• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    In a current civil war both sides would be shooting 5.56 and 7.62x39 would go bye bye?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    A civil war would be fought with death squads and IEDs.

Maybe a .38 snubnose Chief's Special.

News_podcast_pulitzer_1969-e1431460840302.jpg

Forget about uniformed infantry holding a line, or charging with bugles and flags.

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    What was the bet?

I said the majority would use 5.56 he said it wouldn't matter, they'll shoot what is around. If i lose I buy his beer and if he loses he buys my beer. The way we determine is to tally up the responses (after 1 month).

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    I said the majority would use 5.56 he said it wouldn't matter, they'll shoot what is around. If i lose I buy his beer and if he loses he buys my beer. The way we determine is to tally up the responses (after 1 month).

Last edited:

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    First if your noting a Civil War with the current I.Q of the listed Leftist Communist theology groups are all arising because there co-conspirator didn't get elected and would have supported there rain of change.

Antifa, Workers World Party, Color of Change, Onward Together, Indivisible, MoveOn.org, By Any Means Necessary, or BAMN, UltraViolet, Industrial Workers of the World, Organizing for Action.

Now the New format it to Act as the Liberators and change the narrative to make the people who voted Trump into office the Hate Mongers etc... They want the "Right" to use the their weapons to be able to point the Blame and utilize the Media to back the accusations.

Thereby with the Feckless Politicians in place will target our Rights "Thinking" that they are protecting us but rather crippling us into there world "1984".

I won't note Tactics in this forum because they would be very "Nasty".

556 is a wounding round NOT a Kill round. 762x39 is a Killing Round. 545 is on the same track to wound not kill...

We Think 556 was a better choice when actually it was related to monetary and weight not effectiveness.

IMO 762 Nato is a better route. as well as the Russian equal 762x54...

Wounding is fine in a open arena of battle, but I believe if there ever was to be a civil war it would be urban because that is were the enemy lies because in the open they won't stand a chance.

to opine your Bet is vague and inconclusive due to your Civil War comment because WE Are NOT SHOOTING each other there is only a War of words and Ideals.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    And because you can use the charging handle to push the BCG into battery...

They make this little thing on the side of the receiver called a forward assist...

Oh no. According to this impossible-to-obtain Magpul DVD, the forward assist will get you killed every single time when you do nighttime pressure checks. That's why Chuck Norris always uses the CH to drive the BCG.

Meanwhile, everybody knows civil wars are always fought with .58 caliber minie balls. Huzzah, Lads! Up! And at them!

This is what a civil war looks like:

Attachments

• Death Squad.jpg
      Death Squad.jpg
      102 KB · Views: 345

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    First if your noting a Civil War with the current I.Q of the listed Leftist Communist theology groups are all arising because there co-conspirator didn't get elected and would have supported there rain of change.

Antifa, Workers World Party, Color of Change, Onward Together, Indivisible, MoveOn.org, By Any Means Necessary, or BAMN, UltraViolet, Industrial Workers of the World, Organizing for Action.

Now the New format it to Act as the Liberators and change the narrative to make the people who voted Trump into office the Hate Mongers etc... They want the "Right" to use the their weapons to be able to point the Blame and utilize the Media to back the accusations.

Thereby with the Feckless Politicians in place will target our Rights "Thinking" that they are protecting us but rather crippling us into there world "1984".

I won't note Tactics in this forum because they would be very "Nasty".

556 is a wounding round NOT a Kill round. 762x39 is a Killing Round. 545 is on the same track to wound not kill...

We Think 556 was a better choice when actually it was related to monetary and weight not effectiveness.

IMO 762 Nato is a better route. as well as the Russian equal 762x54...

Wounding is fine in a open arena of battle, but I believe if there ever was to be a civil war it would be urban because that is were the enemy lies because in the open they won't stand a chance.

to opine your Bet is vague and inconclusive due to your Civil War comment because WE Are NOT SHOOTING each other there is only a War of words and Ideals.

Uh, weight considerations are certainly important in regards to effectiveness. I'd rather have 210 rounds of 5.56 that can be fired effectively full auto from a shouldered rifle or rapidly and accurately in semiauto then 100rnds that is completely spray and pray on full auto and isn't as accurate or at least not as rapid fire in semiauto.

With a more civilian type kit where it is going to be more skirmished with limited to no body armor weighing you down the weight difference may not be as important, but you can still carry more ammo for the same weight.

Also since we aren't talking Geneva convention here, gold dots and other expanding ammo make the 5.56 a very effective round. Heck even MHPBT is pretty effective.

I'd love to have an AR-10 or some other .308 as a battle rifle or SHTF rifle, but 5.56 still serves better for a lot of reasons and .308 serves better in only an very limited range of circumstances. It makes a great hunting rifle, sniper rifle and fixed position battle rifle. Not the kind of thing I'd want to be humping all over hell and beyond. Maybe if I was part of a squad or platoon where everyone else was backing me up and I was acting as the designated marksman.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The only way to win a caliber war is not to play.

That said, I own 5.56 and 7.62x39 so I will definitely win. They are all tack drivers so my guess is they wont get within 500 yards.

Artillery and drones will win. Got 60mm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom