• ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    SILVERADO GUN SHOW
    Saturday, September 10th 2016 .. 9 am - 5 pm
    Sunday, September 11th 2016 .. 9 am - 3 pm
    Over 400 Tables of all types of Firearms & related items.
    All Firearm transactions subject to all Federal, State, & Local Laws.
    Adults .. $9.00, Over 62 $8.00, Children under 12 & parking free
    Information: 301-874-5012
    www.silveradogunshow.com

At the Howard County Fairgrounds

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    South Carroll Sporting Goods will be there with all kinds of stuff, lot's of ammo at great prices too! We will also be donating $3.43 and SCSG will match that amount for each firearm sold to the 9/11 memorial fund in honor of the 343 FDNY firefighters who gave their lives that Tuesday morning:patriot:. Stop by and see us:thumbsup:

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    Cool. I'm maybe in the market for a semi-auto shotgun though I've never been lucky with gun show prices.

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    Hope they'll be some reasonably priced complete uppers there, and a few more AR build parts.

I've just gotta finish building Fraunkie, short for Fraunkensteen (named/spelled in tribute to Gene Wilder, Young Frankenstein). I pretty much know now what I want. She's to be a flat top AR made from many composite donor/different parts. So far, I have Spike, DPMS & Wyndom loose in a box. Well, I might not be actually building her, my son offered to assist. He got a real nice upper at the Dundalk show just past. That may be available for Fraunkie if I can look pitiful enough. Anyway, looking forward to the show.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    I was thinking of bringing my Father in-law to the show this weekend and I have a quick accessibility question. He is 91 and can walk pretty well with a cane for short distances. I typically bring a wheel chair if there is extended walking or crowds. He has never been to a gun show and has expressed an interest in going. Would there be any issues with a wheel chair at the show that I should be aware of. I have never been to the Howard show but I'm assuming it would be similar to the Gettysburg and Frederick shows with wide aisles and concrete flooring.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I was thinking of bringing my Father in-law to the show this weekend and I have a quick accessibility question. He is 91 and can walk pretty well with a cane for short distances. I typically bring a wheel chair if there is extended walking or crowds. He has never been to a gun show and has expressed an interest in going. Would there be any issues with a wheel chair at the show that I should be aware of. I have never been to the Howard show but I'm assuming it would be similar to the Gettysburg and Frederick shows with wide aisles and concrete flooring.

Absent a nationwide panic where they cram every available dealer in there, Ho Co shows have the widest aisles of MD gun shows.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Mopar is right...no problem whatsoever. I'll likely be there with an oxygen tank on one shoulder and a FOR SALE M1 Garand on the other, so say hello. If he's a WWII veteran, he can get familiar with the rifle he might have carried so long ago.

Lew--Ranger63
    Korea, Vietnam (2), W. Germany
    US Army (Ret--'84)

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

Parking can be a hike if it's crowded. I'd plan to drop him off right at the door, then find a parking spot. If he has a placard, that would be even better. As others have said, once he's in, it should be fine. I've seen wheelchairs in there before. If he wants to try the cane, I bet the ticket takers would let him store the wheelchair up front with them, just in case.

Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    Looks like I'll be there Sunday instead of Saturday. Guess I'll be going through slim pickings haha. Should setup MDS name tags at the counter or something so people can identify lol.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association will be there. Stop by and pick up a $10.00 raffle for a refurbished M1 Carbine (work done by James River). Only 500 chances printed and about 150 tickets left. We will draw the winning ticket once the last ticket is sold.

All of the money goes toward legal fees for current 2A court cases. MSRPA has donated over $15000 from our M1 Garand and M1 Carbine raffles. Come on out and show your support for gun shows and the Second Amendment!

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Mopar is right...no problem whatsoever. I'll likely be there with an oxygen tank on one shoulder and a FOR SALE M1 Garand on the other, so say hello. If he's a WWII veteran, he can get familiar with the rifle he might have carried so long ago.

Thanks all for the information. My FIL was from England and trained with an Enfield. He was based in Bristol and due to his age during the war, never saw action. He turned 18 when the war ended. He spent most of his time packing parachutes and doing night patrols as part of the home guard.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    There's going to be a vey big open spot in the front of the show this weekend. I would go and walk around a few times and then spend time with Lou. Who am I gonna talk with about war, politics and Sarah Palin?

It will be sad. :sad53:
    RIP

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    There's going to be a vey big open spot in the front of the show this weekend. I would go and walk around a few times and then spend time with Lou. Who am I gonna talk with about war, politics and Sarah Palin?

It will be sad. :sad53:
    RIP

MSI.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Thanks all for the information. My FIL was from England and trained with an Enfield. He was based in Bristol and due to his age during the war, never saw action. He turned 18 when the war ended. He spent most of his time packing parachutes and doing night patrols as part of the home guard.

I'd love to meet and talk with him. I was commissioned Infantry and am Airborne and Ranger qualified, and I also am a dual rated Army aviator with 1,100 hours of Vietnam combat time under my belt. So, I think we could find a few things to chat about. If I make it, I will look for you. I'll be easy to spot as my lung issue, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, dictates that I tote oxygen for the rest of my days. I'll be wearing a Ranger or Vietnam Vet hat.

Lew--Ranger63

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Anyone going to have 9mm ar lowers ?? Debating this one or the one by Buck PA..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom