• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I think a contingent of folks should show up to observe.

They also used to hold HPRB meetings in a small hard to get to room (just big enough for a rubber stamp) now they are much more open. The HPRB back then had some lapses in complying with the Open Meetings Law (look for the MGA next year try to do away with that minor inconvenience also).

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    That was outrageous behavior by both the Senate and the msp. The msp officer should be charged with assault and battery.
    I hope she sues the mga and msp for her treatment.
    They are driving us closer and closer to the last box that we have to stand by.
    :mad54:&:sad20:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The OAH judges don't know who has the burden. I do know that during restriction appeals the OAH believes the applicants have the burden, when it is actually the MSP.

The judge actually said in the open session/hearing that very thing , it was on me to prove I was worthy .
    That by it's self seems to be backwards , once you peel back the onion on how this state handles the business of our citizens of Maryland I am appalled .

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Someone said OAH has heard 4 cases so far and has sided with MSP on all 4 cases , one of them would be my case . Does anyone here remember hearing Del Biedle saying something to that effect ??? I listened to the video provided here but did not notice that part .

Welder
    I watched the whole thing play out online and yes I do remember hearing Del Biedle saying that the OAH has sided with MSP on all 4 cases. Watched it from start to end and by the end i was shaking my head in TOTAL FURRY!... Its nothing but a dog and pony show...

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    If she snatched someone out of their seat for talking to long they would call it assault.
    When they snatch someone out of their seat for talking to long they call it maintaining order.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Ladies and gents....this ejection of Shari Judah is now a social media battle that we MUST WIN.

Go heavy on FB and other sites with the following hashtags:

#FakeMDhearings
    #GoneIn60seconds
    #MD2Apersecution
    #DemocratConJob

The one minute testimony limit demonstrates that these hearings are NOT SERIOUS!

60 seconds of testimony is WINDOW DRESSING!

Shari Judah is a Governor Hogan appointee and EXPERT WITNESS on the workings of the HPRB and yet, given only 60 seconds to defend CITIZEN OVERSIGHT of the MSP bureaucracy!

HPRB civilian board members who oversee the MSP have been RETURNING CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS TO MD CITIZENS endangered by the MSP-created the 5th AMENDMENT TRAP--being put on trial on the side of the road by a police officer who demands that permit holders explain themselves under RISK OF ARREST!

MARYLAND is the only place in America that has this 5th AMENDMENT TRAP (known as "restrictions" embedded into the handgun Wear & Carry Permit process!

The videos were tweeted out last night.

We need to spread them (and the stills and meme) around social media like butter on hot toast! THIS is what NEW FREEDOM is all about!

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The one minute time limit exists so the speaker will lose their composure. Its done with the hope a scene will be made and an incident will occur.

Thinking back to the arrests last year of R&R and Deep Lurker last year, I'm beginning to see a pattern of 1A violations by the MGA leadership and the MGA membership in general emerging. Anyone else? There was harm done in both cases, IMO.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The OAH judges don't know who has the burden. I do know that during restriction appeals the OAH believes the applicants have the burden, when it is actually the MSP.

According to a recent article (Sun?), only FOUR judges have been trained on the applicable MD law. I'd love to see the "training" they receive. I'd bet it's heavy on the MSP "guidelines."

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    According to a recent article (Sun?), only FOUR judges have been trained on the applicable MD law. I'd love to see the "training" they receive. I'd bet it's heavy on the MSP "guidelines."

The lawyers for the MSP do the training , and before anyone laughs it could and would happen .:innocent0

EdHershon

Oct 2, 2018
    Annapolis
    Someone said OAH has heard 4 cases so far and has sided with MSP on all 4 cases , one of them would be my case . Does anyone here remember hearing Del Biedle saying something to that effect ??? I listened to the video provided here but did not notice that part .

They said 22 cases have been heard and 4 decisions have been issued. Yours is not one of them.

EdHershon

Oct 2, 2018
    Annapolis

This is an issue that will be grounds for an appeal. I objected to this with the judge and she over ruled my objection.

EdHershon

Oct 2, 2018
    Annapolis
    Welder
    I watched the whole thing play out online and yes I do remember hearing Del Biedle saying that the OAH has sided with MSP on all 4 cases. Watched it from start to end and by the end i was shaking my head in TOTAL FURRY!... Its nothing but a dog and pony show...

There have been more than 4 cases heard at OAH. The first decisions may have been released.

Please do not call anyone on this as it may jeapordize existing cases. Let the process play out through proper channels.

I promise that if information was released before it should have been, I will personally call the State Prosecutor’s office to file a complaint and seek an investigation.

EdHershon

Oct 2, 2018
    Annapolis

Senator Beidle stayed 40 judges have been trained. Only 10 judges are hearing these cases.

I have represented 4 clients in cases there myself.

More will be coming on these in the future.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    There have been more than 4 cases heard at OAH. The first decisions may have been released.

Please do not call anyone on this as it may jeapordize existing cases. Let the process play out through proper channels.

I promise that if information was released before it should have been, I will personally call the State Prosecutor’s office to file a complaint and seek an investigation.

If that did happen that info was leaked before it was made public and the those who had appealed not made privy to the judgement yet, then shouldn't the State Prosecutors office investigate and charges brought forth as well? What about a Federal investigation also since it did involve state officials as well? :mad54:

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    So who is going to 1343 today? Gonna walk over on my lunch and hang out for a bit.. Listening to a couple hearings online today about riparian rights and another about pit bulls most people are respecting the time limits, and none that went over are being yanked out.

Wynter

Jul 27, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    Is this why they are voting to remove the board: https://www.baltimoresun.com/bs-ed-concealed-carry-20170312-story.html

This article is from 2017. I was doing some research to find out why they wanted to kill the board.

"The number of appeals heard by the board remains relatively small, though it appears to be growing, from 32 in 2015 to 53 in 2016. And the number of overturned decisions is growing, too, from nine in 2015 to 15 last year. In just the first two months of 2017, the board heard eight cases and overturned the state police six times."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom