• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Does anyone know how to obtain the counts of the witnesses against, and in support of SB281 (FSA2013) when it was being heard in committee? It is my understanding that those records should be public, however I am having trouble locating online. Closest I have come is
    http://www.lawlib.state.md.us/researchtools/guides/ghosthunting.html
    I would like to bring up in my testimony for HB306 the numbers of witnesses against FSA2013, versus for it. Which was a ratio like 99-1. Real numbers was like 4100-176 or something like that. But of course I would like to use the actual numbers.

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    This information was requested to be read into the record by a very pro 2A representative, dark hair, when sitting in the gallery he was close to the gallery seats on the right hand side ( house right ). He was very active all night for us.

I do not remember his name - I think it was after 11:00pm, things were starting to get a little fuzzy around then. But if someone knows, I am sure his office would be a great source for the data.

I was in the last group / table to speak, so it was well after the final call to bring everyone over to the chamber.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    The delegate sounds like Mike Smigiel, and that's where he sat on the committee. You might try to PM MDS user andimorony,she was his chief of staff and can likely steer you to a source for the numbers. As I recall it was something like 1307 to 32, my memory could be a bit fuzzy on that. I was #149, so I had my say and left early and didn't hear of the final totals.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    This information was requested to be read into the record by a very pro 2A representative, dark hair, when sitting in the gallery he was close to the gallery seats on the right hand side ( house right ). He was very active all night for us.

I do not remember his name - I think it was after 11:00pm, things were starting to get a little fuzzy around then. But if someone knows, I am sure his office would be a great source for the data.

I was in the last group / table to speak, so it was well after the final call to bring everyone over to the chamber.

The delegate sounds like Mike Smigiel, and that's where he sat on the committee. You might try to PM MDS user andimorony,she was his chief of staff and can likely steer you to a source for the numbers. As I recall it was something like 1307 to 32, my memory could be a bit fuzzy on that. I was #149, so I had my say and left early and didn't hear of the final totals.

Thank you for reminding me. I can go to the session tapes, it should be there. Still time to find before Tuesday. Will report back if I find the exact numbers.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Sent mine off to the NRA-ILA at marylandtestimony@nrahq.org last week. As one of the print/copy/sort drones doing this task last year in Mike Smiegel's office, I am most sincerely grateful to them for taking up the burden.

Last year, Mike Smiegel's staff helped to organize the pro-2A testimony. Is help needed this year?

I'll be there to testify, but I can get there earlier if needed.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    How many copies of testamonies are needed for HJC ? For that matter SJPC ?

I know I'm behind the curve, but just got a replacement printer this weekend.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    OK, I'm mildly chastised for not checking whole thread, but I wanted to dive right into working up testimonies, and prioritizing my thousand sheets of paper.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    OK, I'm mildly chastised for not checking whole thread, but I wanted to dive right into working up testimonies, and prioritizing my thousand sheets of paper.

no need as that wasn't in this thread . I gave credit to who posted the answer :D

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    For HB160, cable locks are not considered integrated, right?

Also, handguns made on or before December 31st, 2002 do not require an integrated lock to be sold here currrently, right?

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    For HB160, cable locks are not considered integrated, right?

Also, handguns made on or before December 31st, 2002 do not require an integrated lock to be sold here currrently, right?

The terminology used in the statute is internal mechanical safety device.
    99% of the time that means a chamber lock. The bullet looking thing you shove down the barrel. The thing you walk out of the gun store with and throw it in the back of the closet never to be seen again.
    The other 1%, the rare Ruger, or Taurus revolver which has a key hidden under the handgrip.

A cable lock is considered an external lock, and that too is on the Maryland Statues. So, yes, redundant, which is why the proposed bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom