• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hattie

Sep 18, 2012
    Did it perhaps come up at any point in the discussion that, absent the very inexpensive-to-operate HPRB, the right to some form of review of MSP's decisions would still exist, and that such reviews would then be by default to the judiciary? Far fewer cases would go up, of course, but each and every one would carry with it the possibility of an eventual precedent that would be a disaster for MSP's longstanding misapplication of the law?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    MV5BMTM0MDQwNjk1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDMyMDY4Mg@@._V1_.jpg

MSP's attorney?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    ...The AG sitting with the LD was presumably there to advise the Troopers on legal questions, but he seemed to do most of the testifiying, while the Troopers watched.

Mostly because the troopers' testimony would consist of "Because we said so." and "Snowden..." Then they would have an ND to demonstrate how an applicant would do an ND.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Did it perhaps come up at any point in the discussion that, absent the very inexpensive-to-operate HPRB, the right to some form of review of MSP's decisions would still exist, and that such reviews would then be by default to the judiciary? Far fewer cases would go up, of course, but each and every one would carry with it the possibility of an eventual precedent that would be a disaster for MSP's longstanding misapplication of the law?

Common sense, good judgement and a judicious use of taxpayer dollars? I'll take three things that are foreign to the MD Senate for a thousand, Alex....;)

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Too subtle for the head beaters, IMO. Their strategic planning is usually on the order of "When's lunch?"

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side

Fantastic point

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Where does the 75% reduced claim come from. Isn't the murder rate actually up in MD. Anyone have data?

I don't know how they can make that claim. I seriously doubt that most handguns used to commit crimes are actually confiscated by the police at the time of the felony. How would they know what handgun committed what crime if it's not found at the scene of the crime? I can't see how any of their data can be real.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I don't know how they can make that claim. I seriously doubt that most handguns used to commit crimes are actually confiscated by the police at the time of the felony. How would they know what handgun committed what crime if it's not found at the scene of the crime? I can't see how any of their data can be real.

Its simple: their data is limited to the ultra small sample of guns that ARE confiscated and identified. If they'd show the data, it would be embarassingly small; basically insignificant.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I just watched the video of the hearing, seemed to me both nominees did very well under sometimes extremely hostile questioning. The Senators just couldn't accept that each case is considered individually, instead of the blanket "NO!" under the previous administration. The level of details they had on some of the cases was remarkable, I guess the Senate's stenographers who attend the HPRB meetings earned their pay.

Speaking of which, I noticed a few things about the audience. Standard MSP LD presence that we all have seen at the hearings, visible just over the top of the podium. In the row behind Chairman Wilson, Marylanders to Prevent Guns presence as well. If you fast forward to near the end, you'll see our favorite weasel, Vinny the Mercenary make a brief appearance, most likely to remind them that they were paid for the ENTIRE hearing so no leaving early. Following the mass exodus after the HPRB nominees were done, they were the only ones in the audience by the end of the hearing. The committee chairman laid out the voting schedule, he said there was an additional HPRB member (Ms. West, I presume) who couldn't be there and was rescheduled for "next week" likely meaning Monday (6 March) but he didn't give a date. They (committee) are going to vote on all 3 together, no mention that I heard for the Senate floor schedule.

One comment, Ms. Judah seems to be extremely family oriented, I believe that was young Mr. Judah visible between the two nominees. I've seen him and her daughter at various HPRB hearings.

Silent Partner

Nov 18, 2015
    The Hereford Zone
    TO:
    MPGV - if your going to report, report accurately. I told you boss last night to inform you to take better notes. I suspect you learned your craft from the MSP LD where you just make stuff up.

MSPLD - Why do you hate us so much ? and don't blame it on the legislature as you were the ones who told them what to write into law, just as you've been coaching MPGV to distort the truth.

Senators - since you seem so concerned with upholding the law I suggest you get off your dead ass and take your limousine with a few of your colleagues to witness a couple of these meetings and stop relying on some other group to do your work. Or ask for a link to the audio recordings that are made for each meeting, we have nothing to hide. As for providing legal advise no such thing occurred. the applicant was told to seek legal counsel and possibly he could resubmit after resolution. You would have done same if it allowed that person to be able to vote again.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Watching this makes me think they must be giving unrestricted permits out like candy on Halloween.

I've had a carry permit since 2010 and stopped carrying a gun on October 1st, 2013. I don't trust any LEO to understand the voodoo restrictions on it. It isn't worth losing my ability to own firearms.

I keep renewing my permit solely as a FU to the state. Watching these blathering clowns reminds me why I stopped carrying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom