• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It is not only VA. I have run into shops that would not sell me a bolt action rifle as an MD resident.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Here's what you do on the magazine front: don't tell them you're from Maryland. Seriously, they'll never know unless you pay by check.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Interesting that this should come up. I was talking to a shop owner in VA today that claimed to have received a DVD from the ATF that described a rule change to prohibit the sale of "banned" items - including magazines to residents of states where said items are banned, regardless of where the transfer occurred. He said that after 10/1 he would no longer be able to sell me 10+ rnd mags in VA if I'm a MD resident.

Anyone else aware of this?

edit: if true, this sucks donkey balls.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

There are out of state FFLs today that won't sell a non-regulated firearm with a magazine more than 20-rounds. I bought a S&W M&P 15-22 at a PA gun show and had to explained and finally got it. I've heard other people post here the the FFL just refuses.

rkba

Mar 1, 2013
    Thanks for the responses, guys. Looks like I'm good to go to sell and ship the mag to a MD resident.

I guess it must be a mad scramble there to acquire gear before 10/1. I have some 15-22 25rd mags I may post in your classifieds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom