• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Well its official, ive started a jar to throw cash into for my next gun. The jar has quite a few 20s in it. It will be either a pistol caliber lever gun, or a repo 1874 Sharps Carbine. Question is, where should I go for one? Who makes the best of each? I love the thought of picking one up from Taylor's and Co..

What say ye Western gun lovers?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Well its official, ive started a jar to throw cash into for my next gun. The jar has quite a few 20s in it. It will be either a pistol caliber lever gun, or a repo 1874 Sharps Carbine. Question is, where should I go for one? Who makes the best of each? I love the thought of picking one up from Taylor's and Co..

What say ye Western gun lovers?

I guess the question is how much are you looking to spend and how authentic do you want it to be. I have a bunch of lever guns in 94s and 92s and 99s but I dont think any of them except maybe the Taurust 92 in .38/.357 are close to "wild west authentic". Chiappa is making some sweet WW guns.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    chop it :D

Attachments

• cg.JPG
      cg.JPG
      28 KB · Views: 500
    • cg2.JPG
      cg2.JPG
      28.6 KB · Views: 500

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Meh, I say a 10" Side by Side 12 GA with Spur Hammers

by the way, youll be seeing my SAA in a few days. Its been out of commision for long enough. will you be my huckleberry?

ray you are an enabler... i gotta save up a bit

i dont really care about old west authentic on the lever gun, id love to get a .357 and shoot .38s all day. im dragging my feet, but ill be into reloading soon wince wes was nice enough to teach me how. that explains the 45-70 craze. i have enough modern stuff!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    by the way, youll be seeing my SAA in a few days. Its been out of commision for long enough. will you be my huckleberry?

ray you are an enabler... i gotta save up a bit

i dont really care about old west authentic on the lever gun, id love to get a .357 and shoot .38s all day. im dragging my feet, but ill be into reloading soon wince wes was nice enough to teach me how. that explains the 45-70 craze. i have enough modern stuff!

Bring her on by. By the way still no parts from Knoxx/Blackhawk about that replacement bolt for the 870. What chu wanna do?

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Bring her on by. By the way still no parts from Knoxx/Blackhawk about that replacement bolt for the 870. What chu wanna do?

I told him how bad he effed up. He's mad at himself. I guess just throw the old stock on if I left one with you. If not just the gun, parts, and the bill hahaha. Ill be down Wednsday

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I think you should go lever gun.. You have only been talking to me about it for years. Deff, when you peed your self playing with Wes's toys. LOL I can still smell that musty odor.

BeRight

Jul 19, 2012
    I really like my Rossi M92 CARBINE .38/357 STAINLESS 10+1 20" ROUND BBL - cheap spring change to lever action makes it easy and fast shooting.

Getty Up Cowboy!

adjusterr

Mar 28, 2011
    Indian Springs, Western MD
    You mentioned a Sharpes, I bought a Pedersoli Quigley model in 45/110 and love it It will shoot just like the one in the Quigley movie. My best shot with it is 800 yards, Creedmore sight, resting, 26' steel plate target. It took about four shots with the help of a very accomplished shootist before I heard the clang. Bought mine through Cabelas.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Well Dr. Jones, What timing!! Just so happens I am selling a few of my marlin early series cowboy guns and a few ruger vaquero's!!

maybe you should come over and go shopping

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom