• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    When asked by folks how do I get out of a speeding ticket? I say...don't speed.

How do I avoid getting pulled over by the police?.... don't commit a traffic infraction while driving.

Perhaps you didn't understand the question. There must be a secret handshake or something.....

300RUM

Custom Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    North East
    While it does not change the way I conduct the stop. It does let me know that there is possibly someone in the vehicle who is armed.

The way I look at it, every vehicle you pull over, you should know that there is possibly someone in the vehicle who is armed.

Furthermore the person driving may be a violent criminal, who is armed and stole the car, so the registration is of no importants. I know this is not a very probable situation, but I wouldn't want to run a guys tag and think ok this guy has ccw and go into the stop with any preconceived notions.

FWIW, I roll down my window, shut off my engine, keep both of my hands on 10 & 2, wait for intruction. I will be notifying the officer if I have a future stop.:thumbsup:

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    The way I look at it, every vehicle you pull over, you should know that there is possibly someone in the vehicle who is armed.

Furthermore the person driving may be a violent criminal, who is armed and stole the car, so the registration is of no importants. I know this is not a very probable situation, but I wouldn't want to run a guys tag and think ok this guy has ccw and go into the stop with any preconceived notions.

FWIW, I roll down my window, shut off my engine, keep both of my hands on 10 & 2, wait for intruction. I will be notifying the officer if I have a future stop.:thumbsup:

A preconceived notion is all we have to go on with any traffic stop and it is better than none.

Sent from my BlackBerry or iPhone using Tapatalk

300RUM

Custom Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    North East
    Fair enough, You gotta do the job & it's a tough job. I'm just looking in from the outside.

I think I would walk up to every car ready to defend my life. Godspeed to all having to do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom