• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I am not sure how the application is worded, can you list the sites HR office/officer? At one time the HR department at at least one fed site wanted all employment verification and such to go through their office

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    My boss was never anti-gun but kind of ambivalent, as his wife would not let him buy a gun. Until 2020 when we were having a general friendly conversation and he started asking me gun questions. I guess with all the violence in 2020 they figured they better get strapped or get clapped. My company used to be fairly conservative with our IT literally keeping guns at work, and in his car. Hell, he worked on guns for me, even had gun posters on his wall. One day the old man who owned the company strolled in and looed around his office walls and told him to come with him to his office. The IT guy thought he was getting fired, but the old man pulled out an old .32 her carried everywhere, to show off to him. The old man was in the Army and I guess realized the value of being prepared. He died a few years ago, and his son took the company over, an while I don't think he's radical left, the company has gone in a different direction with far more lefties in. I think as long as my current boss doesn't leave, I'll be ok for a reference.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    Seems like an easy lawsuit to win. What other constitutional rights require references? Seems like it isn't a right if you can be denied for not voluntarily giving out private information.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    My boss was never anti-gun but kind of ambivalent, as his wife would not let him buy a gun.
    LOL! Not sure if ambivalent is the word you were looking for here!
    Seems like an easy lawsuit to win. What other constitutional rights require references? Seems like it isn't a right if you can be denied for not voluntarily giving out private information.
    That reminds me. I really need to get a couple of references together so that I can vote in the primaries. I hope the MSP has time to interview them.

SigFan

NRA Life Member MSI Supporter
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 18, 2007
    I'm not sure what your concern is if you apply after retirement. He won't be your boss then even if the contract is doing work in his area.
    I should have been clearer he controls the contract and that if I came back he controls who is hired or not $$$$.
    Sig Fan

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I bet MSP stops contacting them and says nothing about it to us. References are G & S so no go

They don’t want to let go of the last vestiges of control and intimidation they have left

Thank you Clarence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BW460

Mar 8, 2012
    I'm lucky. My new company owns a hunting lease in Texas where we take clients. I would say at least 80 percent of the staff have guns.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Honestly, I don't remember details of it (I was just frantically filling out fields to get it submitted ASAP :o ), but how much employer info did they want? I put down the name of my "company," and maybe a general phone number (that would most likely end up leading to my desk anyway...heck, I might have given them my work cell number), but I don't think I gave the names of any supervisors, co-workers, etc. It wasn't even on the reference page...was it?

Has the app changed in the past two weeks, or am I mistaken? :shrug:

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    My employer won't care, but I am thinking about applying without listing any references whatsoever. I can bankroll a lawsuit at the lower court level. What's the typical payout for infringing on constiutional rights? Might be a good money making opportunity. I don't "need" a CCW permit urgently.

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    So they want your employment history from the last five years, I had to stop working four years ago. From a company that has since gone out of business and shut down. Good luck to them with that one.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I should have been clearer he controls the contract and that if I came back he controls who is hired or not $$$$.
    Sig Fan
    While I know reality may be different, he is not supposed to have any say in who is hired, all he can ask for is the position is filled by a qualified person.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Every part of the application process is designed to discourage you from pursuing the license to carry permit.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Calling your boss is a total ******** thing to make people scared of applying. I am lucky I have a pistol safe bolted to my desk and my boss is also one of my references

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    Pennsylvania requires two references.

Shortly after I get my W&C, I intend to drive up to York and get my LTCF.

References are no longer a PA requirement, although some counties still have it on the application. I know my county does not have it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    My employer won't care, but I am thinking about applying without listing any references whatsoever. I can bankroll a lawsuit at the lower court level. What's the typical payout for infringing on constiutional rights? Might be a good money making opportunity. I don't "need" a CCW permit urgently.
    If you don't supply references the computer won't let you complete and submit the application. So contact your lawyer and start your lawsuit you will be able to submit your application when the injunction is granted or the case is decided whichever comes first.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I'm extremely positive everyone at my job knows I'm very pro-gun. Half joke-ish that if anything violent went down, they'd run to get me for help. Hopefully this will have the unintended consequence of normalizing the exercise of the 2a once people see how many and how diverse those getting carry permits are.

My inbox is currently blowing up by some pretty left-leaning friends asking how to get carry permits.

All that said, any licensing scheme is an unconstitutional infringement. Needing to submit to the government and have your submission be accepted by the government in order to exercise an unalienable right is as tyrannical as those words sound.
    Tell them the first step is they have to vote Republican! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom