• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    It reads like an article from The Onion. The subject of the article is a walking, talking cliche. "Keisa" a "22-year-old film maker" and her brother "Kai", who are "Buddhist-raised, recovering vegetarians"? Saying things like: "“My parents were trying to make a choice about minimizing evil, both nutritional and ethical.”

You can't make that stuff up. That's comedy gold.

That being said, welcome to the fold. The more of "us" there are, the less of "them" there are.

They seem to fashion themselves like the blue skinned Na'vi from the movie Avatar.

But in truth, I make a similar argument to liberal friends with carnivorous tendencies about the positive ethics of hunting. And even if unsure about going hunting themselves, it's an entrez to get people to think about going to the range to shoot for the first time. I have quite a list that are interested when/if I ever range time (which I'm carving out over the summer).

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Any hunter has a far more intimate relationship with their meals than anyone going to the market or McDonalds.

Good on them.

I want to go hunting sometime. It's not something I've had exposure to, yet.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Well, I don't know, but I think I am pro-vegan. Here's why. When I was growing up and my Dad would go duck hunting I learned that you could tell by the taste of the meat which ducks fed mostly on fish and which ducks fed mostly on other stuff.

When the SHTF, I bet we will find that those vegans taste a lot better then the meat eating hippies. Can you say "corn fed"... :D :party29:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Well, I don't know, but I think I am pro-vegan. Here's why. When I was growing up and my Dad would go duck hunting I learned that you could tell by the taste of the meat which ducks fed mostly on fish and which ducks fed mostly on other stuff.

When the SHTF, I bet we will find that those vegans taste a lot better then the meat eating hippies. Can you say "corn fed"... :D :party29:

prob tender too :innocent0

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013

Well yes, vegans do taste pretty good.

But she liked the taste of a big hunk of meat even better.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    lol yep...My stomach turns when I see tofu burger:sad20: I was at a super market and these yuppie hippies were oooing and ahing over the tofu aisle:sad20::sad20:I almost said something to them but decided they werent worth my time.:lol2:

Never could figure out why people buy pretend meat. If someone likes veggies, fine, eat them. At least they're honest about it.

Why process the heck out of tofu to make it look like meat when they can just go for the real thing? It's simply self delusion.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Never could figure out why people buy pretend meat. If someone likes veggies, fine, eat them. At least they're honest about it.

Why process the heck out of tofu to make it look like meat when they can just go for the real thing? It's simply self delusion.

Yup like drinking O'dooles:sad20::sad20:

My mom was a vegetarian and always had some kind of soy product imitating meat...:sad20: I had to endure that while I was at home and first thing when I got out of the house and joined the military and got to my first tech school..was order me a pepperoni pizza!!!.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    Good one. I like it.:thumbsup:

As far as I'm concerned, the only good deer are dead ones.

I actually like veggies. They're a great compliment to whatever meat I'm also eating. But I totally agree. Good deer=dead dear. They're rats with horns as far as I'm concerned.
    Horned rats that seem hell bent on running in front of my motorcycle. :mad54:

Wait. Edit- just read Wilcamm's addition/edit. I think he hit the nail squarely on the head. Delicious horned rats.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Couldn't help myself...

checkmate-vegans_o_984861.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar