Holy Cow!!!! Just got the email. My MD concealed carry application was just approved!!! IN JUST 25 DAYS!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    200.gif

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Congratulations, OP! Obviously someone at MSP in Pikesville is going to be disciplined .

snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    Like the OP, I also submitted my app on 6/23. And I too just received an email stating my app "...has been given a final dispositon." I went into the portal and clicked on the "dashboard". Clicked on the blue "Print application to review restrictions" button. ....and there it was: Approved - no restrictions.

25 days...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Yep. Happily married for about 20 years, been at the same job for just over 15. Never arrested, can't remember the last time I had a moving violation -at least 20 years ago. You get the idea.
    Great. I figured they’d at LEAST call a spouse. Thanks for sharing. Congrats on the shiny new permit.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Well, congratulations are in order.

I can't help myself for contrasting 25 days from application to approval with the rather more rapid appeoval, for example, of a PA permit for an out of state applicant with his home state CCW. If I recall correctly it has been accomplished in minutes rather than days.

MD has come a long way, and has a long way still to come.

Again, congrats to the OP.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I have not read up on the process or qualifications now to get a Concealed Carry permit. Maybe someone here can help me with a question. I have owned Maryland Registered handguns and have my HQL since they started the requirement. By the way I also have my MSP handgun collector papers also. Do I need to take a course before I apply now? Which course if so.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I have not read up on the process or qualifications now to get a Concealed Carry permit. Maybe someone here can help me with a question. I have owned Maryland Registered handguns and have my HQL since they started the requirement. By the way I also have my MSP handgun collector papers also. Do I need to take a course before I apply now? Which course if so.
    The answers you seek are all around you.

Type "16 hours" in the search bar and you'll get plenty of answers.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads