• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • narcolepticsniper

That one guy
    Jul 4, 2009
    Indiana
    Here's a challenge- I have 500 to make a decent shotgun for myself to use for three gun. I know I won't find a Benelli M2, but anybody have some suggestions for me?
    Not counting a mag extension. I can squeeze the funds for that above the five bills. So really $500 for a base gun and extras are just that - extra.

redrumtc

Dec 10, 2008
    howard co
    Stoger buddy m2000 now they make it to hold 3 1/2 shells. But with mine I have take turkey duck and goose with only change the chock from truck to duck plus they come with them. 300 rounds no jam nothing. All for under 600$

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    See if you can come across a used Rem 1100 tac 4. I have one as do a number of other members here. Extended loading button, a 4 round extension, and 4 chokes all factory. They run 8-9 new. You might be able to find one in the 5-7 range used.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I bought a used Remington 11-87P for $500. I needed to put one of those mag release extenders on it. That was another $80 including installation. 6+1 out of the box.

eightshot627

Apr 10, 2008
    Thurmont
    Here is what mine is:

Old Remington 1100 in the back of the safe unloved for years

$90 26 inch vent rib fixed modified choke barrel from above cut to 22 inches, threaded for Rem-chokes and the front bead reinstalled to look like the Competition Master/Tac4
    $35 Dave’s Metal Works EZ loader
    $45 Plus 4 extension tube for 8 plus 1 capacity and even with the 22 inch barrel
    $15 HIVIZ magnetic fiber optic sight
    $185 Parts

So you just need to find an 1100 or 1187 for $315

Now the Old 1100 gets much love!

Walt

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    See if you can come across a used Rem 1100 tac 4. I have one as do a number of other members here. Extended loading button, a 4 round extension, and 4 chokes all factory. They run 8-9 new. You might be able to find one in the 5-7 range used.

I got a used 1100 tac 2 for just over $600. Of course, it only has a 2 rd extension with the 18.5 inch barrel. I think that makes it 6+1, but don't remember.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    I agree with the suggestions for a used either 1100 or 11-87. If it has wood furniture, you could use truck bed-liner spray paint to paint it black and give it a non-skid surface. Then I would do what eightshot did to his. What soft of shells will you be using for 3-gun? The only issue is that the older 1100s don't accept the range of potential ammunition that a newer design can take.

Joe

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    A couple of years ago, I picked up a 1972 Remington 1100 for $100.00.
    It hadn't been fired in 25 years.

I found an article online for turning a 'standard' 1100 into a "Competition Master".

Here's what my "Competition Master Clone" looked like, when first 'built'.

1100CMCloneII.jpg

1100CMClone.jpg

I took off the Speedfeed III pistol-gripped stock and put on a 'conventional' Speedfeed III stock. (The pistol-grip just didn't feel 'right' to me.)

The Competition Master "Carrier Assembly" is worth the price, for EVERY 1100!!
    Instead of having to 'push' the 'button', you only 'nudge' it, now.

Here's a list of parts to convert the 1100 to make your own "Competition Master Clone".
    (These are Remington parts, btw!!)

1100CompetitionMasterclonepartslist.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom