• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyBmore

This is not a"FREE STATE"
    Feb 3, 2011
    Got to handle some new Vepr AK's at Atlantic Firearms ,wow these things are super nice!! Makes me want to get Yet another AK..AltlanticFirearms.com will be offering these in 762 x 39 , .308 , 5.45x 39 and 762 x 54R .
    I was thinking of getting a .308 riffle in the future .. Now it might have to be one of these ...
    check um out .
    VEPRLOGO.jpg

New Vepr Made in Russia Hunting /target rifle in traditional caliber of 7.62X39mm. With 50% more HEAVY DUTY receiver that also has double reinforcement and crowned with extra heavy duty Target like barrel ! A true comparison is with the Russian tiger Draganov.Having made a reputation for accuracy,This heavy duty Barrel not found on most other rifles has Chrome lined chamber and Bore. This Vepr system along with excellent quality of all parts, to many to list here,has earned a legendary reputation for total dependability from the jungles to Siberia ! Vepr Comes with 2 detachable 10 round magazines, cleaning rod , cleaning kit and oil bottle.Magazine maximum is 10 round magazine and will not accept high cap magazines.This hunting /target rifle is legal for NJ. This Vepr is also Legal for CA with adding Bullet Button please visit the CA legal section of our web site for more details. . This barrel length is 16.5'' inches. Has scope rail on left side of receiver for mounting telescopic scopes or holographic sights on a picatiney rails.

Why the Vepr is better than the average AK

Hammer-Forged, Chrome-Lined, Heavy Barrel. Most durable AK Barrels Made.

Hammer Forging is a process whereby the lands and grooves of the barrel are formed by hammering the barrel material against a mandrel. This process not only creates sharp and well defined lands and grooves but also leaves an excellent surface finish on said surfaces. An additional benefit is that the barrel material becomes work hardened. The chrome plating helps prevent against wear and corrosion. We don't believe you can buy a better barrel on any rifle.

Rifles based on Kalashnikov's operating system have not been known for their exceptional accuracy. The renowned AK47 rifle was designed to function flawlessly in all environments and temperatures. In other words, functionality was more important than accuracy. However, because the VEPR has a stiffer receiver than the AK47, better accuracy can be expected.

Most Accurate. Consistently better groups than other AKs.

True RPK Receiver. Stiffer and longer wearing than any other AK receiver. Made for Soviet Squad Automatic Weapon.

The VEPR costs more for a reason - It is simply the finest Kalashnikov based rifle available in the U.S. market

here is a Vepr 7.62x39mm converted by Red Jacket Firearms ( Sons of Guns ) Available as well .

VEPRTAC.jpg

What do you guys think?? I hope to get out & shoot one soon , If I do I will be sure to come back with a full range report....

Last edited:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    VEPR AK's are the nicest AK's ever made IMHO, they really are spectacular, and very accurate. I regret selling mine years ago.

The only complaint I have is the cheap paint finish, but as long as gunscrubber is avoided the finish holds up fine.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Excellent rifles, heavy for an AK (based on the RPK heavy barrel and trunnion, and 1.5 mm receiver) but if you want an accurate AK, this is it. One of the only AKs worth mounting a POSP scope on.

I'm holding out for a 5.45. Now if only someone like Robarms would make conversion furniture again... though I hear Red Jacket will be offering converted versions soon through Atlantic.

JohnnyBmore

Feb 3, 2011
    though I hear Red Jacket will be offering converted versions soon through Atlantic.

Yep Atlantic already has some in stock! I mentioned it in my first post .. they feel & look GREAT!

VEPRTAC.jpg

I've been drueling over the RJF VEPR now for about a week...they look like Souped Up Saiga's!!!

Yeah .. I almost had to walk away with one the other day .. but my wallet is a little tapped out .. FOR NOW!!! :lol2:

JohnnyBmore

Feb 3, 2011
    Wow, looks good. What's the ideal caliber?

Hmmmm..That is a good question .. I'm going to look into that .

I'm a big fan of AK's in 7.62x39mm .. after that I think I like .308's .. but That has nothing to do with the question ....lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom