Here We Go Again.....Midsouth Shooters Wants Signed Waivers For Maryland Ammo Buyers.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    This sounds like it night be related to what Midsouth has started doing:

According to Giffords:

In Maryland, no person may sell, rent or transfer ammunition solely designed for a handgun or assault weapon to a person under age 21.
    Rent ammo? These people aspire to be as bright as Hank Johnson...

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Here's info from another vendor (Lucky Gunner):

Under MD PUBLIC SAFETY § 5-134, it is illegal to sell or transfer ammunition for a regulated firearm to persons under 21 years of age. Therefore, Lucky Gunner requires all Maryland residents to verify their age prior to shipment. This may require you to provide us with a copy of your driver's license or other government issued photo ID showing your date of birth.

Apparently Lucky Gunner won't sell any ammo to 18-20 year olds, even if it's not for a "regulated firearm."

It appears to me that Midsouth has been more clumsy in their attempt to comply with the same regulation.

They replied...
    Hello Sir,
    We have added a service to help keep us aware of the ever-changing laws placed on our space. And unfortunately MD is one of the states that has restrictions added now, we are able to send the ammo, or reloading components once the assertion of intent and Government ID is returned.

Thanks,
    Mrs. Jordan Stagner
    Customer Service

www.midsouthshooterssupply.com
    1-800-272-3000

@BurkeM @esqappellate Do either of you know about these new restrictions in Maryland? I have not heard of anything and would prefer to provide an informed response.
    My response to their reply...
    I am a Maryland Second Amendment activist and an active member of Maryland Shall Issue (MSI). I have confirmed there are no new laws, nor proposed new laws regarding the sale of ammunition in Maryland.
    We believe Midsouth Shooters Supply (MSS) has misinterpreted something from The Gifford's Law Center regarding Maryland ammo sales to people under 21 (no handgun ammo sales) and people under 18 (no ammo sales).
    https://giffords.org/lawcenter/stat...son may sell ammunition,a person under age 18.
    I hope your legal team can get this sorted out soon, as there is already a call to boycott MSS brewing.

Kyle

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Here's info from another vendor (Lucky Gunner):

Under MD PUBLIC SAFETY § 5-134, it is illegal to sell or transfer ammunition for a regulated firearm to persons under 21 years of age. Therefore, Lucky Gunner requires all Maryland residents to verify their age prior to shipment. This may require you to provide us with a copy of your driver's license or other government issued photo ID showing your date of birth.

Apparently Lucky Gunner won't sell any ammo to 18-20 year olds, even if it's not for a "regulated firearm."

It appears to me that Midsouth has been more clumsy in their attempt to comply with the same regulation.
    Clumsy is being very generous! :lol2:

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    For reference:

Definition of "regulated firearm":

Although we (MDS members) know that everything except "handgun" listed therein is not just 'regulated,' but is 'banned,' it's easy to see how out of state businesses would get confused, especially since the statute calls them "assault weapons" and specifies copies.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It's already posted where most people have access to it.

Items 4 and 5 have some merit ???

But 1-3 are just :crazy:

None of it has ANY merit. Storing ammo so that no unlicensed individual can access it? You don’t need a license for ammo, to buy it or otherwise. Fvck these commie pricks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Obviously we only use .357 in lever guns. Assault weapons were banned. :sarcasm:

Hey ! I do actually have rifles in 9mm , .357, , .40S&W, .44 , and .45 Colt . Lack of 10mm and. 45acp rifles is purely coincidental. ( But I do have a .45acp Contender bbl , and single shot. 223 rifle .)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Let me translate that to regular people speak, "f?ck off if you don't like it cuz we don't need your business"

Re Translated :

We can't keep up with all the BS laws everywhere, so we hired a third party service provider to track all the BS gun laws , and they periodically forward us a summary .

That said , what they've come up with here is off the wall , with no relationship to Maryland law .

OTOH , they're not refusing to sell to us , unlike other well known companies.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    They replied...
    Hello Sir,
    We have added a service to help keep us aware of the ever-changing laws placed on our space. And unfortunately MD is one of the states that has restrictions added now, we are able to send the ammo, or reloading components once the assertion of intent and Government ID is returned.

Thanks,
    Mrs. Jordan Stagner
    Customer Service

www.midsouthshooterssupply.com
    1-800-272-3000

@BurkeM @esqappellate Do either of you know about these new restrictions in Maryland? I have not heard of anything and would prefer to provide an informed response.

No such statute exists. MoCo passed an ammo restriction bill wayyy back, which has been ruled unconstitutional

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom