• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • taisho

Jan 4, 2021
    Glen Burnie
    Found a reasonable deal

Went yesterday and found a ruger 10/22 at a reasonable price. Not the exact gun I was seeking (looking for a 10/22 takedown), but I had the money burning a hole in my pocket.

There was a vendor with a fancy 10/22 takedown that was more than I wanted to pay.

Less crowded than the timonium show and no line when I got there around 1pm on Saturday

38super

Jan 8, 2016
    Montgomery County
    Went to show late yesterday found some decent deal's on parts and some odd ball ammo. South Carrol was cleaned out of ammo by the time I got there, will have to stop by his shop this week.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Dealer is Oh Shoot.

Same guy that was asking $600 for a HiPoint carbine?

I bought a pound of powder for my muzzle loaders and some plastic ammo boxes for my loose.38’s. Should have bought double the boxes, didn’t realize I had this many .38’s.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Hate to say it but the prices make sense- some of these vendors who do this full time to pay the bills need to make more per unit due to lack of availability and volume drop or we start running out of options as they cease operations.

Kevingston

Dec 19, 2019
    Central MD
    Hate to say it but the prices make sense- some of these vendors who do this full time to pay the bills need to make more per unit due to lack of availability and volume drop or we start running out of options as they cease operations.

Gotcha, that's what I'm trying to understand

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    We also don't know what the vendor had to pay to even have an inventory. I would think all inventory...at least that which is most in demand...purchased prior to the current buying binge has long been sold and replacement inventory is much more expensive and subject to the laws of supply and demand.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I never studied business or finance, but how much are they allowed to charge over MSRP before it's considered extortion or price gouging?

Under a capitalist system, it’s acceptable for them to charge whatever they want to. You as the buyer have the option to buy from someplace else, or not buy at all. “Price gouging” is a term used by Democrats who don’t understand economics.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    He's always exorbitant. One year he had printed off a summary of a bill that was introduced as a way to panic people into paying his prices. It was one of those bills that didn't actually have support and wasn't going anywhere, and he wasn't encouraging people to fight it. He was using it as an excuse to cause panic. It was repulsive. I don't begrudge anyone having to charge more because they paid more, but there's no reason for him to be significantly higher than everyone else, and by a ton.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I never studied business or finance, but how much are they allowed to charge over MSRP before it's considered extortion or price gouging?

The S in MSRP stands for suggested. He can charge whatever he wants. When nobody buys and he gets tired of dragging around to every show he mighr drop the price a bit. Just look at the price tag, shake your head, laugh and walk on by the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom