• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SamIam

Feb 6, 2021
    giphy.gif

Just look at the price tag, shake your head, laugh and walk on by the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    The S in MSRP stands for suggested. He can charge whatever he wants. When nobody buys and he gets tired of dragging around to every show he mighr drop the price a bit. Just look at the price tag, shake your head, laugh and walk on by the table.

I thought that meant Mainly Supreme Racist People that could actually afford paying sticker price. MSRP is the starting price and consumers should typically pay below that. FUD is perpetuated to raise prices above that.

https://www.sfgate.com/local/article/school-renaming-SFUSD-acronyms-racist-15919053.php

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    It was not FOX. It was Oh Shoot! I bought a Ruger AR.556/.223 @ Gym Ratz 4 years ago for $600. They had the exact same rifle on the table for $1699!! The show was OK. Not a lot of vendors, probably half as many as I have seen packed in that room in the past, but...it was a show and was nice to get out on Saturday and go to a gun show. I was looking specifically for a Shield .45 but none there. What I did see was prices much higher than in the stores. Many guns that are normally priced $500-$700 range for $1000 and .223 and 9mm ammo for $1+/round! Of course it is better if you buy bulk. 1000 rounds for $700ish.

Oh Shoot had high prices, but he did have a large set up with a lot of inventory!

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I never studied business or finance, but how much are they allowed to charge over MSRP before it's considered extortion or price gouging?

Manufacturers SUGGESTED Retail Price. Called that for a reason

My bad, already answered but the question's answer needed reinforcement. I thought everyone knew what MSRP meant, it's a common term. You know, if a car is going 60 mph, how many miles will it travel in one hour?:lol2:

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    That's kind of foolish to use others opinion on whether or not to go. I didn't find everything I need, but even at the worst shows I find a bargain or 2 of something I want.

I will agree with this

I've gone to "great" shows to find they sucked and "awful" shows just to find out they were really decent

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    But remember, if we don't support MD gun shows, they will disappear. Then to overpay we will have to go in actual stores and offer to pay 20-40% more than they are asking.

In a previous thread someone bemoaned the MD gun shows as a waste of time,, someone replied "If we do not support the promoter they will not have an incentive to do better"
    I don't think that's how it works,, :sad20:

Sadly, this is not new,, it's the reason I stopped attending shows of any kind in the early-Mid 90s "Why pay more"

It was not FOX. It was Oh Shoot! I bought a Ruger AR.556/.223 @ Gym Ratz 4 years ago for $600. They had the exact same rifle on the table for $1699!! The show was OK. Not a lot of vendors, probably half as many as I have seen packed in that room in the past, but...it was a show and was nice to get out on Saturday and go to a gun show. I was looking specifically for a Shield .45 but none there. What I did see was prices much higher than in the stores. Many guns that are normally priced $500-$700 range for $1000 and .223 and 9mm ammo for $1+/round! Of course it is better if you buy bulk. 1000 rounds for $700ish.

Oh Shoot had high prices, but he did have a large set up with a lot of inventory!

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    But remember, if we don't support MD gun shows, they will disappear. Then to overpay we will have to go in actual stores and offer to pay 20-40% more than they are asking.

In a previous thread someone bemoaned the MD gun shows as a waste of time,, someone replied "If we do not support the promoter they will not have an incentive to do better"

Sadly, this is not new,, it's the reason I stopped attending shows of any kind in the early-Mid 90s "Why pay more"

Was probably me bemoaning them

That being said Timonium is the main target of my disdain. Frederick and Howard have always been better. I didn't go to this one cause I had other plans both days.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland

I don't think any gun shows are a waste of time even if I don't buy anything. I like looking at guns and ammo and accessories.

putneyswope

Dismember
    Aug 7, 2010
    How do y’all feel about going to strip clubs? It’s more or less the same as going to a Maryland gun show these days. You’re paying money to look at things that aren’t worth the price to bring home...

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    I guess in all honesty I am a "Buyer" not a "shopper"
    And in these times, you can research and shop from home via the internet.

And the only thing needing to be in my hands prior to the purchase would be a handgun.

I used to love "shows" in the 80s -90s, gun shows, tool shows, etc. but they all changed in the 90s, you can now "browse" from home. things used to be discounted at shows,, now vendors increase their prices compared to their stores.
    Disclaimer: there are a rare few that have decent show prices.

I don't think any gun shows are a waste of time even if I don't buy anything. I like looking at guns and ammo and accessories.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    What?? your not supposed to bring them home??

How do y’all feel about going to strip clubs? It’s more or less the same as going to a Maryland gun show these days. You’re paying money to look at things that aren’t worth the price to bring home...

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Agreed. I think of gun shows nowadays as a form of entertainment. Look around, browse, see all the new guns, parts and accessories.....if I find a good deal or something while I'm there, all the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom