• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sports89man7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2018
    funny I was watching a news story in mass about how only 3 bumpstocks were turned in and the police department saying "well maybe its because not a lot of people own bumpstocks" I literally laughed out loud when I saw that. people have bumpstocks, they are not stupid enough to turn them in. ill never turn mine in. SORRY! too me its about principles, why should my right to own something be taken away all because of the actions of someone else?? that logic doesn't make any sense.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012

normally... I would just sit here, read what you posted and clear out... but today is different... today I am going to post up... hopefully I can restrain myself just enough to keep from getting banned...

You should move... yes... move the f**k out of Maryland... I've read in other posts that your family has been here a long time... in Maryland... I am sure you have quite the story to tell of how your family helped keep this State BRIGHT RED... oh wait... on second thought... you must really have no f**king clue how politics works in Maryland... I really don't care who you vote for... I think you should just write in Mickey Mouse... Your vote don't mean s**t to me... why don't you just stay the f**k home on election day... If your 1 vote matters on that day, I will eat my words... but today, I won't... You seem to have enough brimstone in your words that you would make one hell of a candidate... Are you on the ballot? No...? Why not? You got all the f**king answers... Guess what? Get on the ballot as an R... Win... become the next R Governor in a DEEP BLUE State... and then show us how you are gonna change the State with all your passion... Ha... I don't think so, Scooter... Maryland got this way over time... and 1 election cycle or 2 or 10 ain't gonna make it YOUR kinda' utopia... unless you're really pullin' for the Dems... Either Hogan.. who IS the R candidate... or some f**king piece of s**t Dem is gonna be the next Gov... go on and help the Ds by pi**ing away any chance we have at change... no matter how small in the RIGHT direction, Hogan ain't nearly as bad as the BEST Democrat... we know they wanna take our guns... go on and help em'... I sure the f**k won't...

I'm a registered Democrat and have been as long as I have been able to vote... No D will ever get my vote in the general election... EVER...:mad54:

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    normally... I would just sit here, read what you posted and clear out... but today is different... today I am going to post up... hopefully I can restrain myself just enough to keep from getting banned...

You should move... yes... move the f**k out of Maryland... I've read in other posts that your family has been here a long time... in Maryland... I am sure you have quite the story to tell of how your family helped keep this State BRIGHT RED... oh wait... on second thought... you must really have no f**king clue how politics works in Maryland... I really don't care who you vote for... I think you should just write in Mickey Mouse... Your vote don't mean s**t to me... why don't you just stay the f**k home on election day... If your 1 vote matters on that day, I will eat my words... but today, I won't... You seem to have enough brimstone in your words that you would make one hell of a candidate... Are you on the ballot? No...? Why not? You got all the f**king answers... Guess what? Get on the ballot as an R... Win... become the next R Governor in a DEEP BLUE State... and then show us how you are gonna change the State with all your passion... Ha... I don't think so, Scooter... Maryland got this way over time... and 1 election cycle or 2 or 10 ain't gonna make it YOUR kinda' utopia... unless you're really pullin' for the Dems... Either Hogan.. who IS the R candidate... or some f**king piece of s**t Dem is gonna be the next Gov... go on and help the Ds by pi**ing away any chance we have at change... no matter how small in the RIGHT direction, Hogan ain't nearly as bad as the BEST Democrat... we know they wanna take our guns... go on and help em'... I sure the f**k won't...

I'm a registered Democrat and have been as long as I have been able to vote... No D will ever get my vote in the general election... EVER...:mad54:

Funny how much we think alike

Been actively looking out of md for years now even though my folks came over at the time of the arc and dove, it’s a shame what mds became by folks voting for the lesser of two evils and such

As for me, too many skeletons and too much old troubles to be any kind of candidate

And I have also been a registered dem my whole life and I also have never and will never vote dem because of something my grand pap told me when I was about 7 and as far as I can tell is Hogan’s a dem with a r beside his name and he’s s grabber so he also won’t get my vote again

So anyway you have a nice evening and thanks for the note

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville

WOW, so much passion and brimstone. Maybe you should run for Gov. :rolleyes:

I would be voting for Hogan if he didn't sign the bumpstock and 1302 bills. He did though, with a smile on his face.

People like you say "he has to play the politics game in MD." Well tell me and the rest of us Oh Wise One, how much Democrat stuff will he have to shove down your throat before he can start getting Republican bills to pass?

Wait, you mean he can't do anything Republican worthy in his 2nd and last term?
    Wait, you mean if we vote in 6 more Republican Gov's, they too will shove Democratic bills down our throats because they too have to play the "political game?"

You can have your opinion and vote, and we'll have ours. At least be an adult about it and leave all the cussing out. Your rant looks like it was typed by a 11 yr old that just learned some new swear words.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Lots of strong beliefs and opinions on both sides. The sad truth is that we do not have a viable gubernatorial candidate who will support 2A rights in MD. Regarding 2A, it doesn't seem to matter who gets elected governor. Of course, there might be other considerations, like taxes and the economy, etc. Excluding the 2A for a moment, would someone with a D behind their name be better or worse for our lives in general? I can't speak for anyone else, but while I admit that firearms are an important part of my life, they really are only a small part of my life in general. It's easy to focus on them as a single issue, but most of us live more complex lives than that single issue.

It sure feels as though we got the short end of the stick this year. Probably because we did. Same thing in 2013. We were betrayed. We can continue to piss in each other's Cheerios until the cows come home, but all we're doing is hating on each other for expressing what we each believe is our individual best course of action. Once again, our choices are not so much to vote FOR a candidate, but against someone who will most likely be worse. This lesser of evils crap is overwhelming and frustrating.

Many of us are hoping/praying for an electable candidate who will support conservative values like fiscal responsibility, as well as honoring the laws and constitution of both Maryland and the U.S., and especially honoring the 2A. And that person just doesn't seem to exist. In Maryland we have already lost the war. We are outnumbered, and getting more so every day. When we measure our occasional meager successes in terms of limiting bad legislation, rather than the repeal of truly bad legislation (like FSA 2013), we've lost the war.

It's probably worth the effort to continue to try to resist the onslaught of the liberal cancer, but we're paddling upstream against an overwhelming current. Until the U.S. Supreme Court publishes rulings that have a beneficial effect on our rights in MD, we're fighting a losing battle. The best we can do right now is wage a holding action to resist what we can, and try to survive. And if that means voting for Hogan, who has proven he isn't a friend to the 2A, but IS a friend to our state's economy, maybe that's a bitter pill we ought to think about swallowing.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Did the redistricting matter somehow already get resolved, or does it still figure in the calculus of who we vote for, and why?

It won't be resolved until after the 2020 census, of course. The direction may be influenced by whoever is the governor at that time; the SCOTUS may also have input into the process.

It's definitely something to consider, unless your calculus limits you to simple black vs white choices, in which case you can just walk away from the fight, because neither side is good enough for you.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    That was an awful lot of words when the above would have stated your answer to my question much more succinctly.

Rather than sidestepping the real issues and telling me the response you want to hear, maybe you should address my actual response, which takes into account the reality of the situation on the ground.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Why after decades did the MGA want to gut the HPRB? Doesn't the Governor seat that board? Ask any Democrat if Hogan is pro 2A, and word on their street says so. I think people are fooling themselves at how much worse it can get quickly with every branch Democratic. Dumais is already focused on Ghost guns after the Clarksburg HS fiasco. Zirkin looked like he never knew we could legally have 30rd magazines, only took him five years to figure that out. Think that wouldn't get revisited post haste with Baker?

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Rather than sidestepping the real issues and telling me the response you want to hear, maybe you should address my actual response, which takes into account the reality of the situation on the ground.

Reality: firearm owners are defending a gun grabber. Ridiculous. That's the real issue.

You and those who hold a similar opinion to yours are voting for gun control. Another nibble gone from the gun rights cake, but at least it's not some other grabber in the donkey suit. The donkeys are evil.

Godking Hogan will make it all better. All we'll need to do is surrender our guns and our butts for free tolls.

image.jpg

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Either Hogan's true colors are revealed or he is a sell out to get re-elected either way he is more dishonest than any gun grabbing democrat. I have said in the past many thought the worst case scenario, me included, is he would do nothing for gun owners. Boy was I wrong. I would rather fight tooth and nail a known enemy in front of me and lose than try and fight an enemy and now have to worry about an "ally" standing behind me waiting for the opportune time to stab me in the back.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Either Hogan's true colors are revealed or he is a sell out to get re-elected either way he is more dishonest than any gun grabbing democrat. I have said in the past many thought the worst case scenario, me included, is he would do nothing for gun owners. Boy was I wrong. I would rather fight tooth and nail a known enemy in front of me and lose than try and fight an enemy and now have to worry about an "ally" standing behind me waiting for the opportune time to stab me in the back.

Watch out, speaking against the godking cult leader hogan will upset those who worship at the gun grabbers alter

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Well here's the truth of the matter, MD will be as close to a gun free zone as the courts will allow. The only thing we are arguing about here is how fast it happens. If we vote for people like hogan it will most likely be slower but will still move in that direction. If a party dem gets elected in it will be a normal speed. So lets not get the trend lost in fight of who is in the fight or giving up the fight. The only thing left is the battle over the speed at which gun control laws are passed and enacted.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Well here's the truth of the matter, MD will be as close to a gun free zone as the courts will allow. The only thing we are arguing about here is how fast it happens. If we vote for people like hogan it will most likely be slower but will still move in that direction. If a party dem gets elected in it will be a normal speed. So lets not get the trend lost in fight of who is in the fight or giving up the fight. The only thing left is the battle over the speed at which gun control laws are passed and enacted.

BINGO!

As long as both parties are asking for more gun control at every turn and voting for it as most supposedly republican reps did this year and republican governors like hogan gleefully sign gun control and confiscation schemes into law and have smiley faced photo ops when signing them into law then Maryland is truly lost.

Either politicians need to understand that this behavior gets them fired or we get more gun control whenever they wish no matter what party is in control or what letter is beside which politicians name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom