• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Notice! I didn't say "vs". So, definitely not looking to open up a can of worms or anything. After reading "No Easy Day" where he chose a .45 H&K made me wonder if any of those guys would also opt for a Glock.

My question is... why do you guys think chose the H&K? I have little doubt that these guys could carry anything they'd likely want.

:)

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I own both types... I'm also a big 1911 fanboy

I like shooting 1911s, HK USP pistols.. But I carry a Glock

If you are a 1911 shooter and used to the process of sweeping the safety off before shooting. The HK is an awesome gun. It's also safer with manual and other safeties built in. however, the SA/Da trigger has a long pull and reset takes about a quarter mile. If you want a suppressor..you will not find a better host. Most SEAL team units use cans... thats because the badguys do not. So the HK is better in this situation than a Glock.

The Glock is plain simple and easy to shoot. It is also faster to shoot than the HK. When SHTF, I like simple.. that is why it rides in a crossbreed iwb all the time.

straightsilver3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 2, 2011
    everywhere
    I believe after studies of the 9mm SOCOM wanted something with a little more punch in a modern package HK fit the bill. I read an article years ago about the best .45 out of the box The USP 45 won The author claimed it ate any ammo you feed it. Still the glock and Sig got high marks

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011

If you are a 1911 shooter and used to the process of sweeping the safety off before shooting. The HK is an awesome gun. It's also safer with manual and other safeties built in. however, the SA/Da trigger has a long pull and reset takes about a quarter mile. If you want a suppressor..you will not find a better host. Most SEAL team units use cans... thats because the badguys do not. So the HK is better in this situation than a Glock.

The Glock is plain simple and easy to shoot. It is also faster to shoot than the HK. When SHTF, I like simple.. that is why it rides in a crossbreed iwb all the time.

I'd like to think that Glock makes suppressor acceptable barrels too. They're the service firearm of so many "regular" armed forces and "special" units for so many countries. I'd guess it's a request they received quite a bit. Maybe we just don't see it here in the civilian market.

Good points!

:thumbsup:

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I know a couple of SEAL team members that opted for the HKUSP tactical instead of the MK23.. they were saying that the Mark 23 was too big and heavy.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I'd like to think that Glock makes suppressor acceptable barrels too. They're the service firearm of so many "regular" armed forces and "special" units for so many countries. I'd guess it's a request they received quite a bit. Maybe we just don't see it here in the civilian market.

Good points!

:thumbsup:

Glock makes 9mm threaded barrel in 13.5x1 LH ( same as SIG) for the 17 and 19.. No 45 barrels. Glock also makes disposable plastic suppressors for real covert use.

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    Because when you are cool and professional as a seal member, why would you possibly want something as dull, ugly, utilitarian, and pedestrian as a glock?

And you don't have to pay for it?
    Ha

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Because when you are cool and professional as a seal member, why would you possibly want something as dull, ugly, utilitarian, and pedestrian as a glock?

And you don't have to pay for it?
    Ha

One thing to point out - I don't recall anywhere in the book him actually using his sidearm.

Go figure.

;)

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    It's all about suppressors... Glocks can sometimes be unreliable due to the heavier slide ( much heavier than a 1911 or HK) and will malfunction more than an HK as a suppressor host. Other SEAL pistols ( 1911, P226, BHP) do not offer the same reliability as an HK when suppressed. HK USP pistols also serve as the perfect host for suppressing the 45 ACP.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010

I own both aswell and completely agree. I absolutely love my USP9 SD but would carry a Glock if I could.
    Glock makes 9mm threaded barrel in 13.5x1 LH ( same as SIG) for the 17 and 19.. No 45 barrels. Glock also makes disposable plastic suppressors for real covert use.
    Glock makes a factory threaded barrel for the G21. However, they do not make them for the G30, G36, or any of the 45GAP's.

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Currently reading Marcinko's "Rogue Warrior". Them being armed with stainless S&W 66s in .357 Mag puts things in perspective today.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I own both aswell and completely agree. I absolutely love my USP9 SD but would carry a Glock if I could.

Glock makes a factory threaded barrel for the G21. However, they do not make them for the G30, G36, or any of the 45GAP's.

That must be a recent addition. It was not available about a couple of years ago when a SEAL team buddy of mine was looking for one.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Notice! I didn't say "vs". So, definitely not looking to open up a can of worms or anything. After reading "No Easy Day" where he chose a .45 H&K made me wonder if any of those guys would also opt for a Glock.

My question is... why do you guys think chose the H&K? I have little doubt that these guys could carry anything they'd likely want.

Glocks are good enough for Delta and other army SF. What SEAL Team Six uses doesn't really matter, since any of those guys could kill me from afar with a toothpick and rubber band. I am sure they have their reasons for choosing what they use.

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    HKs and cans are like ice cream and apple pie...
    IMG_1398b.jpg

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN

Great book isn't it?! I'm halfway through and already taking another look at HKs. I was surprised to find that he didn't use a USP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom