MDS Supporter
    A pretty good indication...:brows:

Attachments

• BlackHawkDown1.jpg
      BlackHawkDown1.jpg
      38.6 KB · Views: 157

F8L_Funnel

Jan 28, 2013
    I got hit on the top of my eye socket, right at the bottom of the brow, with a .30-06 ricochet. I knew it immediately because it felt like someone hit me in the face with a rock. I guess a lack of adrenaline that would be present in an active shooter situation. The bullet had already traveled down range at least 50 yards and I was behind the firing line. Bled a bunch, had a heck of a headache later, but no penetration besides breaking the skin.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Chances are, you won't hear the shot. If the round is close, you might hear a pop(from sonic boom coming off the actual round as it passes you). Further away from you, it's said to sound like a buzz going by. If you hear things slapping against your surroundings, hit the deck and crawl for cover(and I do mean cover). I am not being a smart-ass.

SlowShooter

SeaWaves not TigerStripes
    Dec 28, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    I got hit on the top of my eye socket, right at the bottom of the brow, with a .30-06 ricochet. I knew it immediately because it felt like someone hit me in the face with a rock. I guess a lack of adrenaline that would be present in an active shooter situation. The bullet had already traveled down range at least 50 yards and I was behind the firing line. Bled a bunch, had a heck of a headache later, but no penetration besides breaking the skin.

Sounds like you are a young man with very responsive nerve system. I bet at the doctor's office, when the guy hit your knee with a test hammer, you will send him over to China.

SlowShooter

Dec 28, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Chances are, you won't hear the shot. If the round is close, you might hear a pop(from sonic boom coming off the actual round as it passes you). Further away from you, it's said to sound like a buzz going by. If you hear things slapping against your surroundings, hit the deck and crawl for cover(and I do mean cover). I am not being a smart-ass.

zzzzzzzsssshhhhhhhh pop

means it's close

This must be a suppressed shot.

SlowShooter

Dec 28, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD

Good guess. but this indicated that you never be near battle fields or front lines.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    So, Slow Shooter...you ask then you tell. Little disingenuous for my money.

Let me know when you hear your own zip/buzz/pop close aboard.

Until then, I suggest you listen more than you disagree/correct folks once you've asked.

Humility and open mind are how one learns.

SlowShooter

Dec 28, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Don't be mad Nnztg8r. Of course I know 1 or 2 about being shot at growing up in the hell hole called Vietnam. I just want to know how many of you out there think like a deer some time.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I got shot with rock salt when I was a kid. I was just standing there.....minding my own business......

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Not so much mad as disappointed by folks who ask a question then disagree with folks who post...

This is a persistent issue.

Folks ask Clandestine for AR advice then don't like/disagree with his advice. I don't get it.

If you grew up in VN, then you just might have been witness to some shooting close aboard.

The particular subject is unique in that there's academic knowledge and first hand knowledge and...opinionated charlatans who've never been closer than the movies.

When you experienced it firsthand, you do not forget. It's kind of etched in your brain. If it's an expected outcome given your circumstances, then your perception is one way. If you aren't expecting it, then you'll feel wholly different.

It's not something I want to happen to me ever again. I won't forget it. Mine was wrong place, wrong time. A couple of times... Fortunately for me, no hits, no runs, no errors/ blood.

Mad? Nah. Not this time. Rarely any more. Just frustrated with experts who are, occasionally, not. Sometimes, it's not about whether they know but instead, how they go about revealing that they know. Better still, how they go about drawing folks out and then disagreeing with them..

Maybe I just need a self imposed time out... Be well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom