Finksburg, MD
    Timeline below.

4/12: Applied
    4/13: Accepted
    4/24: Assigned to an investigator
    5/06: Called by investigator to schedule a phone interview
    5/09: Called by investigator for phone interview
    5/10: References called by investigator
    5/11: Email received from investigator stating completion of fact-finding and to await a decision no later than 13 JUL 2022.
    06/02: APPROVAL EMAIL RECEIVED. Awaiting physical card.

For those who are applying under the "Federal Employee or Contractor" permit category, here is what the approval license states:

"VALID WHILE MAINTAINING EMPLOYMENT AS AN ACTIVE, RESERVE, CIVILIAN OR CONTRACTOR EMPLOYEE FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE. (MD ONLY) (NOT VALID WHERE FIREARMS ARE PROHIBITED BY LAW)"
    Update — 06/06: Physical card received in the mail.

Dave501z

Apr 12, 2022
    Harford County Maryland
    Going to the process now so I thought I would share where I’m at so far hopefully I hear something soon.

G&S Business owner.
    4/19 applied
    4/21 accepted
    5/17 call references
    5/18 called me for investigation and asking for more bank statements
    5/19 called domestic reference and emailed 3 months of bank info
    I was told everything looked good.

Hopefully it doesn’t take 90 days. I feel like it’s moving quickly.
    Update- after being asked for more banking info and proving it on 6/8 I received today in a email 6/14 - APPLICATION HAS BEEN APPROVED.
    Permit Restrictions
    NONE

Last edited:

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I found the best way for MD residents to get a permit.

Step 1. Move to a free state.
    Step 2. Get a permit
    Step 3. Profit

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Dave501z

Apr 12, 2022
    Harford County Maryland
    Going to the process now so I thought I would share where I’m at so far hopefully I hear something soon.

G&S Business owner.
    4/19 applied
    4/21 accepted
    5/17 call references
    5/18 called me for investigation and asking for more bank statements
    5/19 called domestic reference and emailed 3 months of bank info
    I was told everything looked good.

Hopefully it doesn’t take 90 days. I feel like it’s moving quickly.
    Received card in mail today June 17th

River Hill

Dec 15, 2012
    Maryland
    With the decision that just came down, it will be very interesting to see how my application is handled.

I applied about 30 days ago. I was assigned an investigator about 15 days ago, but I have not heard from them nor have my references.

I wonder what approach they will take with my application.

JRazgaitis

Mar 11, 2020
    Hampstead, MD
    With the decision that just came down, it will be very interesting to see how my application is handled.

I applied about 30 days ago. I was assigned an investigator about 15 days ago, but I have not heard from them nor have my references.

I wonder what approach they will take with my application.
    I applied on 6/19/2022 still waiting for my application to be "accepted". With the ruling that just came down like you said we shall see.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I applied on 6/19/2022 still waiting for my application to be "accepted". With the ruling that just came down like you said we shall see.
    MD was specifically mentioned with 6 other states where their CCW permit requirements were struck down. Just like DC they will be a shall issues state. The bone heads in charge will be skurring like rats on a sinking ship and will more than likely to try to find a work around.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    is there any info on non resident carry permits? Md ST lic division brushed me off with the no plans on how to implement CCW permits. i know non resident permits have been issued but whats the process? just the same as resident?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    is there any info on non resident carry permits? Md ST lic division brushed me off with the no plans on how to implement CCW permits. i know non resident permits have been issued but whats the process? just the same as resident?
    Maryland makes no distinction between residents and non-residents. So if you don't live here but want one, you'll still have to do the 16 hours, get the prints, pay and apply, and then wait out the background check just like residents. For now, anyway.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Maryland makes no distinction between residents and non-residents. So if you don't live here but want one, you'll still have to do the 16 hours, get the prints, pay and apply, and then wait out the background check just like residents. For now, anyway.
    But now, unlike previously, it is at least worth doing, or it can be.

So this means no more permit review board? I gather that was the perpetual rubber stamp "No" that was the problem.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    HPRB has been disbanded for a while now, but the Admin. Law judge review should be slowing to crawl.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The review board is long ago history. You could take an appeal to a magistrate for recent appeals.
    A magistrate may be good. “Hey, your magistrateness, did you read this short story by Clarence Thomas?” A couple of those and MSP will get the picture. No judge can misinterpret what is written there.

FatTony

Aug 2, 2015
    Carroll County
    I submitted my renewal under the Federal employee category on June 20th, haven't received the application accepted status yet. I suspect the MSP LD has a huge backlog of new applications or holding up for changes to or removal of the Permit category part of the application. No complaints from me as long as it removes the "Valid while employed by" restriction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom