• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Why? Should burn the powder in 16" and won't throw fireballs

I think he's more concerned about an AR10 with a 12 1/2'' bbl we had discussed further back. I think of it as a 300blk with very hairy balls. Someone comes at you with one of those at close range, you'll likely $hit yourself to death!

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I think he's more concerned about an AR10 with a 12 1/2'' bbl we had discussed further back. I think of it as a 300blk with very hairy balls. Someone comes at you with one of those at close range, you'll likely $hit yourself to death!

If my can was rated for shorter, I would go shorter but it's not .

Was briefly talking about building a new upper for my AR10 with Chad, but looking at the cost, probably cheaper just to buy the dpms g2 recon, put an Slr Gas block and a muzzle device that accepts my suppressor.

GoldGunsGirls

May 30, 2012
    Rockville
    Jeez.... lots of info to digest when moving to MD and branching out beyond AR-15s. What about the conversion process makes a converted VEPR illegal in MD? What is actually converted during the process? What's the going rate on VEPRs these days?

Is this one converted?

W8sC0LN.jpg

scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    I'll second Pale Riders post. I too picked up a DPMS Oracle in the .308 recently for < $900. The newer GII versions run higher and had a wait time when I last tried. Put on some MI pop up Iron sights and zeroed it in at 50yards. Arriving today was the Primary Arms (Holosun) ACSS CQB red dot that has been backordered for a couple months that will be paired with a 3x magnifier. Will get out and zero that @100 within the next couple weeks. Overall, ~$1500.

Brownl345

Jan 9, 2015
    Howard County
    I know this is outside the OP's budget, but after several failures on the battle rifle front, I went with the Daniel Defense DD5v1. It is a SOLID rifle.

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    Anybody have experience with the Palmetto State Armory AR10s? Saw them for ~900 and wondered what I would get for my money.
    I have one in 20" stainless and fit and finish is nice,ive only run about 20 shots through but it ran fine and I'm pretty sure I only have $800ish into pre-optic.

I guess that's too easy of an option for guys in here.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I heard that the PA-10 might have had mag compatibility issues because it wasn't quite DPMS patterned. Perhaps this problem was taken care of after the initial release? Lots of YouTube videos describing PA-10 mag feeding issues from when they were first released (but some early burgers did say that PSA gunsmiths eventually fixed their rifles sent in for servicing).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I heard that the PA-10 might have had mag compatibility issues because it wasn't quite DPMS patterned. Perhaps this problem was taken care of after the initial release? Lots of YouTube videos describing PA-10 mag feeding issues from when they were first released (but some early burgers did say that PSA gunsmiths eventually fixed their rifles sent in for servicing).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have an uncompleted PSA 308 lower and its that way for a reason. They are not DPMS/SR25 compatible or Armalite compatible. You will need their upper receiver, free float, and some proprietary lower pins etc. I gave up trying to obtain the parts over a year ago... Go with DPMS, Fulton, or Mega instead... Mine is a paper weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom