• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hazmatman

Jul 14, 2014
    Relatively new member - been under enforced "lurker mode" since July 2014, for reasons unknown, I was not able to post to any threads. :shrug: In any case, here I am. Plenty of shooting experience, both for pleasure and for work but by no means am I an expert; however, I am within grasping distance of retirement and I still have all ten fingers and all ten toes...so I consider myself a moderate success.

As far as 2A rights in Maryland, I have lived a lot of places - some far worse than here (New Jersey) but during the almost 20 years I have spent in & out of Maryland, the people on State Circle here in Naptown are working overtime to help the Free State catch up with it's rivals in Cali and NY & NJ in ensuring that only criminals have firearms. A seriously sad state of affairs. And the pathetic laws they pass to "ban the evil guns" only raise the cost of firearm ownership and keep them from the hands of those who need them the most - and of course, leave them with ample opportunity to return to the well to pass yet another "law to end all gun crimes" law just in time for campaign season.

So, there you go...some personal, some politics. Now for the important stuff.

I will shoot anything. And while there are definitely "better" guns, there are no truly bad guns unless they fail to function. I worship no man nor his works. Neither Sam Colt, John Browning, Eugene Stoner, nor Mikhail Kalashnikov. They were all smarter than me, but I see the form, function and beauty in all their creations. ARs. AKs. DA. SA. Striker Fire. Wheel Guns. Lever, Pump, Bolt, SemiAuto. Black Powder. They are all good in my book, and they all have a place in my gun safes. If we could, we would all drive Ferraris or Porsches or Corvettes, or shoot Wilson Combats, Les Baers, or MacMillans. A gun is a tool, and you work with the tools that fit within your budget, or that are available at hand.

So...there you have it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 192

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Conrad almost could have been talking about the Severn River, couldn't he?

“Going up that river was like travelling back to the earliest beginnings of the world, when vegetation rioted on the earth and the big trees were kings. An empty stream, a great silence, an impenetrable forest. The air was warm, thick, heavy, sluggish. There was no joy in the brilliance of sunshine. The long stretches of the waterway ran on, deserted, into the gloom of overshadowed distances. The broadening waters flowed through a mob of wooded islands; you lost your way on that river as you would in a desert, and butted all day long against shoals, trying to find the channel, till you thought yourself bewitched and cut off forever from everything you had known once -somewhere- far away in another existence perhaps. There were moments when one's past came back to one, as it will sometimes when you have not a moment to spare to yourself; but it came in the shape of an unrestful and noisy dream, remembered with wonder amongst the overwhelming realities of this strange world of plants, and water, and silence. And this stillness of life did not in the least resemble a peace. It was the stillness of an implacable force brooding over an inscrutable intention. It looked at you with a vengeful aspect.”

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk![FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom