How do you really feel about Continental Arms in Timonium?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you satisfied with the service at Continental Arms in Timonium?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

LadySmith

This Poll is for data gathering purposes and the results will be provided to the owners of Continental Arms.

Please vote honestly and only once. :)

I'm satisfied and have not had a problem
    They are a Bit Rough but that's par for the course at Gun Shops & Ranges
    I heard on the internet they suck so No Thanks
    I had a shitty experience there and I'm taking my cash elsewhere
    I missed out on voting, unfortunately. I was previously under the impression that if you wanted to shoot at an indoor range in MD you should expect to be treated like shit. So I put up with the jerks at Continental for that reason (Zack and Lauren are exceptions). None the less, I'm happy to hear that some of the jerks at Continental have had personality transplants...it's a little too late for me though. I'm not going back. FreeState rocks!

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    The other ranges are not exempt from unendearing personalities. Try being ready (there) for an advertised shoot more than 1 hour ahead of time, the first one there for it and asked to be put on the list, then being ignored at signup time for shoot (i.e. not shooting) as he signed up what was the apparently 'the clique'. Flat out beyond rude. No one else working there was a problem, quite the opposite they were very friendly and accomodating for range time.

Will I boycott the range, no. Do I place lessened credibility with the match organizer/RO, yes. Will I go out of my way to attend their events or recommend them, no, not without a 'shoot' personnel change. But i will use their range to shoot as need and opportunity present and those friendly and courteous remain so, yes.

If i was located equally between them and Continental, I would chose Continental Arms because we know each other, they will chat and converse and I haven't had any negative issues with them.

mlance238

Mar 30, 2011
    Have you heard if the renovation will affect operating hours? Thinking about going this Thursday.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    ""Flat out beyond rude"...then why go back? Eff them."

Why not go back for the other positive aspects of the enterprise? Point being, it is true a negative experience can lead to lost customers and one that tells everyone what miserable people work at a place. But it can also be one aspect of the enterprise, and not typical of all that work there.

If I went by what happened to me at this particular place, what is being posted in this thread about Continental Arms, I would have considerable travel to an indoor range, only to find a reason at that new location that might alienate me.

Typically all that is required is to say something in a constructive manner and the problem can be expediently resolved.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    ""Flat out beyond rude"...then why go back? Eff them."

Why not go back for the other positive aspects of the enterprise? Point being, it is true a negative experience can lead to lost customers and one that tells everyone what miserable people work at a place. But it can also be one aspect of the enterprise, and not typical of all that work there.

If I went by what happened to me at this particular place, what is being posted in this thread about Continental Arms, I would have considerable travel to an indoor range, only to find a reason at that new location that might alienate me.

Typically all that is required is to say something in a constructive manner and the problem can be expediently resolved.

You make some good points, but I won't accept rude behavior just to travel a few miles less. For a time I traveled 35 miles to Hap Baker, instead of 1/3 of that to go to a place to be treated poorly. Now that Freestate is open...problem solved. I have yet to find anyone there who "might alienate me".

Chase

Dec 28, 2007
    Continental will have a new showroom, lots and lots of new merchandise including expanded selection of long guns, clothes, tactical gear, etc., new classroom space and a lounge for members. There will also be expanded repair services and area, and possibly Class 2 activities. The entrance will around the side of the building at the red doors before you make the turn down that narrow drive on the north side.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Continental will have a new showroom, lots and lots of new merchandise including expanded selection of long guns, clothes, tactical gear, etc., new classroom space and a lounge for members. There will also be expanded repair services and area, and possibly Class 2 activities. The entrance will around the side of the building at the red doors before you make the turn down that narrow drive on the north side.

Cool.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Has any of their staff ever posted in this thread to defend their store? Do they even know this forum exists?

Yes and Yes...current and old employee's...and several members indicate that they've spoken about the site in the store and some say they've been "snuffed" after mentioning this site.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    freestate, where customers are treated like friends:thumbsup:

take the freestate challenge, go to CA hang out and shoot, then do the same at freestate. see for yourself which has the better atmosphere and facilities.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Yes and Yes...current and old employee's...and several members indicate that they've spoken about the site in the store and some say they've been "snuffed" after mentioning this site.

Interesting. I mean from what I hear their prices are really good, but they treat most people like thugs. Bad idea when dealing with firearms.

cantonglocker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 27, 2011
    Pasadena
    freestate, where customers are treated like friends:thumbsup:

take the freestate challenge, go to CA hang out and shoot, then do the same at freestate. see for yourself which has the better atmosphere and facilities.

Just had my first shoot at Freestate. Continental just lost all of my business. Can't say enough good things about Freestate.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads