• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    So a deamon possessed person is kept in your basement that makes beds levitate, stabs crucifixes in their own nether regions, spin their heads 360 degrees, has a severe case of chapped lips, and puck pee green soup everywhere. Now that explains why I heard Mike Oldfield's song Tubular Bells playing when I went by your house last Saturday night.

You should see this place on Holloween.....

You live in Georgetown?

No, they filmed that movie in Mount Airy and called it Georgetown.

Man of few words. Or did that dislocated femur slip out of place again? Thanks again.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    They are Shaw Walkers.

Then it's quite possible.

But here's the thing... In most filing cabinets the asbestos is in th seal around the drawer(s), and possibly in the drawer head itself (where there's often not much room for a lot of poured insulation)

I don't think you'll have any problems at all as long as you don't disturb it.

When I drill them, I just have a spray bottle of water handy, and spray the dust as it comes out to prevent it from becoming airborne.

But for regular use, don't worry about it. There are thousands of these this still in use today. If it were any kind of a problem at all, I'm sure the EPA or other government agency would have ordered them removed and destroyed years ago.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Then it's quite possible.

But here's the thing... In most filing cabinets the asbestos is in th seal around the drawer(s), and possibly in the drawer head itself (where there's often not much room for a lot of poured insulation)

I don't think you'll have any problems at all as long as you don't disturb it.

When I drill them, I just have a spray bottle of water handy, and spray the dust as it comes out to prevent it from becoming airborne.

But for regular use, don't worry about it. There are thousands of these this still in use today. If it were any kind of a problem at all, I'm sure the EPA or other government agency would have ordered them removed and destroyed years ago.

Thanks for the info. These seem to to have the same poured-in-place white chalky stuff in the faces as in the body. No door seal, just a metal lip. I'm going to ask my asbestos guy what it would cost to test the material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom