Hog Hunting North & South Carolina What Outfitter?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terpdx

Feb 18, 2010
    Waldorf
    Tagged for results. A buddy of mine and I are trying to plan a hog hunting trip in either NC or SC in a couple of months. I'd love to see an AAR on your trip!

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    We just got back from a hog trip in GA yesterday.... Place was called oconee ridge, it was pretty awesome trip. See if you can pick up a hog sniper light before you go, we hunted every night between 11pm and 6am

Donald1818

Aug 22, 2013
    Baltimore
    My good friend is up at the show as a vendor (charter fishing). He goes to SC every year. I will ask him and let you know. I plan on going with him this year. If I forget PM me. I will know by Friday.

I too am interested in doing some hog hunting, can you keep me in the loop?

thanks
    don

Donald1818

Aug 22, 2013
    Baltimore
    We talked to a few from South Carolina that were free range. Just about all were hunt from stands going out twice a day (morning/afternoon) near feeders. Shots were said to be 75 to 150 yds depending on the stand. Blackwater Hunting Services in Ulmer SC were real nice folks. Bang's Paradise Valley Hunting Club in Ehrhardt were very motived, stated nice hogs and great food. Buckeye Hunting Lodge in Brunson were also worth talking to. We are still digesting the info from the show. Again we are looking for meat hogs more then trophy so 400 lbs would be nice but a nice 150-200 lbs will fill the coolers. Chris

Hi,
    So I am just starting to investigate the hog hunting deal. I was amazed that the prices they are charging seem, to me, way too high.
    I cannot afford to pay upwards of $1,000 for a weekend trip.

Im discouraged.

Is there any information on where to go on public or some private farmers land and hunt?
    I thought these were pests. I can't justify $1,000+ for pests.

Im not trying to complain im just surprised.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Is there any information on where to go on public or some private farmers land and hunt?
    There isn't a lot of farming going on anymore in that part of SC, except for some cotton. The money is in timber (pine) and leasing to hunters from FL for deer hunting.

Hogs tend to follow patterns, which change frequently. The commercial guys know where their hogs are hanging out.

Eluxman

Mar 21, 2014
    Joppa
    Here's a place I went this past year & really liked it & booked it again for next year the owner Rick Grubbs is a full time guide year round.
    Waccamaw Hunting Services
    731 Ports Hill Drive
    Hemingway, SC 29554

http://www.huntinglodge.net/
    They also have night time summer hog hunts
    Rick has a 6 year old son that's been hunting with him from the age of 3 shooting BB guns now shooting a 300 Winchester mag his son has his own Face Book Page check him out.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wills-Wildlife-Obsession/494967557254964

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom