• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TechnicalTaco

MDS Supporter
    Sep 12, 2020
    Northern Calvert
    I’m originally from southern CA but have been living in VA for the last 6 years. Just moved to Calvert county with my wife and daughter. All my conservative friends asked why I was leaving VA for MD...

1. Between tolls and traffic, I-66 has been slowly killing me.
    2. Gov. Northam is an idiot and VA is inevitably going to be blue or bluer than MD.
    3. I found a nice house and price was right.
    4. If I’m going to commute to DC, I might as well live closer to the water.

Anyway. I look forward to making MD my forever home. If you see me driving around CB in my old yellow Toyota pickup, say hey.

Tim

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I guess coming from CA builds a certain level of tolerance for what state government and a loopy lefty voting majority can do to you. In a way, then, you’re lucky you’ve already got your armor on. Welcome! You’ve found, here, one of this state’s bastions of rational (if salty) discourse and a rough and tumble fraternity of folks who have some things in common. Glad to hear you’ll be spending less time on 66!

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from PA!

Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT]

letmeoutpax

Nov 12, 2013
    St. Mary's
    2. Gov. Northam is an idiot and VA is inevitably going to be blue or bluer than MD.

That guy has destroyed southern accents for me.

ETA Try not to let the laws stress you out. Looking forward to seeing you in Annapolis next time we are fighting back the Mongols. Welcome to Maryland

TechnicalTaco

MDS Supporter
    Sep 12, 2020
    Northern Calvert
    I appreciate the warm welcome. I’m not too stressed about the gun laws. Fortunately I’ve been preparing for ammo and toilet paper shortages since before it was cool.

I’m just patiently waiting for the panic hoarders to default on their credit cards and start selling ammo/guns at discount prices to pay back their debt collectors.

Being raised in LA with a cop for a dad taught me to be ready for earthquakes, riots, burglary, idiots, and traffic. Bet he didn’t think those lessons would’ve been so relevant in a single lifetime.

Despite the strict gun control, I feel like SoMD is a safer bet than NoVA.

G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    Welcome neighbor. I've lived in Calvert for four years now and aside from the fact that it's in Maryland, it's a great place to live. BTW, there's a pretty good bus system into DC, so you don't even have to drive if you don't want to.

TechnicalTaco

MDS Supporter
    Sep 12, 2020
    Northern Calvert
    Welcome neighbor. I've lived in Calvert for four years now and aside from the fact that it's in Maryland, it's a great place to live. BTW, there's a pretty good bus system into DC, so you don't even have to drive if you don't want to.

Yeah someone was telling me about commuter buses the other day. I have a very unusual and infrequent schedule so I’m not sure how often I’ll be able to use a bus.

And I’m enjoying it here so far. Friendly people, no charge to take garbage to the dump, and it has a rural feel to it even though I know I’m a hop/skip/jump away from DC.

Oh, and I can see stars in the sky and there’s silence at night. I used to live under a flight path near Dulles international. It’s crazy how I got so used to it when I was living there.

Last edited:

G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    Yeah, whenever I have people from outside the area visit, they always comment on how quiet it is out here. Plus the parks. If you have kids or just enjoy the outdoors, be sure to check out the parks and beaches here, if you haven't already. There's a ton.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Just remember normal cruising speed on rt. 4 in the morning is 80+. If you drive slower, God help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom