• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    I hope things go in our favor but in the recent events of disarming police while on school property. I'm pretty sure that those in Annapolis really don't care what civilians want when it comes to firearms.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Just a thought before the hearings begin...

We see that, in all the bills that are in play, there is very little out there that is negative. We had a similar situation last year, but there is a difference.

Last year was a test, to see what our depth was like. We held tight, and came away with a draw, only one year after FSA13.

This year, I feel they know we're here to stay and have "deep depth", and determination.

The focus this year shouldn't be "what are we going to lose", mainly because there's little out there they're after. We are well-positioned to make gains, piggybacking on successes in the courts, and our continued presence in Annapolis.

Staying positive is important. Facts will matter most of all. Stay firm, stay respectful, make your points with determination.

I wish I could be there with you for testimony, but I have every confidence that we'll show well and make headway.

Thanks to all. Give'em what-for.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes it would.

The Balt School PD Bill was done in by dissention within the Baltimore delegation itself, and is not necessarily a reflection on the Committee , or the House at large. What IS interesting is having a difference of opinions on a high profile bill (for them) within the Balt delegation, in light of their historical lockstep cohesion.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Does anyone know who will be the experts testifying for any of the bills? Will we have support from the state police? Who will be in attendance to represent the state police for any of these bills?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Last year, Mike Smiegel's staff helped to organize the pro-2A testimony. Is help needed this year?

I'll be there to testify, but I can get there earlier if needed.

No help needed at this time, the NRA staff have graciously covered it all.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Has anyone figured out if HB0464 is going to adversely affect those of us that are Utah nonresident permit holders?

As written, yes, we have it on good authority from the Delegate that she is submitting a committee amendment to take care of that issue. Same thing with the Senate bill.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Does anyone know who will be the experts testifying for any of the bills? Will we have support from the state police? Who will be in attendance to represent the state police for any of these bills?

Not all bills will have "panels" and the State Police have not submitted a position on every bill. If they step up to speak, it will be their legislative liaison, Cat. Tom Williams.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Something else to remember and, in my opinion, is the next step in our evolution.

These bills are still in play in committee unto and until the committee holds a vote. What does this mean?

It means that we do not stop talking to the committee members on these bills after the hearing date. If anything else, we work on visiting them in person to highlight points that have been presented in the hearings.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Looking forward to dropping elbows of truth tomorrow and lookin' good doing it ;)
    Got my suit and tie squared away.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Not all bills will have "panels" and the State Police have not submitted a position on every bill. If they step up to speak, it will be their legislative liaison, Cat. Tom Williams.

Do you have any idea that the SP will speak on any bill?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Just a thought before the hearings begin... We see that, in all the bills that are in play, there is very little out there that is negative. We had a similar situation last year, but there is a difference. Last year was a test, to see what our depth was like. We held tight, and came away with a draw, only one year after FSA13. This year, I feel they know we're here to stay and have "deep depth", and determination. The focus this year shouldn't be "what are we going to lose", mainly because there's little out there they're after. We are well-positioned to make gains, piggybacking on successes in the courts, and our continued presence in Annapolis. Staying positive is important. Facts will matter most of all. Stay firm, stay respectful, make your points with determination. I wish I could be there with you for testimony, but I have every confidence that we'll show well and make headway. Thanks to all. Give'em what-for.

Nice pep talk. Last year it was pretty split - good vs. bad bills. Good to see there's a tilt this year indeed.

Come on down if'n you can, better late than never. This goes for everyone here on MDS. If'n you're in range of Annapolis, at least come by the HJC. We need to fill the seats again!

Hope Rack&Roll is coming to provide blow by blow narration again :)

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Nice pep talk. Last year it was pretty split - good vs. bad bills. Good to see there's a tilt this year indeed.

Come on down if'n you can, better late than never. This goes for everyone here on MDS. If'n you're in range of Annapolis, at least come by the HJC. We need to fill the seats again!

Hope Rack&Roll is coming to provide blow by blow narration again :)

Only if he narrates it like a Spanish futbol commentator ;)

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Should I get my 5.11 s cleaned and pressed? Nah.. :)

Its going to be off the cuff for me. Work project is listing in heavy seas ;( m. hope you all do so well I get to do me too..and call it a day...

I am counting on you...and I know that you can do..so thanks a bunch in advance..

See you there..

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    You got it.

For anyone attending today; unless they changed something, the wifi login info should be

user: guest
    pw: mdga

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom