• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Who went off the deep end ? I merely stated that I knew all the stuff in the rant on glassdoor.com about HTC to be true. I didnt write it, by the way.

Seemed like it was zzzz man who got shitty. "We could give a shit less".....

People have left there, tried to keep it amicable, and management engaged in a campaign to besmirch and discredit them in such a way as to make them unemployable in their industry. Not one person, several. It's a pattern of behavior by management there.

A couple people speculated that what was on glassdoor was the rantings of a disgruntled former employee, perhaps dismissing it. I posted that while yes, that person sounded really angry when they wrote that- it was true.

Figured that might be useful info for anyone thinking about making the mistake of working there. If it was lacking details, they're not mine to give.

Do as you see fit, reward their behavior if you like- but they'll never get another dime from me. Or a kind word.

If true, that is extremely stupid on the part of employer. It's an example of why life is not fair. As an employer, if you have staff making six figures, people with a bit experience, knowledge and means, an employer actually volunteering negative attribution is unnecessarily setting himself up for a nice law suit. The people being allegedly besmirched should probably file with the EEOC, IF they can prove the allegation. It is not taken lightly. Having employed and firing people for 20yrs, we knew contacting past employers was just a dog and pony show. No one in our industry would say anything negative. It was just lack of praise that was the clue, but never any negative comments.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    And I still don't care, nor do I care what a member with a well-established history of whining about anything/everything thinks of me. Wow. A whiner thinks I'm a jerk? Oh, dear. How will I ever sleep at night? :lol2:

It really must suck to be you.

What is your deal lately?

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    More experience than 22,402 members combined? Who was that?

Ok, so that is a ridiculous overstatement but this instructor has more experience than 99.999% of the individuals on here. Great person too.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Ok, so that is a ridiculous overstatement but this instructor has more experience than 99.999% of the individuals on here. Great person too.
    This is an overstatement too, if you do the math (because it's practically equivalent to what you said before). Moreover, do you know more than 100 members here? You're making sweeping statements based on very little information.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    This is an overstatement too, if you do the math (because it's practically equivalent to what you said before). Moreover, do you know more than 100 members here? You're making sweeping statements based on very little information.

How many former Spec Ops people do you know on here?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    How many former Spec Ops people do you know on here?
    Irrelevant because you don't know the >20k members here yet you claim the one ex-trainer that you know from a local facility has "literally" more experience than everyone here combined ... and then you walked it back to just everyone here. I'm not making the assertions. You are.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Irrelevant because you don't know the >20k members here yet you claim the one ex-trainer that you know from a local facility has "literally" more experience than everyone here combined ... and then you walked it back to just everyone here. I'm not making the assertions. You are.

Yes, I am.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Exactly. Wondering if Blaster's "friend" is on here too.

Which you can't back up.

Whatever, I'd put this instructors resume up against anyone on here and in the context of the thread, HTC lost one of the best possible assets they could have.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Better than your previous hyperbolic assertions. It's great you're loyal to this trainer as well, and from a customer perspective, it sounds like a loss. As per management/employee relations, I've seen some long-term retention (incl persons I met outside of Heritage) and they seem happy there, but it's possible that they wouldn't share discord.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Pilot25,

Your friend may have a ton of real world experience, but your collective comment about the membership here shows your ignorance of the subject. Less then a year ago you were asking about lubing a firearm, so it would be prudent to put on the brakes before you make yourself look bad, or possibly get yourself banned.

If your friend has a good resume, he should have no problem filling up teaching courses as a private instructor.

HTC was very kind to me and allowed me (Technically a Competitor) to park my training trailer right next to the entrance at the range and give classes for the Dottrio Shoot. They even made a post about it here. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Pilot25,

Your friend may have a ton of real world experience, but your collective comment about the membership here shows your ignorance of the subject. Less then a year ago you were asking about lubing a firearm, so it would be prudent to put on the brakes before you make yourself look bad, or possibly get yourself banned.

If your friend has a good resume, he should have no problem filling up teaching courses as a private instructor.

HTC was very kind to me and allowed me (Technically a Competitor) to park my training trailer right next to the entrance at the range and give classes for the Dottrio Shoot. They even made a post about it here. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt.
    seemed to be a very well run operation at our event and also when I went back with my wife and some of her friends more recently.

Not to discount the apparent experience of pilot25's friend but some businesses aren't for everyone. I have had to communicate that to a number of potential clients, vendors, and contractors in my own business over the years.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Whatever, I'd put this instructors resume up against anyone on here and in the context of the thread, HTC lost one of the best possible assets they could have.

And yet all you offer is hearsay and innuendo without proof of any kind. I think the best possible thing you could do to express your dissatisfaction is to either just not go there...or open your own range.

Last year's Dottrio event was amazing. Too bad you didn't join us because you could've gotten a firsthand look at the people on this forum you now casually dismiss as less experienced than your favorite instructor...again, without proof of any kind.

If you really think as much of him as you claim, why not invite him to MD Shooters? He would certainly be welcome and it would be a great community for him to network for job opportunities.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Last year's Dottrio event was amazing. Too bad you didn't join us because you could've gotten a firsthand look at the people on this forum you now casually dismiss as less experienced than your favorite instructor...again, without proof of any kind.

This right here. That is all that has to be said.

Pilot25, I constantly learn something new at every MDS event I attend. The Dottrio shoots (all of them), MDS family photo, co-sponsoring the Jailbreak meet-up, and some others I've attended. At each one I put faces to user names. I've made many friends on here and also mended some fences at those events. As a matter of fact, at least 5 friends have posted in this thread.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    This right here. That is all that has to be said.

Pilot25, I constantly learn something new at every MDS event I attend. The Dottrio shoots (all of them), MDS family photo, co-sponsoring the Jailbreak meet-up, and some others I've attended. At each one I put faces to user names. I've made many friends on here and also mended some fences at those events. As a matter of fact, at least 5 friends have posted in this thread.
    Aww stop before you make us cry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom