• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Now that I have your attention, I'm in a delema. I need to get two 400lb filing cabinets into my basement (Safecracker is smiling about now).

Since the Wife is making more money that I am, I can't afford to damage her and I have too much to live for to try it by myself.

I have about 400 rounds of Remington Thunderbolt .22 that I'll pay. If you don't have enough lead lining in you barrel, this is the ammo for you! Might be able to come up with some Wolf Classic in .223 too. Let me know your price!

IMG_0581.JPG
    IMG_0579.JPG
    IMG_0580.JPG

Oh, and I live in Mount Airy.

These have to go down these three steps and through that door.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Now that I have your attention, I'm in a delema. I need to get two 400lb filing cabinets into my basement (Safecracker is smiling about now).

Since the Wife is making more money that I am, I can't afford to damage her and I have too much to live for to try it by myself.

I have about 400 rounds of Remington Thunderbolt .22 that I'll pay. If you don't have enough lead lining in you barrel, this is the ammo for you! Might be able to come up with some Wolf Classic in .223 too. Let me know your price!

View attachment 93083
    View attachment 93084
    View attachment 93086

Oh, and I live in Mount Airy.

These have to go down these three steps and through that door.

A nice tidbit of info to help you out:

If you open the door first, you won't "have to go THROUGH the door", jus' through the doorway. :rolleyes::lol2:

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    yes to that!

It is white, but it looks like some type of poured in place fireproofing. It's not fibrous like any asbestos I've ever delt with.

if it for sure aint asbestos, what a great score! but....

do you have a manufacturing date?

some of the asbestos lined filing cabinets feature asbestos in a poured concrete matrix, so it doesn't look like the typical fibrous asbestos you often (used to) see in fireplace tiles etc. But they are still potentially hazardous enough I'd avoid them

I had a good friend who was paranoid about losing his files to fire, so he had asbestos lined filing cabinets in his office/lab. He died of mesothelioma.

fire is quicker, and more merciful. take care, amigo!

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Wish I was closer I could have moved that by myself. Moving heavy stuff is part of what I do full time. 400 LBS is nothing to take down 3 steps.

Let me know if you run into any problems I may be able to make the ride up after work with the proper tools.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Monday after 5 works fo me too.

You should be able to find the place. You can come down the driveway instead of the bushes.

To Hell with that... Ramming Speed!!!

Oh, and just pm me your address arcamm and I'll be there :)

I have to look into the door thing. I got two cabinets, one for files and one to crash through the door.

Thanks. I'll send the PM.

I can help you tomorrow, I work in Mt Airy and get off at 4pm. Is that too early?

Not if you don't mind hanging out until the others get here. I think I have enough beer.

I'll PM the address.

Wish I was closer I could have moved that by myself. Moving heavy stuff is part of what I do full time. 400 LBS is nothing to take down 3 steps.

Let me know if you run into any problems I may be able to make the ride up after work with the proper tools.

Thanks, the right tool makes thing so easy. I'm hoping some muscle will get the job done. Without injury.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom