• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    My apologies to those in attendance for my abrubt departure... BP maxed out... Had to go...

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I have an informal review coming up with MSP concerning restrictions. I am getting a little concerned.
    You may actually have a better chance there than you do at the HPRB. MSP faces no public embarrassment if they modify your restrictions privately. Best of luck my friend.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Thank you markgrutz for the audio hoping I don't have to go threw all this I've had my face to face with msp about two/three weeks ago just waiting on the next step currently at day 55

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Consensus in the parking lot was that Cardiac Doc should have STFU soon after he started his testimony. The case of the nurse and her award of a CCW was mentioned by two different board members, but he managed to talk himself into the "You should walk your dog in a different neighborhood" decision, so he was denied.

He did mention that he was from Arizona, which is much different than Maryland. The Chair heartily agreed. Welcome to the Formerly Free State, doc...

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Consensus in the parking lot was that Cardiac Doc should have STFU soon after he started his testimony. The case of the nurse and her award of a CCW was mentioned by two different board members, but he managed to talk himself into the "You should walk your dog in a different neighborhood" decision, so he was denied.

He did mention that he was from Arizona, which is much different than Maryland. The Chair heartily agreed. Welcome to the Formerly Free State, doc...

I came to a slightly different conclusion. STFU probably wouldnt have helped, after the trooper's comments about security policy. I think he stood a chance if he had been better prepared. Unfortunelty he was not.
    Just a proper response to the shortage letter would help most applicants tremendously, but most have no idea how to respond.
    For that, im putting blame on these trainers that charge $100's for these classes, but not once have taken the time to attend a hearing to get the real scoop on applications and what MSP wants from an applicant.
    We need to find a way to change this.

eachurch1972

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 27, 2015
    Communist Republic
    I think it's totally ridiculous that they did not approve the Doctor for a permit. Maybe they will feel good when he gets whacked on his head one evening for his prescription pad...The laws in MD are so out of touch.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I think it's totally ridiculous that they did not approve the Doctor for a permit. Maybe they will feel good when he gets whacked on his head one evening for his prescription pad...The laws in MD are so out of touch.

Absolutely correct. We need to keep pushing for real reform.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I came to a slightly different conclusion. STFU probably wouldnt have helped, after the trooper's comments about security policy. I think he stood a chance if he had been better prepared. Unfortunelty he was not.
    Just a proper response to the shortage letter would help most applicants tremendously, but most have no idea how to respond.
    For that, im putting blame on these trainers that charge $100's for these classes, but not once have taken the time to attend a hearing to get the real scoop on applications and what MSP wants from an applicant.
    We need to find a way to change this.

I agree. I suspect he tried to realign his testimony to resemble the Harbor Pilot's as much as he could. He seemed to bring up the same points, but he didn't have the objective proof. The harder he tried, the thinner it got. I think the MSP was speaking to that in their testimony.

I also noticed that he was not sworn in. Obviously an oversight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom