• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patriot

Dec 31, 2011
    Harford co.
    I was going through a bucket of Remington Golden bullet just now and this caught my eye.
    2013-03-24_20-11-34_112.jpg

I have never seen anything like this before. I know this ammo is far from the best but holes in the side of the case are a new one for me. There doesn't appear to be any powder in the case so the bullet could very well be lodged in the barrel if it was fired. I'm glad I caught it.

Has anyone else ever ran into anything like this before?

Rem700fan

Ammo Disposal Expert
    Jul 11, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle, WV
    Good you caught it. Looks like it would have been a real issue if not. I would contact Remington with lot # and pics of the round, never know they may send you a couple of boxes for free.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    My son thought it was a whistle. I wonder if you have found a new way to re-purpose expended 22 rounds?

You actually can use a .22 case as a whistle if you blow across the top just right. It's a great way for Boy Scouts to annoy the camp counselors.

Hatter

NEWB - Slack Appreciated!
    Mar 6, 2013
    Stewartstown, PA
    You actually can use a .22 case as a whistle if you blow across the top just right. It's a great way for Boy Scouts to annoy the camp counselors.

Heh....where do you think that idea came from in the first place? I was a Scout leader for several years, so spent 22 casings and their uses are well known. They make great signs as well when driven into boards or wood with a hammer or hand axe (has to be soft wood though).

geichel

May 4, 2012
    Perry Hall, Md
    mike is there metal missing or is it just bent in ? if metal is missing thats extra scary because that means theres something saw like on the assembly line

Patriot

Dec 31, 2011
    Harford co.
    mike is there metal missing or is it just bent in ? if metal is missing thats extra scary because that means theres something saw like on the assembly line

The brass appears to be completely missing rather than just crimped into the center of the case.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Question - any way to know if this was from a recent production run?

Maybe their QC has been slipping due to increased production demands.

geichel

May 4, 2012
    Perry Hall, Md
    Question - any way to know if this was from a recent production run?

Maybe their QC has been slipping due to increased production demands.

yeah thats what i was figuring... i bought the same bucket of bullets that he did that same day and as far as ive been told the bucket o bullets is a new thing so im guessing that its a fairly new batch. i cant find anything on mine hinting at a date. theres a batch number but it doesnt mean much to me.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Here is my golden bullet with a hole in its side.After talking to them it sounds like a common problem. I'm not a fan of there ammo because of quality issues !

Attachments

• IMG_0263.jpg
      IMG_0263.jpg
      42.7 KB · Views: 691

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads