How do you really feel about Continental Arms in Timonium?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you satisfied with the service at Continental Arms in Timonium?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    ... back on topic ...

I've only dealt with Chad and the owner on a few purchases and haven't had a problem. Never shot there, never seen anyone disrespected, I'd recommend it. It's quite a drive for me so I don't get there often, but it's been a pleasant experience the few times I've made it up there.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Went to Freestate and it was nice. I was the only one there. It will be great when it is finished. But right now I still prefer Continental. More rentals, more ammo choices, etc.

Never had a problem there.

One thought: Freestate seems to be trying to be a club as opposed to a range. The Deli, the showers, the pool table..... I hope all that doesn't end up detracting from it's primary function.

DeadIDik

Habitual Line Stepper!
    Aug 11, 2008
    Monkton - Kurt Wala 1952-2009
    Went to Freestate and it was nice. I was the only one there. It will be great when it is finished. But right now I still prefer Continental. More rentals, more ammo choices, etc.

Never had a problem there.

One thought: Freestate seems to be trying to be a club as opposed to a range. The Deli, the showers, the pool table..... I hope all that doesn't end up detracting from it's primary function.
    Food and something other than shooting to do is a great idea if you have room. Ever walk into a gun shop and see 2 people looking at guns and 5 guys standing around bs,ing? Not sure about the showers though. :innocent0

Last edited:

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    LMAO, why on earth would you need showers at a range..!!
    Unless there's some hot girls willing to scrub my back after a hard 30 minutes of shooting I don't see the benefit LOL

No showers at Continental sad to say, although they REALLY need some air conditioning there, damn it's hot.

Still always a great time and freindly people whenever I go, which is at least once a week, maybe twice.

Considering I'm still a fairly new member there, I'm greeted on a first name basis before I've even finished walking through the door.
    Even if they are dealing with another customer, somebody will look up at me, and greet me by name...

That my friends, is customer service.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    LMAO, why on earth would you need showers at a range..!!
    Unless there's some hot girls willing to scrub my back after a hard 30 minutes of shooting I don't see the benefit LOL

That my friends, is customer service.

I believe it was at clandestine's request that they put the showers in...something to do with the photo below...
    1238025848994[1].jpg

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Can someone explain to me why FreeState "trying to be a club" and having showers are problems? While you're there, no one will insist you do anything other than treat people decently, not make a nuisance of yourself and not leave a mess. You're perfectly free to not use the pool table, showers, snack bar, or any other part of the facility. If there's something you don't like, feel free to mention it in a polite way to the staff, and they'll do their best to help or at least explain why they have it or do it that way. Just don't be surprised or upset if or when they don't immediately turn themselves inside out to accommodate you. You're also perfectly free to leave (pay up first if you owe money), and of course, never going there in the first place is always an option too.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    Dude....If the shoe fits.

If they treated you like shit then screw em .... I'm talking about the trolls that do nothing but bash them and say shit like 'They are not an industry partner so they suck" The guys that I see have not stepped a foot in the place so in my opinion they don't matter and they are just trolls.

I'm talking about the "Industry Partner" Arguement

i've been there several times and spend well over 1k there in 2008. i'm the one who said they are not an industry partner so f em.

i am not a troll and i have stepped foot in there many times and never saw you standing there at the door like a walmart greeter taking names of everyone who goes in.

its like one day you woke up with pissy cornflakes and decided to fly the flag of continental on here like you own the place:confused:

one of the three members you mention, is the guy who told me i'd be arrested for having a loaded mag without a ccw....

you ask how people really feel and then get pissed at em.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    i've been there several times and spend well over 1k there in 2008. i'm the one who said they are not an industry partner so f em.

i am not a troll and i have stepped foot in there many times and never saw you standing there at the door like a walmart greeter taking names of everyone who goes in.

its like one day you woke up with pissy cornflakes and decided to fly the flag of continental on here like you own the place:confused:

one of the three members you mention, is the guy who told me i'd be arrested for having a loaded mag without a ccw....

you ask how people really feel and then get pissed at em.

Wow...

So either Chad(Jeep Driver). Andy or Gibby was the one that told you that loaded mags were illegal? Now you're just making shit up. :lol:

I don't eat Cornflakes....... :innocent0

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    Wow...

So either Chad(Jeep Driver). Andy or Gibby was the one that told you that loaded mags were illegal? Now you're just making shit up. :lol:

I don't eat Cornflakes....... :innocent0

yes is was and out of respect i never outed that person because they learned they were wrong and changed their ways. they know who they are and you could probably guess which one of the three if you really tried.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Well since Chad's Son was born he doesn't work there anymore so I would say it wasn't Chad.

Andy is at bootcamp and Gibby is the only one that currently works part time there.

All three of these guys are top notch so it's not important and I'm glad you cleared the issue with whoever it was. So the problems that you had were related to the loaded magazine policy and someone telling you that it's illegal and you would be arrested without a CCW? That's crazy :sad20:

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Well since Chad's Son was born he doesn't work there anymore so I would say it wasn't Chad.

Andy is at bootcamp and Gibby is the only one that currently works part time there.

All three of these guys are top notch so it's not important and I'm glad you cleared the issue with whoever it was. So the problems that you had were related to the loaded magazine policy and someone telling you that it's illegal and you would be arrested without a CCW? That's crazy :sad20:

I have to say if some one feed me such a line of B.S. I would have a problem too. Their is enuff crap in this industy with out people making up shit to enforce store policy.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Damn.. well I guess after 3 or more years it doesn't really matter who said it. I know that all 3 of the guys you're talking about are great people and have done many favors for people on this Forum.

I guess it's good we all have choices and if you feel you were screwed then you certainly have the right to go elsewhere and bash them on the internet every chance you get.

I'll let it go since I have no affiliation with Continental .... I have friends that work there and they have always treated me well. PERIOD.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I'd expect to be treated well at a friends place of work as well.

The issue are the new guys coming in who arent friends of people who work there.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    The FACT is that Continental Arms has contributed to MD Shooters Events in the Past. I specifically remember them donating a CASE of .223 ammunition 3 years ago at the Frost Bite shoot at DelMarva for a Door Prize.

Some of you guys have not been around long enough to remember so why not just shut your Pie holes about the ********.

Maybe Don or Spot can chime in and at least validate that Continental has in the past contributed.

And I hardly think this thread is FREE Advertising...what a Joke :sad20:

It's been a few years, so forgive my memory.

I think that donation was more Jeepdriver's doing than the owner's of Continental. I could very well be wrong of course, but Jeep was our main man there so after a few years my memory simply recalls interacting with him regarding the quite generous donation.

My apologies to CA's owners if I'm wrong.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    O
    It's been a few years, so forgive my memory.

I think that donation was more Jeepdriver's doing than the owner's of Continental. I could very well be wrong of course, but Jeep was our main man there so after a few years my memory simply recalls interacting with him regarding the quite generous donation.

My apologies to CA's owners if I'm wrong.

You are correct. The owners were not involved.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Chad ,

I had no idea you bought a Case of ammo and donated it ....wow sorry dude.

Ok I was mistaken....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom