• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    I started mine today at 1 PM after doing the Livescan. At this time, all that is left is the MVA and DHMH. Once those are complete, what happens next? What is the actual HQL? Is it a photo ID like a driver's license or a letter?

pittsaero

Mar 29, 2013
    I started mine today at 1 PM after doing the Livescan. At this time, all that is left is the MVA and DHMH. Once those are complete, what happens next? What is the actual HQL? Is it a photo ID like a driver's license or a letter?
    I was told the actual HQL is a gps micro chip implanted in your forehead that the gunshop will scan whenever you buy a regulated firearm & then you will be tracked by the government with the gps part. The person that told me this had just been furloughed & was wearing a tin foil hat so you might want to take this with a grain of salt.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._

It looks like a godamn backstage pass for a rock show ... Im not kidding:

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    Has anyone received their HQL number yet if not the actual license? Just wondering if we have any idea how long it takes to at least get the number. I have a transfer that just came in and my FFL already has the new forms. Can't proceed without the HQL number.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Correction... More like $5... and that may be a bit high.

$50 was nothing more than an arbitrary have-to-have-something, that went all over the map... even had serious consideration at ZERO until they realized the burden it wouldn't be!

$20 is the cost they testified with during the AELR hearings. Shannon Alford brought it up and Benanov and I testified questioning what the cost was for.

Edit: And that $50 fee was introduced as $100 originally. It was debated down to $25, then back to $50. It is as you said, arbitrary.

JCKnauer22

Feb 7, 2013
    Middle River
    Anybody get an incomplete on the training requirement. I filed as training exempt and gave the information on an already owned regulated firearm, so I'm wondering why that one is coming up incomplete. Hopefully it will clear up as they check ownership. Will see.

i have the same thing for mine. i used my hunter safety information straight from the card and i have an incomplete. submitted mine yesterday around 18:30 and this is what i have now

Attachments

• Picture 55.png
      Picture 55.png
      5.8 KB · Views: 393

bogus130

Jan 23, 2013
    i have the same thing for mine. i used my hunter safety information straight from the card and i have an incomplete. submitted mine yesterday around 18:30 and this is what i have now

I used my hunters safety card. I only have DHMH left. I took a picture of the card and uploaded that. METERS just changed from unchecked to completed

Edit: i took the hunters safety course on 10/16/2009

Last edited:

JCKnauer22

Feb 7, 2013
    Middle River
    I used my hunters safety card. I only have DHMH left. I took a picture of the card and uploaded that. METERS just changed from unchecked to completed

i didn't upload anything. i figured the information they asked for was sufficient. it says they'll contact me for further information so i guess i'll just send them a picture if that's what it comes down to. i'm sure they'll contact me promptly and handle this efficiently :innocent0

Mr H

Banana'd
    $20 is the cost they testified with during the AELR hearings. Shannon Alford brought it up and Benanov and I testified questioning what the cost was for.

Edit: And that $50 fee was introduced as $100 originally. It was debated down to $25, then back to $50. It is as you said, arbitrary.

Yes, they SAID $20... we ran some numbers recently and it really is closer to $5.

Not arguing... but the PTB are just raping folks for the heck of it.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I'm curious as to why so many folks are jumping through the "training" hoops, proof and uploads?

I understand why if you do not already own a regulated firearm that's in the MSP system.But if you do own one it's one of the exemptions to the training requirement. It's much easier to fill in the firearm info on the app and be done with it. Notice where it says "HQL Training Exempt" in the first screenshot below.

I can't imagine there are that many folks who have been through training courses and don't have at least one regulated firearm. Maybe I'm wrong...

From 3PM today (when I submitted the app) to 4PM everything is marked completed except DHMH. Maybe those folks are busy on Fridays letting out the weekend loonies so they can go to B'more.

Attachments

• Training Exempt.jpg
      Training Exempt.jpg
      12.2 KB · Views: 364
    • Checklist 10_4_2013 551P.jpg
      Checklist 10_4_2013 551P.jpg
      31.2 KB · Views: 357

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members