How many have applied in MD since Bruen Opinion?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Especially if you owe Maryland money!

I am wondering if any applicant has hit the MVA unpaid fee issue yet?
    That may apply for those who are residents of Maryland, not so much for Non-Residents.

Which makes me wonder how much they can check. Beyond NICS.

I know that with my Connecticut License to Carry, CT verified my Texas LTC as valid. How do I know that? Because Texas by law is suppose to report anyone who requests info on one’s Texas LTC. So Texas notified me when CT requested a status validity check on my Texas LTC.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    MVA unpaid fee issue? I don't owe the MVA but I'm curious as to what this is.
    MVA flags. Unpaid speed or red light camera tickets, unpaid traffic or parking citations.

MVA adds $30 for administrative costs above and beyond the actual unpaid fines.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Seriously blew my mind.

I wonder though… my app number is 22HGP0072XX

i started the app n May 2022. The only thing I didn’t submit was my fingerprints. Until today.

Maybe that has something to do with it?
    Don't know. Mine was 0036xxx and submitted it on the 29th of July after having started it about 10 days earlier. My fingerprints got submitted on the 28th and my qual paperwork on the 29th with my application submission. Still sitting as "---" for status. I was and am assuming I've got about a week or so to go before it moves to accepted. Did you apply as a handgun instructor? I wonder if that had as much to do with it.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Don't know. Mine was 0036xxx and submitted it on the 29th of July after having started it about 10 days earlier. My fingerprints got submitted on the 28th and my qual paperwork on the 29th with my application submission. Still sitting as "---" for status. I was and am assuming I've got about a week or so to go before it moves to accepted. Did you apply as a handgun instructor? I wonder if that had as much to do with it.

Yes It went in with my Maryland QHIC instructor number and certificate. So it’s possible, that could be the reason for the 10 min acceptance. Although I don’t know why it should.

I wonder how long it will take to get a NICs Check done and. NICs number. That will be the question and how long it takes to go to approval status.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Yes It went in with my Maryland QHIC instructor number and certificate. So it’s possible, that could be the reason for the 10 min acceptance. Although I don’t know why it should.

I wonder how long it will take to get a NICs Check done and. NICs number. That will be the question and how long it takes to go to approval status.
    If the current processing times hold, you'll have approval in ~21 days (14 to NICS and then another 7 to approval). The proccessing times have been eerily consistent lately. More data added after the below update, but all stayed true to form in terms of days post-acceptance.

https://www.mdshooters.com/threads/application-progress-tracking-thread.266788/page-71#post-6733963

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The only the reason MSP took their boot off our necks was 6 guys and gals in black robes ordered them to

I don’t feel particularly charitable towards these folks right now

I know, they were only following orders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    I am as well (app was accepted on 7/20). At the outset, I was expecting more of a 60-90 day approval timeline. MSP has definitely been doing their part.
    Good point about MSP. For whatever you think about them, they appear to be taking their duty seriously since Hogan canceled G&S.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    The only the reason MSP took their boot off our necks was 6 guys and gals in black robes

I don’t feel particularly charitable towards these folks right now

I know, they were only following orders
    What are you saying? It's not like they wear brown shirts...oh wait...

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I got the email today that mine had been accepted. A little over a week from submission to accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom