• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Thank you so much for indulging me! I really wanted to see the Lithuanian HP, easily worth a much more common arty Luger. That is an amazing example that I've only ever seen in reference books.
    I've been on the hunt for an occupation HP but haven't struck gold yet. Soon!

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Nice BHPs!

Somewhat of a shameless plug, but I'm currently trying to sell one of my Inglis Chinese Contract guns if anyone's looking.

Attachments

• DSC_1284.jpg
      DSC_1284.jpg
      53.4 KB · Views: 149
    Jul 1, 2012
    WaA613 part deux

Thanks to a tip from Brother Mawkie ( :) ), another early HP found a new home. It has the tangent sights, no stock slot, and is marked with WaA613 waffenamts. Has some finish wear/light pitting and the slide is a little loose but overall not bad.

Last edited:

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Thanks for the shout out! If I couldn't get it I'm glad you did. And you have another nice pre war Belgian HP coming! Counting the Colt 1905 you have been on a serious roll recently. Lots to see before the month is out. Can't wait!

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    Very impressive, thanks for the pictorial! I'm going to have to get into the Hi Power market soon. I've waited too long, and prices are getting pretty high...

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    Very impressive, thanks for the pictorial! I'm going to have to get into the Hi Power market soon. I've waited too long, and prices are getting pretty high...

No, really...they're great....OMFG STAY AWAY...RUN WHILE YOU CAN...Hi-Power's are a dangerous game....once you start you can't stop. BELIEVE ME...*sniffle* *tear* I CAN STOP BUYING THEM!!!! I CAN!!! WHY DO YOU THINK I CAN'T *SOB* *CRY*

Jul 1, 2012
    Thanks for the shout out! If I couldn't get it I'm glad you did. And you have another nice pre war Belgian HP coming! Counting the Colt 1905 you have been on a serious roll recently. Lots to see before the month is out. Can't wait!

The Colt 1905 was a bust. Cracked slide, and probably an old refurb, which was a real bummer. It's headed back. It could be repaired but would wind up turning into a full resto at several grand. And it would still be a restored one, not original.

The pre-war Belgian should be here in a few days.

No, really...they're great....OMFG STAY AWAY...RUN WHILE YOU CAN...Hi-Power's are a dangerous game....once you start you can't stop. BELIEVE ME...*sniffle* *tear* I CAN STOP BUYING THEM!!!! I CAN!!! WHY DO YOU THINK I CAN'T *SOB* *CRY*

Sigh... I've just accepted that I can't control myself... it's easier that way.

Attachments

• DSCN6873.JPG
      DSCN6873.JPG
      56.6 KB · Views: 77
    Jul 1, 2012
    Yeah, I don't know where he finds them, but JaketheDog gets some REALLY nice guns.....not just a couple , but ALOT.....

I've talked to him several times about that; he has a huge backlog of consignments - very few if any are from his personal collection. From a seller's perspective he's built a great reputation for getting top dollar on his auctions, so people from all over the country clamor to have him sell their guns. From a buyer's view, he takes great photos and does the research, and is a very honest guy with no BS so he gets the customers. It makes it challenging to win one of his auctions though, you just have to suck it up and go big if you really want something :)

He's real picky about what he'll take on consignment so he typically only lists high quality stuff.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Plus I think "Jack" the mascot is a wire haired fox terrier. So I know he has excellent taste!
    Bummer about the 1905. Have had that familiar sinking feeling more than I care to admit. Glad that it can go back. How the hell did Jackson Armory miss that? Embarrassing for them.

Jul 1, 2012
    The 1905 was a consignment gun but yeah, should have caught it. Any 1905 should be examined carefully in the slide lock area... all the old Colt semi's need to be checked for a cracked brass firing pin too.

Bright side is, more Hi Powers on the way instead ...
    must ... have ... more ... hi powers ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom