• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goose Guy

Skooma lord
    Mar 29, 2010
    People's Respublik of Maryland
    Forgive me Browning, for I have sinned. The other day I went over to Scott's and got myself a Glock 26. I still maintain that the little chunk of plastic is about the ugliest thing ever made, but it proved to be something worth looking at as far as performance is concerned.

Hopefully I can try it out next weekend and put up my take on it here, but for now...

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I know the statement I'm about to make should probably get be banned, but...I really like how Glocks look. I mean, there's something to be said about the smooth lines of the 1911, the beauty that comes with that...but...theres also something to be said for that squared off, squared away look of the Glock. I know, I'm crazy, but I think they look great!

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Function over style.

I want things that work well. If they are pretty, that's great, but it's more important that they work well.

brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    They aren't bad looking guns. I had a G17 3rd gen for a bit and never had any issues with it. I ended up selling it because after putting 1k rounds through it I still couldn't shoot it as well as my other handguns. I didn't shoot it that bad though. It's just the grip and grip angle didn't feel right.

powderhunter

May 29, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Forgive me Browning, for I have sinned.

All your sins are forgiven ! I’m sure John Browning would have bought a GLOCK too, if he was alive. And turn it into a Single Action semi auto.

I have posted a thread earlier this year why I hated Glocks and got flamed big time for not having any kind of previous experience with them. So here it is, my first Glock. I came to the conclusion that just because I don’t like certain firearm, doesn’t mean I can’t own one.

After some range time & close examination, I can see why so many people swear by it and stand beside it. It is a no non sense kind of pistol, designed to perform its function with no frills. It is an all around well built pistol. Maybe, if I ever get a permit for conceal carry, it will be my CCW.

And as for my opinion on Glocks, since I own one. I have to say, they still look ugly to me.

Attachments

• IMG_0276.jpg
      IMG_0276.jpg
      90.3 KB · Views: 349

Goose Guy

Skooma lord
    Mar 29, 2010
    Congrats! Which Gen?

:thumbsup:
    Looks to be a Gen 3

Ak's ain't pretty....but I'll take them any single stinkin' day over any other rifle.

When you shoot that ugly-ass Austrian thing you'll begin to love it.

Yeah, I really liked my friend's when he let me try it. The U shaped rear sight took some getting used to, but it was quick on target.

I really just wanted a 9mm and figured I may as well get a (sub?)compact in case we get the whole CCW thing to happen (eternal optimist). Two birds and all that. Now I need to think up a name before Thursday.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i may or may not have a glock 21, 22, and 27.:innocent0

yea....glocks suck......:rolleye12

Goose Guy

Skooma lord
    Mar 29, 2010
    Well, I just got back from the range and...I...liked it. It's actually a very accutate gun for its size. Out of 150 rds., there were no malfunctions, and to my relief, all brass ejection was consistantly to the right, except one.

Since it passed, I shall name it Ariel.

Pics of course:

Attachments

• 100_2824.jpg
      100_2824.jpg
      76.3 KB · Views: 221

Hi Point Naga

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 22, 2012
    Ak's ain't pretty....but I'll take them any single stinkin' day over any other rifle.

When you shoot that ugly-ass Austrian thing you'll begin to love it.

I think the AK is beautiful with a little wood, Not a fan of the way the Vepyr looks wish you didn't need an aftermarket stock for the pistol grip to get the "ak look"

LONGSHOT

May 7, 2011
    ABERDEEN,HARFORD
    put a hatfield racker on,a gap floor plate, undercut the triggerguard for middle finger to get more room if needed and get a trigger holster for a good easy carry.

new_shooter

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2010
    To each his own. Personally, I don't love how Glocks look. But worse, they don't feel right in my hands. The edges are too rectilinear, and the weight isn't distributed 'right.'

But that's just me. May everyone find their own right fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom