• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Based on the photos, it looks like HK's new version's got a shelf lower (sans the mag release lever) as opposed to the correct pin lower (and mag release lever), as in the MKE version (below). Although it'd be nice to have an HK-stamped receiver, I think I'll stick to MKE...

Attachments

• IMG_0006+2__-2_tonemappedwarm.jpg
      IMG_0006+2__-2_tonemappedwarm.jpg
      43.3 KB · Views: 342

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I can't see where it says it's a roller lock. Some of the cheaper 1s are direct blow back. If anyone knows for sure please chime I'm

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    I can't see where it says it's a roller lock. Some of the cheaper 1s are direct blow back. If anyone knows for sure please chime I'm

If you mean the Fedarm POF MP5 clone yes it's a roller lock and specs are readily available all over the web.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It's not looking good for us buying the SP-5k as a pistol.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/05/foghorn/hk-dishes-details-sp5k-u-s-civilian-mp5k/

Another change is in the receiver. There’s a rail welded on the inside of the receiver to prevent a proper full auto bolt assembly from being installed, accepting only the neutered semi-auto roller system.
    Unfortunately, I don't think this is going to be enough, because, IIRC, the SP-89 came with a semi-auto carrier, too. That makes them parts interchangeable. If the SP-89 had come with a full auto carrier, we would have been in the clear.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    There’s a rail welded on the inside of the receiver to prevent a proper full auto bolt assembly from being installed

It sounds like HK just copied what Zenith did, which allowed them to fit the standard pinned (as opposed to shelf) lower. Therefore, any standard HK lower becomes an option, which seems a very reasonable compromise:

Attachments

• IMG_0006+2__-2_tonemappedwarm.jpg
      IMG_0006+2__-2_tonemappedwarm.jpg
      43.3 KB · Views: 248

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    It sounds like HK just copied what Zenith did
    I don't think so. There is no front pushpin in any of the pics. If there were, there would be a paddle mag release. So looks like MKE/Zenith one-upped HK. But the carrier block sounds the same.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    There is no front pushpin in any of the pics. If there were, there would be a paddle mag release. So looks like MKE/Zenith one-upped HK. But the carrier block sounds the same.

That's unbelievable. If the HK's as you describe, I think they're gonna be sittin' on a lotta expensive, unsold guns.:sad20:

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Weren't they before though? I though that there were (Maryland) members here who had them.

I *really* want a Z5RS SBR for a suppressor host...
    The Z5RS and Z43P were the only ones listed. The assumption was that the Z5P and the K models were copies of the SP89 which is banned as a machine pistol, same rationale as the IWI UZI Pro.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The Z5RS and Z43P were the only ones listed. The assumption was that the Z5P and the K models were copies of the SP89 which is banned as a machine pistol, same rationale as the IWI UZI Pro.
    The IWI Uzi Pro is not even remotely 100% parts compatible with the original Uzi pistol. It's a side charger that uses different mags. If the board could get past the Uzi name, it'd be for sale in MD, no question.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    The IWI Uzi Pro is not even remotely 100% parts compatible with the original Uzi pistol. It's a side charger that uses different mags. If the board could get past the Uzi name, it'd be for sale in MD, no question.
    I'm with you on that.... Bad example I guess.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Good news but I just don't understand how. Its like the (CSA) vz 61 listed on the handgun roster, yet "Skorpion semiautomatic pistol" is listed on the assault pistol list. I could maybe see allowing it in the new calibers but the handgun roster has it in all three (including the orig.) Is the handgun roster as non-binding as the assault weapon list now is? So if they goof up, its still on you for breaking the law? There is still no way I'd own one of these in MD w/o it being an AOW or SBR (yes, I know you have to jump through hoops to make it 29")

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom