High Caliber Arms - S Potomac St. Hagestown?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    thanks platekiller. i haven't been on that end of town lately, but if i am i'll check in and see if he's open. my finances right now have guns setting as a distant priority, but i'd like to at least familiarize myself with most of the local shops.

Doy C. Sneckenberger

Doy C. Sneckenberger
    Jul 18, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Anyone heard of this place?

High Caliber Arms
    800 S. Potomac St
    Hagerstown, MD

I was poking around on the Armalite website reading about the AR-24 and accidentally clicked dealers, and found a coulpe Armalite dealers up our way, including Murrays in Williamsport, and "High Caliber" in Hagerstown.

Looking on maps.google it looks to be by the laundrymat near the tracks by rose hill cemetary. If it's still open I'd like to pop in and see what they sell.

Anyone been there?
    Hello Everyone!

FYI: High Caliber Arms is still located at 800 South Potomac Street. I own and manage the Laundromat next to him. The store is open, but not to walk in sales. He is planning to open the storefront up again this fall if things pick up and his work schedule allows.

You can call and leave messages for him at (301) 790-2648.

The parking lot belongs to Clean & Bright Laundry, but if you need to visit High Caliber Arms or pick something up please feel free to use my parking area! Just enter at the railroad tracks.

Doy C. Sneckenberger
    Owner: Clean & Bright Laundry I & II
    812 S. Potomac Street and also 1011 Maryland Avenue
    Hagerstown, MD 21740
    DoySneck@aol.com

Maryland and Virginia CCW Handgun Permit
    NRA and NAHC Life Member
    Member MD Shooters

chrisflhtc

Jan 28, 2010
    Hagerstown
    Hello Everyone!

The parking lot belongs to Clean & Bright Laundry, but if you need to visit High Caliber Arms or pick something up please feel free to use my parking area! Just enter at the railroad tracks.

Doy C. Sneckenberger
    Owner: Clean & Bright Laundry I & II
    812 S. Potomac Street and also 1011 Maryland Avenue
    Hagerstown, MD 21740
    DoySneck@aol.com

Maryland and Virginia CCW Handgun Permit
    NRA and NAHC Life Member
    Member MD Shooters

:thumbsup:
    Thanks Welcome
    Stop in and introduce yourself

Doy C. Sneckenberger

Doy C. Sneckenberger
    Jul 18, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Hello!

In Hagerstown the Gun Dealers I have purchased from are listed below. All are very good and worthy of supporting.

Most of my purchases are from Murrays Sports Center. They have a good selection of firearms and can order anything you want*. (*If MD Allows it!) They are very reasonable and handle a lot of the gun bonanzas for the local fire companies. They do ALL my special orders. (Wish List Guns....) Williamsport is about 10 miles south of Hagerstown but worth the drive! Jack Murray does a great job locating "Odd" firearms and getting them in for me. His transfer fees are very reasonable and he is easy to work with. When he knows you, he even lets you know if something comes in that you may like to see! Many times I just send him a fax and he gets me the items listed then calls when they come in!

Murrays Sports Center
    101 Sunset Ave
    Williamsport, MD 21795
    301-223-6278

The Arrow and Bullet is on the west end of town and is a smaller shop but has great deals on new and used handguns and rifles. 90% of my used guns come from this shop. The owner is great to work with.

Arrow & Bullet,
    The Arrow & Bullet
    1034 Concord Street
    Hagerstown, MD 21740-5202
    (301) 790-0564

Keystone Sporting Goods is the largest store and if you need to pick something up off the shelf go there. They have a lot of items in stock but don't have the "Small Store" feel that I like. They remind me more of a Dick's style of store with lots of displays and clothing.

Keystone Sporting Goods Inc.
    13611 Pennsylvania Avenue
    Hagerstown Maryland 21742
    301-733-0373

If you have any questions, please feel free to call them or e-mail me.

Doy C. Sneckenberger
    Hagerstown, MD
    DoySneck@aol.com

Doy C. Sneckenberger

Doy C. Sneckenberger
    Jul 18, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Same with my finances, but looking is free. I am always up for visiting a shop even if I don't need anything.
    The problem with looking is that Jack Murray ( Murrays Gun Shop in Williamsport, MD)always hands me what I am looking at, then after I hold it, I want It!!! I am OK till I hold it......... "MD Gun Collector" now due to that issue.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Funny thing is guess what shop does the Fired Shell casing for Arrow and Bullet and Keystone that's right Hafer's and we are also an IP.

Doy C. Sneckenberger

Doy C. Sneckenberger
    Jul 18, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Could you e-mail information on Hafer's? Lived here all my life and never heard of it....

Although I do live a sheltered life in the south end of Hagerstown. Everything I need is here, my 3 businesses, Food, AC&T, Auto Parts, a Lowes, Hardware Stores, and ice cream shops.... What more could a guy ask for?

I own a 06 Tahoe and only fuel up about once every month or two...... The Tahoe doesn't even cool down or warm up before I am at work! (Tahoe has a wide seat, and allows room for my S&W 4506 or Kimber Ultra Carry on my side!)

Thank you for the new store information! DoySneck@aol.com

Justler

Jan 5, 2012
    I know i'm necroposting, but I just wanted to say that I bought two guns from Greg Engler at High Caliber Arms and it was a great experience. Greg is a great guy and was helpful when I was looking to buy. It's refreshing to go into a shop and be welcomed and for the owner to be excited to talk with you about guns.

I think his hours or a lot better these days and the pricing he gave me beat everyone in town. I bought a Ruger GP100 6" and a Ruger P95 from Greg and my friend bought a Ruger SR9 and a Cobra 380. All paperwork went through no problem and we also found out that if you buy two guns on the same receipt/purchase you can get them at the same time and not have to wait 30 days inbetween purchases!

It wouldn't have taken much for High Caliber Arms to do better than the poor experience I had at The Gun Center in Frederick, but I didn't expect the great level of service and an excellent price to boot! Stop by and say hi if you're in the area. Greg loves guns and enjoys talking with his customers about them!

Apr 16, 2012
    Everyone was correct as Greg ran the shop part time. He has since retired from his full time job and opened up full time. I use him a lot for transfers. He is a great guy and willing to help out with anything you need (as are the few local shops i have already seenn mentioned in this string of posts)

If anyone wants to know he is open m-f 9-5. The best way i found to reach him is by email: g53engler@juno.com

Brickpilot

Mar 5, 2012
    I wanted to put in my .02 cents worth in regards to High Caliber Arms. I recently purchased a sig pro from him in the case with both barrels. His prices are reasonable and he has a decent selection. He was great to deal with and its pretty close by to me. Hes manning the shop full time now as well so I'd say go in and check him out.He may have something on hand that would strike your fancy. :)

Nov 22, 2010
    Hagerstown MD
    Wondering....

Do any of you know if these places do Gunsmithing services? I live in Hagerstown and I recently got my Gunsmithing certificate online. I admit I don't know as much as I would like to but something P/T related to guns in any would be awesome. I have no clue what I was thinking doing that schooling since there isn't much in our area. Talk about a hard field to get into!

k9guy

Feb 12, 2011
    Another great small shop to check out in Hagerstown is BandySmith Firearms. They just opened up a small shop in Funkstown (where the post office used to be). Great place with great people.....

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Shows you how much I get around since I moved up here from Frederick about 4 years ago. Until I got on this forum I had never heard of ANY of these dealers. Other than getting ammo at WM I still go down to Gunrunners in Frederick because MPC members get a discount on transfers. I buy most of my firearms off GunBroker.com and shop on-line most of the time for the rest.
    I heard from somebody a couple of days ago that Mark was moving his shop down towards Annapolis and the Bay somewhere. I talked to him at the last Fred. Gun Show and he never mentioned it to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom