How many times have you been burglarized in your home?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How many times has your home been burglarized?

Votes: 137 65.9%

Votes: 40 19.2%

Votes: 22 10.6%

Votes: 4 1.9%
    • 4 or more

Votes: 5 2.4%

• Total voters

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Glen Burnie a few weeks ago, someone pooped door handles on cars and found my gf had left her trunk unlocked and grabbed her work laptop out of the back. The following night I left the rear door of my Xterra unlocked and sat in the dark looking out the window, 12 gauge on my lap. No bites unfortunately.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Voted 1, but really 2 (but the very first was a case of stupid where the car doors weren't locked and my wife's golf clubs ran away from home).

The "one" was about 6-7 years ago.

Youngest son's friends at the time were a bunch of scum. He wasn't living at home, but came by on occasion. Well, apparently one time, they found out how he would get in when he misplaced/forgot/unearned his key. So (and I'm 99% certain of this), the scummier of them decided to come in one day when no one was around.

It was obviously a 'subsistence' grab, as no valuables were taken and nothing significant was lifted. All that was missing was food and about 100 $1 bills I was saving in a jar.

Needless to say, the "loophole" was closed within the week, and he has not been heard from since.

Any future incursions will have a dog and/or lead poisoning to deal with.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    voted 3 but they never actually got into the house but we took in someone who had no other place to go once and $700 in cash and most of my wife's good jewelry disappeared. so much for helping others, even if you know them.

another time a sailor down the street went out to sea and his wife left him and left the kids at the house. they went on a stealing spree. i cought them steeling our cast iron lawn furniture and called the cops. the next night all our tires were slashed. the cops said one thing didnt have anything to do with the other. then the kids slashed some more peoples tires and the cops took them in and since the man was still out to sea they placed them in child protective custody.

one year we got a nice christmas bonus and we were pretty hard up so we spent it all on food and filled our freezer in our shed. the next day when i got home from work my shed door was busted and all the food was gone. the cops said i was trying to scam my insurance company so i had to place a call to the sheriff to get a report filled out. we ate lean for a month or so and never heard back from the cops on it so i am sure they didnt look very hard since they thought i was scamming the insurance company.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    Glen Burnie a few weeks ago, someone pooped door handles on cars and found my gf had left her trunk unlocked and grabbed her work laptop out of the back. The following night I left the rear door of my Xterra unlocked and sat in the dark looking out the window, 12 gauge on my lap. No bites unfortunately.

On a more serious note, This sounds strangely like the man that left his garage door open and shot the would be thieves. The bone of contention is that the man was lying in wait and almost seemed to bait the kid by leaving the door open even though it was ultimately the teens decision to enter the garage.

Eerily similar to what you suggest is the man who shot them had been reported as saying his intention was to do so prior to the incident just as you have done of sorts here.. Be CAREFUL. Your car or personal belongings are NOT worth a lifetime in prison. I am not suggesting you surrender your right to defend yourself or your property but, think things through and decide if its worth the risk of having to defend your actions to a courtroom.

IMHO take my truck,take my belongings inside. Be gone and enjoy them. My insurance will cover it. Whatever you do, don't enter my home because at that point the game changes A LOT.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/montana-man-charged-with-shooting-teen-in-his-garage/

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Twice for me. One was my wife's van that she had left unlocked and they had rummaged through it getting a little bit of change in the ashtray. The bigger concern was that they opened our garage with her remote opener. Nothing missing there, but that one made me a bit concerned. Began locking the door from the garage to our house since then.

The first one was about 5-6 years ago when my wife and I were at a Dave Matthews concert. Was going to work the next morning when I noticed my grass along the side of the house had a big streak in it. Went back to my shed and found both mine and my son's dirt bikes gone. Even had them cable locked together and they used my tree trimmers to cut the cable. We moved after that one.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    Kids broke into my house back in the early 90's. They were caught and turned out to be class mates of my daughter. They knew we were not home. Went to Juvenal Court and all three played the judge like a fiddle. The returned the junk they took, but none of the good stuff. They did make restitution and I had to fight the insurance company. The insurance company wanted to depreciate everything. I argued that they stole Chraftsman Tools and they had full replacement value. At my current residence someone walked into my open garage while I was cutting the grass and stole a rechargeable drill and a floor jack in a carrying case. On another occasion someone stole two gas bottles off my back patio.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Once.

Attempted to gain entry into my garage, while shooting my dogs. (no smiley could relay my rage)

Alarm/dogs scared robber(s) off. Both dogs survived.

dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    Had stuff taken from the yard twice. The first was a transmission for a motorhome that I just had overhauled, but hadn't installed yet. The second time was just a couple months ago, they stole 150 2X4s that I had for building my garage. I've now got cameras, so if it happens again, hopefully they will be on candid camera! Frustrating having to do this but I don't know what else to do.

Yellowhand

Jan 19, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    Twice in Glen Burnie...ground floor,Country Club Apartments, the creep lifted the sliding glass doors out of the frame. Doped up on PCP he was hiding in a closet when my wife, new child and I returned from the in-laws and went directly to bed only to be awakened 30 minutes later by a 6'6" goon, draped over my wife with her breast in his hand. I slugged him with my fist in the ear, he stood up and told us to lay down...as he turned to run I pulled my pistol and caught him at the front door attempting to escape and ordered him to the floor where I straddled him and put the gun to the back of his head and waited for the AACo police to arrive. That was 1978 and the dudes name was Hammersmith. Should have seen how nervous the cops were that I had the guy covered with my MarkII.
    Second was a town house in GB where the person broke in, stole my pistol...I reported a stolen gun and it was recovered and returned to me a week later.

bhtr

Feb 1, 2013
    Calvert County,
    No home break-ins. When we lived in PG Co. someone stole my brand new $400 push mower off my carport. It was pinned in between my house, chain link fence and the 18' Winner bass boat parked in the carport. The a__hole had to lift it either over the boat or over the fence twice to get it. I had only used the new mower two days for my lawn business. I had to get a new mower to replace the one some a__hole had just stolen out of my truck at a job a few zip codes over.

When I was a kid someone broke into my stepdads truck at a job in DC and stole most of his tools.

Even better. One day back in the '60s my mom's car was stolen in Suitland and used to rob a bank in Southern MD.

Tito

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2013
    Baltimore County
    1 time in College Park. I was out of town and the crook stoled my television, vcr, stereo system, jewelry, and movies. I had renters insurance, and received a check in a month.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    1 time in College Park. I was out of town and the crook stoled my television, vcr, stereo system, jewelry, and movies. I had renters insurance, and received a check in a month.

yes. thank God for insurance. When our house got robbed we were wiped out. 3 flat screen tvs, p3, xbox, pc, laptop, digital cameras, dvds, dyson vacuum. The only thing they missed was ALL my wife's jewelry and $400 cash in the sock drawer :lol2:

Our insurance company covered everything, they even cut us a check on the spot the same day in order to get the broken door fixed.

Here's the kicker. The neighbors two doors down were home and saw the whole thing from their porch. They said the kids jumped over the fence across two yards and ran the stuff across the street. They didnt call the cops bc they said we have a lot of family coming and going so they thought it was our family members :facepalm:

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    yes. thank God for insurance. When our house got robbed we were wiped out. 3 flat screen tvs, p3, xbox, pc, laptop, digital cameras, dvds, dyson vacuum. The only thing they missed was ALL my wife's jewelry and $400 cash in the sock drawer :lol2:

Our insurance company covered everything, they even cut us a check on the spot the same day in order to get the broken door fixed.

Here's the kicker. The neighbors two doors down were home and saw the whole thing from their porch. They said the kids jumped over the fence across two yards and ran the stuff across the street. They didnt call the cops bc they said we have a lot of family coming and going so they thought it was our family members :facepalm:

Idiots it was probably their kids that robbed you.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    They were foreign and totally clueless. They did give a description of the car which my wife said after the fact she had seen a few times before so they were probably casing us. It happened during the 30 minutes she goes every day to pick the kids up from school....

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    Lived in Catonsville and Morrell park most of my life. At both places had scrappers steal metal out of the yard the once in the 80's my moms friend was stopping by to visit in the afternoon and had to guy jump her and rob her feet from my house walking up my side walk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom