How many times have you been burglarized in your home?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How many times has your home been burglarized?

Votes: 137 65.9%

Votes: 40 19.2%

Votes: 22 10.6%

Votes: 4 1.9%
    • 4 or more

Votes: 5 2.4%

• Total voters

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    When I was much younger I had my bicycle stolen from the front yard.

When I first moved into my current home I thought the neighborhood was a little bit better than it actually is. I left my car unlocked one night and had all of my CD's (music), GPS, the change in my ashtray, and a leatherman multi-tool stolen. Learned my lesson and the true state of the neighborhood. Found out from some LEO's that the drug addicts who walk around will often just try door handles on the cars. If they open they'll go for the change to accumulate enough money for a "hit" of something.

Dec 31, 2012
    In my current home...none.
    Previous to current home; I surprised two guys trying to get into my front door one night around 1am. Wife heard something and woke me. I heard it and went to the front door. Pulled it open while simultaneously raising my Mossberg 500 to their faces. One guy ran while the other slowly backed away apologizing.

Another time in that same home...a knock on the door one morning. I looked out to see a group of guys in all black-tacticooled out. When I got a look at them, the last guy was pulling a mask down over his face.
    Scary chit and a long story (more than I want to type). Bottom line was they had the wrong address and once they discovered that, they ran. I still don't know who they were and frankly, I don't want to know.

Many break ins and home invasions as a kid growing up. Our house was hit literally about 12-15 times in 20 years.

-When I was around 10 years old, I woke up one night to find a strange man in my room. He put his hands around my neck and began to squeeze and suddenly he stopped and left. Not sure why but he took off.

-At four years old, I watched a man strong arm his way into our back door. My mom ran to get between him and her children. He beat her like she was a man. The only reason he stopped hitting her was because my old man came home from work and my sister ran to the window screaming, "Dad!! Bring your gun!! There's a man in the house!!!" As soon as she started yelling, the guy ran out of the house. If not for my old man keeping that 38 in his glove box, I imagine that man would have killed my mom and probably us as well.

-When I was 14, my sister ran in my room one night and said there was a man in her closet. We went into the hallway and her bedroom door opened. Out came a man with a knife. We ran like hell. Luckily, he didn't follow us. When the police arrived, I was outside looking around. Was carrying a baseball bat. Off duty LEO showed up driving his personal car. He was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. He saw me and likely thought I was the bad guy because he ran toward me. I thought he was the bad guy so I ran right back at him. I should add-at 14 I was six feet tall and about 200lbs. Thankfully he identified himself as police..."GET ON THE GROUND!!!!!" I complied, all was good.

-At about 16'ish, my sister was taking a shower one Saturday afternoon after being in the pool all day. When she came out of the bathroom, she was met by a man who had just opened the back door and strolled right in.

I could keep going but yeah...I've been through it a few times.

Damn, where did you live? Chicago?

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    None, yet. I'm pretty sure my neighbors across the street sell weed. I pray I am not home if one of their customers comes looking for money.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    While I was on my way home from Afghanistan at the beginning of this year a guy named Randall Watkins and another person that was not identified broke into my home and ransacked/looted the place by breaking into a basement door by busting out a window. My neighbors were alerted by the loud bang noise they made from prying open my gun cabinet (one of them spent over an hour working on it with a pry bar while the other was ransacking the place). They were caught on a neighbors camera entering the house and piling my belongings at the end of my yard. When the neighbors were alerted they shined a flashlight in the window and startled them and you can see them on camera leaving out the back. They made off with as much property as they could fit in a bunch of my military bags and also with an Uzi they got out of my safe. All my rifles were laid out on my bed as if they were going to load them up. Being startled I'm assuming they just ran with the Uzi because they couldn't carry any more. Over the following weeks his girlfriend a minor who I havent decided if I want to name posted some of my belongings on Instagram or Twitter for sale and I was sent pictures because we have mutual friends. Between this and his close friend Darnell Veney squealing to the police and another fine gentlemen **Im removing this part for legal reasons but theres more to it...** he was pretty much screwed. Randall Watkins was convicted. People kept bringing up another house in my neighborhood (7844 Saint Fabian Lane) but nothing was ever tied to them. He also took it to show it to his friend Darnell Veney who lives a few blocks over the morning it was stolen. It was a nightmare to come home to this. Randall Watkins targeted me because he knew I was in Afghanistan and coming home very shortly and his time was running out. There is alot more information but I cannot share it because its still ongoing. The Uzi and most of the property was never recovered. The only thing that was returned to me was a broken Xbox and a compound bow that I am afraid to fire because I dont know what was done to it while it was in their possession. Since the Uzi was just recently banned I cannot replace it.

I threw those names out there because **** them they do not deserve any privacy.

If anyone wants any details or any of these assholes personal information hit me up I have it all. My mother passed away from cancer immediately before this happened and my girlfriend cheated on me with about 4 guys over the few month period before this happened all while I was freezing my ass off in a tent in FOB Shank Afghanistan. My home life was pretty much destroyed while I was deployed and I got to land in Baltimore to a trashed house and nothing on my 30th birthday so I have no sympathy for this guy. Randall is serving about an 8 year sentence right now and I would love to find out who the other guy was.

This may be a little bit of a reach... but I feel like the stem of this is a gigantic false value being placed on these guns because of all the legislation that has passed. Lets be honest, a gun like an Uzi is really only worth a few hundred bucks between labor and materials... yet they can sell in places for thousands of dollars because of all the ridiculous laws and restrictions that make them so hard to acquire. It inflates the value enormously and this makes any gun owner a huge target for crimes like this. I thank Brian Frosh, Martin O'Malley, Anthony Brown and all of their goonies for this happening. I was targeted for a firearm, but my door had to get kicked in and my house trashed and other property stolen during this burglary.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    rrrrrrkevin, I can't imagine being happy to come home after serving in Afghanistan and then experiencing what you did!

Thank you for your service!

Thanks brother, believe me during many stressful times I cleared my head by finding a computer and logging on to shooters and just skimming through it. My favorite reading is "Epic Funny Picture Thread" "Girlz & Guns" and the classifieds! :) Even Facebook is too full of liberal BS to be good reading material to cool down with if you know what I mean. Not to derail the thread...

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Wow, some fine thanks you get for risking your a$$ defending the freedoms and opportunities that fvckwad thieves merely turn their cowardly, worthless hides on. :sad20:

From MD Case Search, it appears this is not the first time the pr1ck has run afoul of the law...something our esteemed political masters can surely be proud of. His buddy Darnell has been quite busy, too.

JosephIV

Been lucky so far. We live in a small neighborhood with one entry / exit road. It's not often that strangers end up in our area. Neighbors had unlocked cars opened and stuff taken last year. This year some schmucks stole street signs after knocking over the posts.

Last year I was visiting family in PA and left the wife at home. She calls my cell around 10:40 PM saying she hears two males talking on our porch. I tell her to arm herself with the .357, hang up, and dial 911. She agrees.

Well, she didn't get a gun, she did call 911, and she sat on our couch until two officers arrived. They saw a car leaving the neighborhood but that was it. One officer asked if she or I owned guns. When my wife said yes he responded "You should have armed yourself with a shotgun". I agree. Not sure why she flaked out and refused to look after her best interests. Sigh......Women.

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    About a month ago, I saw a shadow of a person on my deck around 2am. I just happen to glance outside to see the shadow walking away. Not sure if they saw me or what. It really made the situation real to me and I now know I'm not safe or immune from this stuff.

Needless to say, I now have my HQL and am waiting on my handgun to come in. Sad part is my parents still don't think this kind of stuff can happen and I don't even think they believed me when I told them the story. They say I don't need a gun, just call the police.....I'm not willing to put my life in the police's hands in a situation like that

Dec 31, 2012
    Well this doesn't count for the poll since it was outside of my home but last night someone stole a few bottles of beer from my back porch. It was leftovers from a 4th of July party during which only 3 people had a beer each. I know exactly what should be there and we're short by 5. Bastards even took some of the decorations. Rotten luck it was when my cameras were having problems. Likely the local hoodlums. Good parenting :sad20:

Dec 31, 2012
    Last night someone broke into my truck and some neighbor's cars. They took loose change, flashlights, owners manual(who knows why?), registration, but left my breakdown/get home kit. Lately we've had homeless people wheeling shopping carts down the alley and the usual assortment of freerange kids.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Last night someone broke into my truck and some neighbor's cars. They took loose change, flashlights, owners manual(who knows why?), registration, but left my breakdown/get home kit. Lately we've had homeless people wheeling shopping carts down the alley and the usual assortment of freerange kids.
    Sorry to hear it, man. How'd they get in?

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    My key fob must have a low battery. I just close the door, click it once and walk away. Time to stop by radio shack on the way home.
    Click it twice- hear the honk. :) Thays what I do. Sucks about the theives. Hopefully they will get their version of karma.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    My key fob must have a low battery. I just close the door, click it once and walk away. Time to stop by radio shack on the way home.

Ah. I'm learning about that myself. My fob is losing range.

It was probably a junkie or some dumb kids looking for something fast.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    Three times in my twenties. All by neighbors who knew my schedule. I caught one trying to Jimmie my back door while I was suppose to be at work... My experience has made me believe most burglaries are by people you know. I'm much more cautious of who I associate with and mix up my schedule among other things.

When I lived in CA we were borken into several times but what I am pretty certain was a frend of my. At the time I was around 12. They managed to get a few hundred worth of stuff each time. Since then I have only had 1 attempt at a break in and they broken our front door lock but my dog a tiny little thing that loved to bark scared them away.

Since then no one has broken in but since I moved in MD we have either lived on the 3rd floor had retired neibhors who are always home.

Thanks
    Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom