• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I beat a rabid groundhog to death with a shovel once.

Cool! I skewered one with a garden fork years ago while helping the in-laws with some spring digging in the vegetable garden. It wasn't rabid AFAIK but I really think I almost got bitten.

I'm guessing I got between it and its hole that was in the nearby fence row when it came charging toward me.

tmschrader1

Jan 10, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Cool! I skewered one with a garden fork years ago while helping the in-laws with some spring digging in the vegetable garden. It wasn't rabid AFAIK but I really think I almost got bitten.

I'm guessing I got between it and its hole that was in the nearby fence row when it came charging toward me.

Would have loved to have witnessed that :party29:

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh

Some reason this comes to mind:

22142083.jpg

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I actually did the same thing with the handle of a crab net, it was chasing everyone around where we were fishing.

Yup, this one was chasing people, stalking people, following people, jumping out of the bushes at people.
    It's very interesting to hear you ran into one doing the same thing.

Short Version:

Showed up at the house we were remodeling, acting strange and aggressive. We chased it off. I couldn't get a response from "Animal Control", HoCo cop came out, but we couldn't find it.

Two days later it came back, chasing people, acting very aggressive like I said. It needed killing, so I did. It charged right at me: at a range of six feet I shot it with my Kimber Pepper Blaster. It was instantly bowled over like it had been hit by a sledge hammer- very, very impressive performance by the Pepper Blaster. I then immediately finished it off with the shovel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom