• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marc357

Jan 27, 2008
    Woodbine, MD
    I think most of us who regularly use HTC couldn't give a shit less about what kind of place it is to work. If you don't like it, don't go there.

Nice that you don't give a shit how badly they treat their employees, perhaps if they treated someone you care about that way you would feel differently.

How about if someone you care about had been treated like shit, then when they quit, didnt want to belabor all the shitty treatment, just wanted to leave- management had engaged in a campaign to besmirch their reputation, you cool with that?

Last edited:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Nice that you don't give a shit how badly they treat their employees, perhaps if they treated someone you care about that way you would feel differently.

How about if someone you care about had been treated like shit, then when they quit, didnt want to belabor all the shitty treatment, just wanted to leave- management had engaged in a campaign to besmirch their reputation, you cool with that?
    Whoa. Be chill, guy. What exactly do you have against HTC?

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Whoa. Be chill, guy. What exactly do you have against HTC?

Disgruntled ex-employee. I still don't care. It's not my problem and it's none of my business how HTC treats its employees. I go there every now and then to shoot, not to get involved in their employee's morale or lack thereof.

Exactly how was your reputation 'besmirched'? I don't know you or any of the circumstances of your departure from HTC, other than what you posted but, if it makes you feel any better, your reputation as a troll in this form remains intact.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Disgruntled ex-employee. I still don't care. It's not my problem and it's none of my business how HTC treats its employees. I go there every now and then to shoot, not to get involved in their employee's morale or lack thereof.
    If he is a disgruntled former employee, then he probably has a reason to be upset. I worked retail for a while and it isn't for everybody. There is also a reason why turnover is so high in that part of the job market.

On the other side, I can see your point of view also. As a customer, you want to go in and do your thing and not be caught up in the internal issues of the company. You just want to do your thing and leave.

I'm not taking sides in this, I'm curious as to why he went off the deep end the way he did.

marc357

Jan 27, 2008
    Woodbine, MD
    Who went off the deep end ? I merely stated that I knew all the stuff in the rant on glassdoor.com about HTC to be true. I didnt write it, by the way.

Seemed like it was zzzz man who got shitty. "We could give a shit less".....

People have left there, tried to keep it amicable, and management engaged in a campaign to besmirch and discredit them in such a way as to make them unemployable in their industry. Not one person, several. It's a pattern of behavior by management there.

A couple people speculated that what was on glassdoor was the rantings of a disgruntled former employee, perhaps dismissing it. I posted that while yes, that person sounded really angry when they wrote that- it was true.

Figured that might be useful info for anyone thinking about making the mistake of working there. If it was lacking details, they're not mine to give.

Do as you see fit, reward their behavior if you like- but they'll never get another dime from me. Or a kind word.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Who went off the deep end ? I merely stated that I knew all the stuff in the rant on glassdoor.com about HTC to be true. I didnt write it, by the way.

People have left there, tried to keep it amicable, and management engaged in a campaign to besmirch and discredit them in such a way as to make them unemployable in their industry. Not one person, several. It's a pattern of behavior by management there.

A couple people speculated that what was on glassdoor was the rantings of a disgruntled former employee, perhaps dismissing it. I posted that while yes, that person sounded really angry when they wrote that- it was true.

Figured that might be useful info for anyone thinking about making the mistake of working there. If it was lacking details, they're not mine to give.

Do as you see fit, reward their behavior if you like- but they'll never get another dime from me. Or a kind word.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zzzzz_man View Post
    I think most of us who regularly use HTC couldn't give a shit less about what kind of place it is to work. If you don't like it, don't go there.

Last edited by marc357; Yesterday at 07:51 PM. Reason: GFY

I'm pretty sure the context of what you said changed, when you listed the reason why you edited the post as "GFY". In all honesty, that is perceived as going off the deep end in my eyes.

The simple truth is that I am asking you why you went off. What actual knowledge do you have of the inner workings, that makes you comment in that manner? If you don't want to go public with it, you can PM me. I'm willing to hear you out, without judgement, and see why you are as upset as you are.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016

Dang. Hold on...let me find my box of Kleenex. It's here somewhere. In the mean time, take comfort in knowing that I feel terribly about coming across as shitty to you! It was not my intent. I only was trying to express my extreme displeasure about you coming in to a conversation between adults to take the verbal equivalent of a 'shart' and if that hurt your feelings, I humbly apologize.

marc357

Jan 27, 2008
    Woodbine, MD
    I'm neither angry nor upset.

I posted corroborating info related to a previous post, and to the OP, which was asking why there is so much turnover @ HTC, and zzzzzz man quoted my post, adding "who gives a shit", and "If you don't like it, don't go there." Sounds just short of "screw you"

Came off as a real jerk, we don't know each other (that I know of), and we've not had disagreeable words with each other on MDS (that I know of) so yeah, seems like he likes it rough, hence the GFY. It's actually nice when people let you know how you should treat them, saves time ;)

Yes, I did say mean things about HTC. They're true. That's it. HTC has done the same thing, they have let me know (by their actions) how I should treat them.

I would suggest there are better places to work, and better places to spend your money, because they treat their people badly, just as i would suggest not spending money at Starbucks, because they're anti-gun, or buying clothing from a place you know uses child slave labor.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

Some retail establishments have a greater than 300% turn over of employees per year. It is the nature of retail and isn't a problem from managements perspective, it is an accepted cost of doing business.

Do I get pissed off at Burger King/Taco Bell/Wendy's/McDonald's because I never run into the same order taker/ cashier every time I go there? No!

Yes, I have worked retail and no it was not a stable work environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Except the people who have quit aren't just RSOs or retail employees. They are highly experienced instructors. One who quit recently, has more live fire, life and death, shooting experience than everyone on this forum put together. That is an unquestionable literal statement.

I highly doubt the tough talking people who hide behind their screens would be talking so callously to these folks to their faces. Its sad when highly qualified and respected people are chased away from a business the local community needs.

I am cheering for HTC to change their ways but competition is minutes away. It would behoove them to understand that.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Except the people who have quit aren't just RSOs or retail employees. They are highly experienced instructors. One who quit recently, has more live fire, life and death, shooting experience than everyone on this forum put together. That is an unquestionable literal statement.

More experience than 22,402 members combined? Who was that?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

I highly doubt the tough talking people who hide behind their screens would be talking so callously to these folks to their faces. Its sad when highly qualified and respected people are chased away from a business the local community needs.

I am cheering for HTC to change their ways but competition is minutes away. It would behoove them to understand that.

Who I am on here is who I am in real life. If I don't like you, I'll tell you to your face what I think. I don't hide behind a keyboard, nor do I like a keyboard Kommando. To lump all of us in that group is flat out insulting to those of us that are productive members of the community and do our best to keep the community what it is.

Personally, I couldn't care less what the person's qualifications are, if they are a crappy RSO or instructor, they should find another avenue for employment. If they are not customer service oriented, they should leave the instructor/RSO/sales job they have at a range. I have more trigger time than most individual members on here, because I started shooting at an early age. Do I throw that around? No I don't, because there is always going to be somebody out there that is better than I am. But if I know I have more skills and am more proficient in my craft than this person you are describing, I have no problem telling them to get bent, should they offer unwarranted advice or act in a manner that shows they are throwing their weight around.

I'll say it here and now. I like everybody till they piss me off. After that, it is up to you to get off my shit list. A good friend of mine was asked to describe me one time. "DA comes in two flavors. Regular and pissed off. Choose wisely which one you want to see."

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I'm neither angry nor upset.

I posted corroborating info related to a previous post, and to the OP, which was asking why there is so much turnover @ HTC, and zzzzzz man quoted my post, adding "who gives a shit", and "If you don't like it, don't go there." Sounds just short of "screw you"

Came off as a real jerk, we don't know each other (that I know of), and we've not had disagreeable words with each other on MDS (that I know of) so yeah, seems like he likes it rough, hence the GFY. It's actually nice when people let you know how you should treat them, saves time ;)

Yes, I did say mean things about HTC. They're true. That's it. HTC has done the same thing, they have let me know (by their actions) how I should treat them.

I would suggest there are better places to work, and better places to spend your money, because they treat their people badly, just as i would suggest not spending money at Starbucks, because they're anti-gun, or buying clothing from a place you know uses child slave labor.

Look, I'm offering to hear you out in private, but being vague as hell about an incident in public isn't really helping me understand the gripe that you have. I don't work for HTC, nor will I ever work there. I'm wondering why you are so hostile towards them and would like to hear you out.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Who I am on here is who I am in real life. If I don't like you, I'll tell you to your face what I think. I don't hide behind a keyboard, nor do I like a keyboard Kommando. To lump all of us in that group is flat out insulting to those of us that are productive members of the community and do our best to keep the community what it is.

Personally, I couldn't care less what the person's qualifications are, if they are a crappy RSO or instructor, they should find another avenue for employment. If they are not customer service oriented, they should leave the instructor/RSO/sales job they have at a range. I have more trigger time than most individual members on here, because I started shooting at an early age. Do I throw that around? No I don't, because there is always going to be somebody out there that is better than I am. But if I know I have more skills and am more proficient in my craft than this person you are describing, I have no problem telling them to get bent, should they offer unwarranted advice or act in a manner that shows they are throwing their weight around.

I'll say it here and now. I like everybody till they piss me off. After that, it is up to you to get off my shit list. A good friend of mine was asked to describe me one time. "DA comes in two flavors. Regular and pissed off. Choose wisely which one you want to see."

I was referencing the jerk who could care less about others and plainly stated as such.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I was referencing the jerk who could care less about others and plainly stated as such.

And I still don't care, nor do I care what a member with a well-established history of whining about anything/everything thinks of me. Wow. A whiner thinks I'm a jerk? Oh, dear. How will I ever sleep at night? :lol2:

It really must suck to be you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom