• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    And how, pray tell, do you know this? Did the board have another meeting that the public wasn't privy to?

I asked the Secretary of DPSC what the purpose of the 2nd sign in sheet was (like any Maryland citizen can do, but instead most here would rather bitch about it on an internet forum instead of doing something about it).

I then received a phone call from the chairman of the HPRB that the 2nd sign in sheet has been squashed.

Really simple process actually....well.....not quite as easy as sitting on ones ass at a keyboard and bitching about it on an internet forum.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Not quite, check earlier posts in this thread, the announcement was that in addition to the second sign in the wand was also going to be brought out of retirement.

Hence my questioning of dblas' declaration of the second sign in going away.

Maybe he can also let us know who the fifth member is and when he/she will be sworn in......

As of yesterday, one had not been selected yet (requirement = Minority female), if you know anyone that might fit the requirement have them apply.

Last edited:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I asked the Secretary of DPSC what the purpose of the 2nd sign in sheet was (like any Maryland citizen can do, but instead most here would rather bitch about it on an internet forum instead of doing something about it).

I then received a phone call from the chairman of the HPRB that the 2nd sign in sheet has been squashed.

Really simple process actually....well.....not quite as easy as sitting on ones ass at a keyboard and bitching about it on an internet forum.

:sad20:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Not sure why gender and race are an issue. I have not seen a minority female as an applicant at any hearing, and if there was it was a single applicant.

I want the most knowledgeable person for the position, not a check box on an affirmative action checklist. This is part of the reason this process is moving at a snails pace.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Not sure why gender and race are an issue. I have not seen a minority female as an applicant at any hearing, and if there was it was a single applicant.

I want the most knowledgeable person for the position, not a check box on an affirmative action checklist. This is part of the reason this process is moving at a snails pace.

Ask your Delegate(s) and Senator for the answer.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    As of yesterday, one had not been selected yet (requirement = Minority female), if you know anyone that might fight the requirement have them apply.

This is a joke right? Can't possibly be a requirement.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Whether you like it or not, or intend it or not, when you post here, you do so as MSI leadership. Act like it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

This is a joke right? Can't possibly be a requirement.

I'd be shocked if it was even legal to suggest such a discriminatory selection process.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Whether you like it or not, or intend it or not, when you post here, you do so as MSI leadership. Act like it.

I matched his sarcastic snarky remark with my own, don't like it, don't read it.

The other option is top not post anything at all and just leave you in the dark. As an individual (and since you brought it up) leadership in MSI, I am under absolutely no obligation to provide any information (just like my predecessors chose not to), or explain how, where or why I came about any of the information I happen to have. I do so, because I believe it benefits the community, but if people keep questioning the source, I will follow suite of my predecessors.

BTW, MSI elections are on Sept 17.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Just a friendly reminder... Many eyes on this thread, on this forum, and on social media in general...

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel

A good leader doesn't sugar coat things, and tells it like it is. PC is for people who don't tell the truth. Besides, he's right. That's exactly the kind of leadership I want, and voted for, and will vote for again. Just for the sake of saying so, since that seems to be the trend.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    A good leader doesn't sugar coat things, and tells it like it is. PC is for people who don't tell the truth. Besides, he's right. That's exactly the kind of leadership I want, and voted for, and will vote for again. Just for the sake of saying so, since that seems to be the trend.

A good leader doesn't pick on and bully it's own well respected members; particularly where there is nothing to be gained but obvious self promotion. Noise is just noise if it doesn't satisfy a specific purpose. If I want to pick a fight I can walk down to the local bar and have it with the first guy I encounter, but why would I want to do that in a bar full of my friends unless they actually did something wrong?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I matched his sarcastic snarky remark with my own, don't like it, don't read it.

The other option is top not post anything at all and just leave you in the dark. As an individual (and since you brought it up) leadership in MSI, I am under absolutely no obligation to provide any information (just like my predecessors chose not to), or explain how, where or why I came about any of the information I happen to have. I do so, because I believe it benefits the community, but if people keep questioning the source, I will follow suite of my predecessors.

BTW, MSI elections are on Sept 17.

I'll match my esteemed colleague's admonition that like it or not you are the face and voice of the preeminent 2A advocacy organization in MD and that your posts should reflect same. If you want to post up like John Q Citizen I'm sure there will be a time and place for that.

In regards to the sign in sheet, it's fantastic that you knew enough to call the Secretary and get the 411, frankly I'm surprised that they reversed the apparent decision of the HPRB, but hey, here's a news flash, not everyone who follows these threads knows that a phone call will produce the same results. Again, like it or not your voice as the President of MSI lends credence to your call that the average citizen may not achieve.

I would proffer that you would receive far less "sarcastic and snarky" comments had you prefaced your replies with a simple "I called so and so and this is the information I received" and act to clue the rest of us in instead of coming across as the omniscient knower of all things related to the HPRB.

Frankly your comments in this thread have probably single handedly set back the recruitment of new members to your organization by light years. Time to sit back, take a breath and reexamine how you choose to do business.

Just some constructive criticism, as a brother in the 2A fight I still love you man....

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'll match my esteemed colleague's admonition that like it or not you are the face and voice of the preeminent 2A advocacy organization in MD and that your posts should reflect same. If you want to post up like John Q Citizen I'm sure there will be a time and place for that.

In regards to the sign in sheet, it's fantastic that you knew enough to call the Secretary and get the 411, frankly I'm surprised that they reversed the apparent decision of the HPRB, but hey, here's a news flash, not everyone who follows these threads knows that a phone call will produce the same results. Again, like it or not your voice as the President of MSI lends credence to your call that the average citizen may not achieve.

I didn't call the Secretary, I, like any other Maryland citizen can do, sent him an e-mail from my personal e-mail address asking about the issue. The phone call came to me from the chairman of the HPRB, and he is the one that relayed it is squashed. The how or why, I don't know, and don't care but it is squashed according to the chairman. So it was indeed something any average citizen could have achieved.

I would proffer that you would receive far less "sarcastic and snarky" comments had you prefaced your replies with a simple "I called so and so and this is the information I received" and act to clue the rest of us in instead of coming across as the omniscient knower of all things related to the HPRB.

You want a "professional" answer, then ask it in a "professional" way, Ask it in a sarcastic, snarky way, you will get an equally sarcastic and snarky answer. I don't beat around the bush, and I don't pull punches, I am equally as brutal with friends and those I am on the same side with as those I stand against. Sometimes more so, because I hold them to a higher standard than the other side.

Frankly your comments in this thread have probably single handedly set back the recruitment of new members to your organization by light years. Time to sit back, take a breath and reexamine how you choose to do business.

How I choose to do business does not include sitting back and accepting accusations form the community about private meetings and goings on. I could have just as easily kept my mouth shut about the sign in sheet and let the community have their continued conspiracy theory conversations on what happened to it when it quit being required. So going forward, I will keep my mouth shut and A) not bring any issues to anyones attention, and B) if I do and they are resolved, again keep my mouth shut so I don't get questioned on every little detail.

Just some constructive criticism, as a brother in the 2A fight I still love you man....

Does that mean you're buying the beer next time?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I'd be shocked if it was even legal to suggest such a discriminatory selection process.

I am sure that if the criteria was stated that fit the demographics of some of the other appointees before their selection there would have been a shout that could have been heard in Annapolis. Any time you select a person based on race or gender as a necessary criteria it is discriminatory.

MLK is rolling in his grave.
    I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I am sure that if the criteria was stated that fit the demographics of some of the other appointees before their selection there would have been a shout that could have been heard in Annapolis. Any time you select a person based on race or gender as a necessary criteria it is discriminatory.

MLK is rolling in his grave.

Start calling Chris Cavey and voicing you opinions.

Chris is the Deputy Secretary of Appointments - chris.cavey@maryland.gov

The Secretary of Appointments is Dennis Schrader - dennis.schrader@maryland.gov

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I didn't call the Secretary, I, like any other Maryland citizen can do, sent him an e-mail from my personal e-mail address asking about the issue. The phone call came to me from the chairman of the HPRB, and he is the one that relayed it is squashed. The how or why, I don't know, and don't care but it is squashed according to the chairman. So it was indeed something any average citizen could have achieved.

You want a "professional" answer, then ask it in a "professional" way, Ask it in a sarcastic, snarky way, you will get an equally sarcastic and snarky answer. I don't beat around the bush, and I don't pull punches, I am equally as brutal with friends and those I am on the same side with as those I stand against. Sometimes more so, because I hold them to a higher standard than the other side.

How I choose to do business does not include sitting back and accepting accusations form the community about private meetings and goings on. I could have just as easily kept my mouth shut about the sign in sheet and let the community have their continued conspiracy theory conversations on what happened to it when it quit being required. So going forward, I will keep my mouth shut and A) not bring any issues to anyones attention, and B) if I do and they are resolved, again keep my mouth shut so I don't get questioned on every little detail.

Does that mean you're buying the beer next time?

You've got some issues to work through, I wish you well.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

As of yesterday, one had not been selected yet (requirement = Minority female), if you know anyone that might fight the requirement have them apply.

Wow. Someone in government actually stated that?

Wow.

Imagine how many very qualified people this arbitrarily excludes.

Last edited:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

A non-racial non-gender state-level non-quota has been uncovered. And here I was thinking that all that was required is ability and interest. How enlightening...

And this is NOT directed at you, dblas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom