• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

I'll add this video demonstration of what you're talking about with penetration. Also, how about a comparison of a .223 compared to a .45 in terminal effects...

rml33

May 14, 2011
    Edgewater
    Knowledge is power. Once they understand, most logical people see the truth. The libtards on the other hand are a lost cause. Everything is pure emotion. Good job

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Silencers

Is again another misleading Hollywood term. These should really be called sound suppressors. Al it is is a device that attaches to the muzzle of a firearm or built in/ integral with the firearms barrel that reduces the report or noise of a gun.

It does not completely eliminate the sound of the gun. It just lessens it to more tolerable levels. Rifles will produce a report of about 150-180 decibels. The most effective rifle suppressors can reduce the sound about 35 decibels. At a suppressed mode. Rifles will still make a loud sound. It is not silent.

Another area that is hard to mitigate in terms of sound suppression is the loud sonic boom or crack that a supersonic bullet in flight makes. A suppressor can be very efficient but the gunshot is still loud due to the sonic crack produced by the high velocities that rifle rounds attain. So do not believe the movies. This is another lie. Suppressors are good because they reduce noise. It makes it safer for the user to engage in the shooting sport without sustaining hearing damage. Limits noise pollution. It increases the accuracy and reliability of the host weapon. It is nothing but a muffler for your gun. Same principle involved. It does not change the function of the firearm. Does not make it more lethal compared to non suppressed weapons. As an FYI. Suppressors are sold over the counter in many countries in Europe. No regulations. Even in the UK.

In the US. Suppressors are highly regulated with the same requirements as machine-guns to own legally. But they are legal in many states. The BATFE regulates the sales and transfer of these devices. Extensive background checks are required to own one.

People who have these devices are the most law abiding citizens in the country. They need to be. For that is the requirement to nfa ownership. Guys who have nfa items have been certified by multiple law enforcement agencies to be good guys. They follow the law to the letter. For violation carry very steep penalties.

Last edited:

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    I also use the PS90 as an HD gun. I like the carbine version as compared to the SBR variant due to the long barrel. The longer barrel accelerates the 5.8 mm projectile to similar velocities of a 5.56 in SBR format. But without the blast and concussion. Recoil is also very light, allowing quick and accurate follow up shots. The compact size also makes it maneuverable and easier to use. In weaver or isosceles stance. My ps90 sbr sticks out less than my glock17.

Agreed on all counts! These are perfect with the 40grain Vmax round.

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    Why do I need high capacity mag?

Because most bad guys will not be stopped with single or a couple of hits unless you hit them in a vital organ right away. Most bad guys will sustain multiple hits before going down. Especially when delivered from pistols. How many rounds did the Miami bath salt zombie take before he stopped?

Larger caliber firearms are also more effective but are generally harder to shoot. Smaller caliber weapons like the 9mm or 556 carbines offer reduced recoil and ease of use at the expense of less efficacy when stopping fights. This is why quantity is substituted for quality. In addition. Firepower gives the defender an advantage. This has nothing to with hunting or sport shooting. It is about survival and defending life or limb. High cap magazines allows a defender to lay down suppressive fire. This allows for movement. In a fight. If you are not shooting or reloading, You should be moving or taking cover. not moving that increases your chances of being dead.

I'll add this; in a gun-fight, you'll never KNOW how many rounds of ammo you need until it's over. If you use a firearm for self defense, that weapon becomes a fancy club when it's empty.

What's the old saying, it's better to have and not need than need and not have.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Today. I saw him again and wants to know how to go about buying an AR15. Glad to see that he now sees the light and hopefully supports us in our struggle to protect our 2A rights.

day one the guy is a lib and day two he wants to buy a firearm? if you're not in sales currently, appears you are missing your calling.

thanks for converting one over to the good side!

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    What I do not understand is why libtards can get away with judging the book by it's cover. So called assault weapons are targeted for prohibition due to appearing like their fully automatic machine-gun counterparts.

If we apply that way of thinking across the board. Then 75 percent of young men in Prince Georges county and Baltimore should be jailed for dressing up like gang- bangers. That logic is flawed but when applied to 2A and weapons. It is acceptable to a lot of people.

Ignorance sparks fear. Politicians use fear tactics to spread mis-information to promote an agenda. As gun owners and supporters of the second amendment. It is our duty to educate people about issues that will affect all of us.

We are also the the last folks that want to see firearms used in an illegal or unsafe manner.

Sociopaths abound in any society. School shootings happen as it terrorizes everyone to the core. It is not a coincidence that all these mass shootings occur in gun free zones. Soft targets are favored by cowards.

My rifle allows me to be independent. It provides an effective means of protection from criminals. It is a tool of freedom. Legally owning one is tangible proof that one is indeed free.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I have a liberal neighbor that claims that he supports 2a but thinks no one needs an assault weapon such as an AR15 for home defense. I asked him if his basis for this thinking. Does he have any kind of knowledge on the subject aside from what is being forced fed into him by the biased and mis informed media and he could not really give me an answer.
    I Did tell him that I use an AR rifle for home protection out of consideration for his safety. My rifle fires a small caliber high velocity hollow point round that is designed to penetrate less and stop threats with the minimal am out of shots fired. It is also more accurate than my pistol or shotgun. I can deliver surgical shot placements with it and limit the amount of over penetration and additional shots required to stop a fight.

I also told him that for home defense, I did not spare any expense but use only the most effective hollow points money can buy. These are not cop killer bullets and are designed for effectiveness as to transfer more energy onto the intended target .I do this because I do care about the safety of other people. I have put a lot a thought into what works best for my situation. A short compact rifle that delivers superior ballistics, limits penetration and delivers accuracy is the safest choice. An AR rifle fits that requirement. Using a pistol such as a 45 or 357 magnum will result in over penetration and more shots fired to stop fights. A shotgun with buckshots will also fare the same. Rifles are almost impossible to conceal and is not the favored weapon of criminals. This is why the last AWB did not have measurable effects in the 10 years it was in place. I think I got him thinking. He googles everything anyways. Today. I saw him again and wants to know how to go about buying an AR15. Glad to see that he now sees the light and hopefully supports us in our struggle to protect our 2A rights.
    Now to really convert him you should bring him down here to play with some toys. I have the posters and materials for basic handgun and rifle/shotgun. There is no 1sec rule and maybe Epps could come by as well.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    My AR is a semi automatic rifle. That means it can only fire one round for every pull of the trigger. No more than a single shot for each trigger pull. The liberal media always misrepresents it by showing an M16 rifle from stock footages when depicting a s emi automatic rifle. Automatic rifles are in fact machine-guns. These are already illegal to own for most people. Highly regulated and taxed. Also extremely expensive. One can not simply go into a gunstore or gunshop to purchase a machine-gun over the counter with no questions asked or paperwork. Restrictions on these are already on federal level and have been in place since the 1934 nfa was made into law.

I was ready to believe you till you said you have a Semi Automatic!!! Great points yesterday I snuck into the Bowie Town Hall meeting and made the modular features of MODERN SPORTING FIREARMS are much like the safety features of modern automobiles compared to older automobiles. Shorter people used to need telephone books to sit on now we have adjustable seats in cars and stocks on firearms. The modular grip systems allow for better control and safer operation just like radial tires on modern cars. Modern firearms have multiple safety features (drop,firing pin,grip and manual)where older ones might have just a trigger block. Rail systems also allow lights and lasers to be mounted so when you here that bump in the night you can determine if it is an actual threat to your family or one of your teenagers sneaking in like the police officer that killed his son last year much like anti lock brakes allow you to stop in time instead of running over a child who darts into the road. I also make the point that these modular features allow Modern Firearms to be Handicap Adapted. I point out how the various grip systems enable shooters with fused wrists and prosthetics to safely operate them. How threaded barrels allow muzzle brakes that mitigate recoil allowing those in wheelchairs and others to safely operate them. Also to all of those who can't discuss firearms without calling them WEAPONS STFU!!! I heard a man refer to the shotguns he and his wife use for clays as WEAPONS and I wanted to scream. Clays guns are no more a WEAPON than a bowling ball or softball bat. Sporting Firearms are just that. They are for sport and can have secondary uses like a bowling ball or bat.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Now to really convert him you should bring him down here to play with some toys. I have the posters and materials for basic handgun and rifle/shotgun. There is no 1sec rule and maybe Epps could come by as well.

The one second rule now applies everywhere due to the rarity and prohibitively high cost of ammunition.

Ammo is so expensive that I will no longer give the courtesy of warning shots.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Hvymax. Yup. Semi-automatic only

I also have real selective fire assault rifles. But they sit in a secured safe. Collecting dust. Exotic as they may be. They do not serve as defensive weapons for me. When shtf. It takes to much time to get to them. Nice range toys or conversation pieces. But they are not go to tools that I will rely on when things get CF.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Thanks for the lesson SCAR! I read the whole thread, very informative! I have told my better half what upsets me the most is the misinformation being fed to the public. Unfortunately, most of the anti's actually believe gun control will stop crime. I try to take that into cosideration when talking to them. They aren't usually bad people or idiots for that matter. I have found a great deal to be intelligent but not interested in shooting and all the info they have is from Hollywood or the media. Usually a soft approach with some info helps in the debate. I will be there on the 6th!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom