• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jwunder

Jun 24, 2010
    Berwyn Heights
    Stopped by 2A in early September to scoop up an ACOG and I just happened to mention to Mark that I had always wanted a P7 and he says "Funny you should mention that..."

Three weeks after that I picked up this new in box A-Grade P7 PSP. I've since put a couple of hundred rounds through it. I've wanted one of these for a long long time. I've just never found the right gun at the right price or had the money in hand before now.

It is extremely accurate, and more importantly it is extremely easy for me to shoot accurately. I haven't found the frame heating up to be an issue for me. I've shot 115gr PMC ball, 124gr Georgia Arms Ball, and 147gr +p Georgia Arms HP ammo out of it. All functioned flawlessly. I found the 124 to be the most accurate for me, although the others also shoot well.

I've been surprised how few people at the range know about these, They are pretty surprised after I explain how it works and all the features and find out this pistol was made in 1985.

As usual 2A was great to deal with the whole way.

p71.jpg

p72.jpg

I've got to be done for the year but I'm so glad I just decided to go check out 2A one afternoon last June. Every experience I've had there has been outstanding. Even the first time I went in before I ever spent a dime Mark was friendly and eager to get me what I wanted. Luckily we have similar tastes so usually it was already in the shop or on the way.

This Year's other 2A Purchases:

MSAR E4 and TA31F ACOG. I also bought a Vortex SPARC when I picked up the E4
    2010-10-27185150.jpg

West German Sig p226
    2010-08-31173723.jpg

Knowing that I have a Beretta M9 and seeing what I have bought this year Mark is convinced that I am trying to do my own Die Hard re-enactment. Then he tried to sell me an MP5

I'm done for this year but on Thursday afternoon I made the mistake of stopping by to shoot the bull. Now I have something on layaway for next year (Not an MP5)

And I've never even had the coffee.

Sev

"Vern"
    Mar 18, 2010
    formerly silver spring
    Joe's a great guy. He was kind enough to take me out and teach me to shoot various handguns and took me to the range when i bought my AR.

That p7 shoots awesome. Its more accurate than me. The msar is fun to shoot as well!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I need a P7 one of these days. The one I shot was one of the most accurate handguns I ever shot.

Fustercluck

Aug 4, 2008
    Eastern Shore
    I haven't found the frame heating up to be an issue for me. I've shot 115gr PMC ball, 124gr Georgia Arms Ball, and 147gr +p Georgia Arms HP ammo out of it. All functioned flawlessly. I found the 124 to be the most accurate for me, although the others also shoot well.

The P7 is an awesome pistol. I love my P7M8 and carry it daily during the summer months. However, she does get a little hot when you tickle her the right way. If I put 6 mags down the pipe quickly (less than a couple minutes), I won't be able to fire it for 10-15 minutes. At least, not with a two-handed grip. The weak hand thumb cannot touch the frame without a serious burn.

Your gun looks like a real winner. Congrats!
    /d

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom