• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I just had a very (VERY) positive experience with this Commander this week, (not that he actually wrote this, just saying). I am being told from people "in the know" that this guy doesn't mess around and may have an interest in cleaning up the licensing division a bit.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Good job! You deserve more credit than you are receiving

After not being able to sell 100 challenge coins to help offset the lawsuit we're self funding, we knew what we were in for lol. Appreciate the kid words though, as always.

I just had a very (VERY) positive experience with this Commander this week, (not that he actually wrote this, just saying). I am being told from people "in the know" that this guy doesn't mess around and may have an interest in cleaning up the licensing division a bit.

We will see I guess. The fact is that he is sticking to a lot of the stuff from the last administration that is obviously wrong.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    After not being able to sell 100 challenge coins to help offset the lawsuit we're self funding, we knew what we were in for lol.

Challenge coins? Was there a thread on these? Perhaps the Gofundme approach reaches more eyes? :shrug:

(and how about putting the link with brief description in your signature)

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Challenge coins? Was there a thread on these? Perhaps the Gofundme approach reaches more eyes? :shrug:

(and how about putting the link with brief description in your signature)

It was about a year ago, there were some threads. The go fund me was far more successful, maybe that's what we should have done in the first place for the lawsuit. I think we still have 20 coins or so left, may end up just including them with some special rifles we have coming out in the very near future.

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    Can someone post a summary please? I can't open the file on my phone. Thanks!

It was about a year ago, there were some threads. The go fund me was far more successful, maybe that's what we should have done in the first place for the lawsuit. I think we still have 20 coins or so left, may end up just including them with some special rifles we have coming out in the very near future.

If I knew you had some leftover, I would've picked up another one when I came down to the shop for that mossberg. ;)

If you want to revive the old thread, I'll bet you'll sell the rest. I'm still happy I got my lucky number on the first go around.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Never heard of such a coin.

It exists, I promise ��

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=164819

qnw2qd

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    I am not a big challenge coin person (except my MDS ones that is), I am happy that all of the money I donated to your gofundme, went direct to you, rather than some to a coin.

Thanks for your efforts here. Let us know if the tip jar needs to be hit again.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I am not a big challenge coin person (except my MDS ones that is), I am happy that all of the money I donated to your gofundme, went direct to you, rather than some to a coin.

Thanks for your efforts here. Let us know if the tip jar needs to be hit again.
    Same for me. Plus with the gofundme, I didn't have to pay tax.

marylandmark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Just so people know, Go Fund Me is great, however they take 7.9% + $0.30 for the convenience of using them.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I like how they totally admit they didn't actually post all the advisories even though they told you they did.

Someone sold out Engage to the MSP for doing a receiver transfer sans 77r. That's some ugly, ugly shit there. Makes me wonder if it was another dealer trying to screw them.

The firearms list the MSP up (that's not in the law) isn't binding and is never final. It's just them trying to terrorize people with their ignorance. They don't actually have the long gun in hand to make their determination. They claim they welcome outside advice and help, but apparently are not good at using it.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Someone sold out Engage to the MSP for doing a receiver transfer sans 77r. That's some ugly, ugly shit there. Makes me wonder if it was another dealer trying to screw them.

You know it was, there's a few dealers out there that love to hate on Engage. :sad20:

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I like how they totally admit they didn't actually post all the advisories even though they told you they did.

The firearms list the MSP up (that's not in the law) isn't binding and is never final. It's just them trying to terrorize people with their ignorance. They don't actually have the long gun in hand to make their determination. They claim they welcome outside advice and help, but apparently are not good at using it.

it also sounds like they need a citizen advocate on their determination board. how far are you from the LD office?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom