• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Hmm. That won’t cause any issues shooting wise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It shouldn't as long as everything is concentric to the bore.
    It seems to fit your need and the price is right. Just read up on it some more. I'm sure some members here will have opinions about it as well

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    It shouldn't as long as everything is concentric to the bore.
    It seems to fit your need and the price is right. Just read up on it some more. I'm sure some members here will have opinions about it as well

Will do. I appreciate it.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Just food for thought. You mentioned before you wanted other uppers like the 350 or 450 for hunting. If you want a suppressor maybe you should get a 300 black out upper in short barrel, subsonic loads and put the suppressor on that. 223/5.56 supersonic is going to be quiet(er), but still quite loud.

Just helping you out and giving you a reason for yet, another upper. :D

BTW, he was measuring a Moose Knuckle. Its only a camel toe if he's photo'ing his girl holding it.

Also, you said no room for a reloading stand. Nonsense!!
    • COMPACT: Stable enough to leave standing, but can be easily folded up for convenient storage or for travel
    Amazon product ASIN B00HTN98X6
    1634389902876-png.7722025

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Just food for thought. You mentioned before you wanted other uppers like the 350 or 450 for hunting. If you want a suppressor maybe you should get a 300 black out upper in short barrel, subsonic loads and put the suppressor on that. 223/5.56 supersonic is going to be quiet(er), but still quite loud.

Just helping you out and giving you a reason for yet, another upper. :D

BTW, he was measuring a Moose Knuckle. Its only a camel toe if he's photo'ing his girl holding it.

Also, you said no room for a reloading stand. Nonsense!!

Amazon product ASIN B00HTN98X6
    1634389902876-png.7722025

So my next build is going to be a 300blk and also a 450(gonna just buy a complete upper) but I plan to purchase a suppressor for the 5.56/300 and something that can fit maybe a 450 is possible.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Damn, guess I need to find something smaller. The only question I got is since my barrel is 12.5 will an actual 12” hg work without any issue? Seeing that was what my handguard was suppose to be instead of 12.4.

A 10" will work just fine. I have a 10" BCM KMR Alpha on my 12.5" SBR. The QD clears the handguard nicely and didn't cause any issues mounting the QD and then mounting the can.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    So my next build is going to be a 300blk and also a 450(gonna just buy a complete upper) but I plan to purchase a suppressor for the 5.56/300 and something that can fit maybe a 450 is possible.

I'd recommend 2 cans. One in 30 cal and the other to accommodate the 450.

For the 30 cal, Silencer Shop is doing a free tax stamp promo on the YHM Resonator R2. It is a good can. I have one that hops 223 and 30 cal hosts with no issues.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    A 10" will work just fine. I have a 10" BCM KMR Alpha on my 12.5" SBR. The QD clears the handguard nicely and didn't cause any issues mounting the QD and then mounting the can.

I donno if I wanna go that big, but I don’t know anything really about them. I gotta find the suppressor thread if there is one.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    I'd recommend 2 cans. One in 30 cal and the other to accommodate the 450.

For the 30 cal, Silencer Shop is doing a free tax stamp promo on the YHM Resonator R2. It is a good can. I have one that hops 223 and 30 cal hosts with no issues.

Is that a direct bolt on to your muzzle or its threaded on?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I donno if I wanna go that big, but I don’t know anything really about them. I gotta find the suppressor thread if there is one.

The KMR is shorter than the barrel, so you don't have to worry about getting a can under the handguard.

I also have a 9" KMR on my 10.5" SBR. No issues for mounting the QD flash hider or putting the can on it or taking the can off.

A handguard that is shorter than the barrel is the easiest way to do what you want.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Is that a direct bolt on to your muzzle or its threaded on?

Muzzle device threads into the barrel just like your flash hider does. There are oversize threads on the outside of the muzzle device that allow the can to thread onto the muzzle device and lock in place with no tools required to put it on or take it off.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Muzzle device threads into the barrel just like your flash hider does. There are oversize threads on the outside of the muzzle device that allow the can to thread onto the muzzle device and lock in place with no tools required to put it on or take it off.

Ok so I’m running the strike industries venom on this build, so the suppressor will basically bolt on to that no issues?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Ok so I’m running the strike industries venom on this build, so the suppressor will basically bolt on to that no issues?

No. Muzzle devices are manufacturer proprietary. If you go with a YHM, you can only use the YHM QD muzzle devices to mount the can. Same thing if you go with a Silencerco or Surefire.

Honestly, it isn't as bad as you might think. I have YHM muzzle devices on all the rifles I want to suppress.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    No. Muzzle devices are manufacturer proprietary. If you go with a YHM, you can only use the YHM QD muzzle devices to mount the can. Same thing if you go with a Silencerco or Surefire.

Honestly, it isn't as bad as you might think. I have YHM muzzle devices on all the rifles I want to suppress.

Ah ok. Honestly if I have suppressors I don’t think I’d shoot unsuppressed

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    You have to take the can off to clean the can and your gun. Easier to do with a QD muzzle device.

If I can shoot something suppressed, I do it.

True, I like the YHM look and size and price lol. Still gonna look at some others. So you said I can get a 30cal that will work on the 300blk and 5.56 and then get something for the 450

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom