• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    It's interesting how this was (seemingly) NOT what this process was to be used for.

Why is the HPRB meeting open,.... then no public allowed at the OAH?

Seems backwards.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I am on day 28. I will let everyone know what happens.
    Day 1

maryland-governor-larry-hogan-1.jpg

b_cabbell

Jan 9, 2019
    Hughesville
    I know this has been talked about and there has been a few threads over the years regarding this. BUT, a lot of it is dated and closer to the OPM breach. I am hesitant to apply for my carry permit. But I have TS SCI clearance and OPM breach letter.. are the chances slim now a days using that as G&S? I could really use some help in best way to move forward with using that..

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I know this has been talked about and there has been a few threads over the years regarding this. BUT, a lot of it is dated and closer to the OPM breach. I am hesitant to apply for my carry permit. But I have TS SCI clearance and OPM breach letter.. are the chances slim now a days using that as G&S? I could really use some help in best way to move forward with using that..

Very good chance. But, you need proof of your clearance. This depends on whom you work for and if they will certify the clearance.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD

I JUST got mine last month - same reason. The bad guy knows where you and your family live AND they know your clearance level and EVERYTHING about you.

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    This may have been answered somewhere else in this thread so I apologize ahead of time. I haven’t read all the pages because none of it really pertains to me per se (I know it’s something we should all follow because it has to do with our constitutional right).

My question is does anyone know if working as a realtor, or a school teacher justifies (through MSP’s eyes) a CCW permit? These two specific professions I think could be well served from carrying. I know public schools are far away from ever allowing this on their property, but what about if a private school teacher wanted it, and the employer allowed it?

Thanks in advance!

I'm a real estate agent and was able to craft a G&S that got me a permit, restricted to when I'm working as a licensed real estate agent in MD and when I'm working as the owner of my LLC.

Buzz826

Sep 15, 2018
    You lucky I got a clearance as well as rental property with a license to rent the property... but my Maryland investigator is sending me up the wall and down the other seems like Nothing satisfy her. .... I'm amazed when she keeps asking is it a top secret clearance when there's all kinds of levels of Clarence and if you run around telling everyone about your clearance what's the point of have one .....the NRA Is fighting bumer stocks and other crazy stuff when they should be fighting the state about this good as the stantial reason...

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    sent my renewal application in December. it expires 2/28. no update from MSP. I called for status and they say I must come to Pikesville and show a photo ID to get my status. WHF!!!! Just another hoop to jump through. Ridiculous!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    sent my renewal application in December. it expires 2/28. no update from MSP. I called for status and they say I must come to Pikesville and show a photo ID to get my status. WHF!!!! Just another hoop to jump through. Ridiculous!
    Never heard of such a thing.....

jrh0341

Jul 20, 2017

yeah, just hurry up and get on it. They can take the full 90 business days to process. But yes, as long as your FSO will verify it, you should be fine.

bdub

Jan 23, 2013
    If you get prints done via live scan for a hql, does that mean they will be in the system and not have to be done again for the wear and carry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    They may be, but the CJIS codes are different. One for HQL and a difftent code for W&C.

Prints age off the CJIS system after about 30 days according to what I have heard

I’d call MSP LD and confirm

jdougal08

Jan 25, 2008
    I was told you can not use the same prints. What you can do is get printed for your CCW. Once approved you can apply for the HQL and be accepted due to your CCW and not have to submit prints. Only downside is it's going to take 90 days to get your CCW and then another week or so to get your HQL. If not in a rush for the HQL you can save yourself the $$ on getting printed twice.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Assuming you are approved for a CCW, that would work but be aware MSP requires that your app be submitted within 72 hours of prints being taken.

HQL does not

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom