• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aug 16, 2022
    Finksburg, MD
    Hello everyone. We are conducting HQL/Wear and Carry Courses if you or someone you know need one.

We still have seats available for our *Oct 8-9 Class in Finksburg, MD. Email me if you want to sign up.

Wear and Carry 10/8-9 $350 (HQL included free if needed)
    HQL Only 10/8 $125

*I also serialize 80% frames/receivers to ATF standards (accepted by MSP)

Alejandro Schubert
    Owner & Artist
    Blue Customworks
    Finksburg, MD
    Cerakote – Laser Engraving
    P80-80% Lower Serializing – NFA Engraving
    FFL Type 7 Manufacturer
    info@bluecustomworks.us
    Mobile: (301) 742-4428
    Instagram, Facebook, Gun Broker search: Blue Customworks
    Website coming soon.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Hi All

I posted this question on another thread on MDS but since I do not know how many people are looking at that thread, I am posting it again here. Advance apologies for the double post.

I got my fingerprints done when I took my 16 hour CCW class and got a receipt with a TCN number. The lady who did my fingerprints told me that I just needed to enter the TCN number into my CCW application and I would not need to upload my fingerprints. So while I was filling out my application, I entered the TCN number in the place where it asked for a PCN number and figured that that would be that. However, the application is asking me to upload my fingerprints and will not allow me to complete the application without that attachment. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I just upload the receipt I got that has the TCN number in it? I'm very confused about what document I need to upload because the fingerprints are supposed to be electronic so there should not be a paper document to upload.

Any help you all can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Cal68

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Hi All

I posted this question on another thread on MDS but since I do not know how many people are looking at that thread, I am posting it again here. Advance apologies for the double post.

I got my fingerprints done when I took my 16 hour CCW class and got a receipt with a TCN number. The lady who did my fingerprints told me that I just needed to enter the TCN number into my CCW application and I would not need to upload my fingerprints. So while I was filling out my application, I entered the TCN number in the place where it asked for a PCN number and figured that that would be that. However, the application is asking me to upload my fingerprints and will not allow me to complete the application without that attachment. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I just upload the receipt I got that has the TCN number in it? I'm very confused about what document I need to upload because the fingerprints are supposed to be electronic so there should not be a paper document to upload.

Any help you all can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Cal68

Upload the receipt with the PCN number on it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Upload the receipt with the PCN number on it

I don't think I uploaded the receipt. I believe I only uploaded a picture, and the score sheet.

On page 1 of the app you @Cal68 should be able to edit the PCN# field, and change from the TCN number to the PCN number.
    Thanks guys, I will upload the receipt. But it has the TCN number, not the PCN number which the form requires.

eruby: I am not quite sure I understand what you are suggesting because the form asks for the PCN number but my fingerprinting receipt only has a TCN number. I will see if I can edit the PCN field to make it TCN.

Cal68

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    The TCN and PCN number are used interchangeably

I followed your advice and uploaded the fingerprint scanning receipt that has the TCN number in it. I was then able to submit the HGP application. Yay! But I was not able to go into the system and edit PCN to TCN as eruby suggested. I hope that the authorities realize that the whole point of having electronic fingerprints is that there is nothing to upload apart from the TCN/PCN number!

Thanks to both of you for your help.

Cal68

bmodzelewski

Oct 11, 2012
    Middle River
    I don't think I uploaded the receipt. I believe I only uploaded a picture, and the score sheet.

On page 1 of the app you @Cal68 should be able to edit the PCN# field, and change from the TCN number to the PCN number.

Once you submit the application you can not edit the information on the first page…

jweb

Oct 31, 2022
    Forest Hill, MD
    Forgive me if this has been covered before, but what are you uploading where it states:

You must attach OFFICIAL court dispositions and any other documents necessary to fully answer question numbers 1 - 14 below to this application.

I had an "open container" and trespass charge back in the 1980's

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    Just read the COMAR 29.03.01.01 and .02. It seems some questions on the application are not in line with the COMAR. Has anyone heard of plans to revise the application?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    MSP said they were redoing the app in light of Bruen. Perhaps those issues will be addressed as well

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    One of the references for my application is retired. What should be entered for someone who is retired?

Last edited:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    One of the references for my application is retired. What should be entered for someone who is retired?
    It's a character witness, not a professional reference. Just enter "retired" and "n/a" in the fields that would normally associate with employment. And as mentioned above, there is a nearly 100% chance not a reference or even a spouse will be contacted.

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Just an fyi
    Filling out info on portal was pretty straight forward “until” I tried to download passport size photo.

Spend hour or more using different apps to crop photo before downloading all for nothing. Had no luck.

Come to find out , any photo fitting requirements( white back ground, head and shoulders,ect. other then size when downloaded on portal Will automatically allow you to crop that photo to size needed.

Hope that helps others that are not tech savvy like myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom