• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Edwonbass

Jan 28, 2021
    Union Mills, MD
    Welcome from Carroll County. There might be a couple of folks on here that could steer you in the right direction. You might have to say why you were disapproved but that can be done through private messaging once you find someone. Or, you can mention any details about your issue and there will surely be a ton of folks with suggestions and opinions.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    He is? Why did I think he was a tax attorney? I guess it doesn't matter now that the government is arming up 87,000 IRS agents. Same difference now, LOL.
    I believe he has some 2A knowledge and he’ll advocate for our side regardless of his political leanings or stature.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    lol - just too funny. I have absolutely no idea why some people think I am a dwarf, a tax attorney/CPA, a liberal, and anti-2A. One day, I might figure it out.

I guess we can debate the definition of dwarf. I'm definitely not liberal or anti-2A. I am conservative, just not uber conservative with googly eyes for Trump. I practice law in a lot of areas other than tax matters.

Do I practice in the tax realm? Yes!!! I prepare tax returns and represent people in front of the IRS, the Comptroller of Maryland, and other state taxing agencies. Last year, I dealt with a matter in Virginia. I have only had a single return I have prepared come back to me for a correspondence audit, and that was 15+ years ago and we met most of what the IRS was looking for. Most of my matters in front of the IRS, the Comptroller, or other state agencies are from people that have screwed up their own returns.

I also do estate planning, business consulting, personal injury litigation, construction litigation, landlord/tenant litigation, lease drafting, LLC and S Corp formations, and the list goes on and on. Over the summer, I drafted up a Waiver and Hold Harmless for a new W&C instructor. Last week, I had somebody call me from Mount Airy to ask me about an expunged matter and how he should answer the arrest question on the W&C application. Somehow, he found me by searching this site. I asked him where he got my phone number and he could not say. :innocent0 I have had several clients call me about transferring guns to other people, how to fix being denied by NICS, etc.

I do NOT handle divorces that involve minor children or criminal matters unless the alleged criminal has been a client of mine for a decade or more and the matter is minor.

As far as being a 2A attorney is concerned, so many people throw that phrase around and I am not even sure what it means. Are Helfand and Martella 2A attorneys because they are representing Andy, the Engage Armament owner? They also represent all sorts of criminals in all sorts of matters that do not involve firearms.

When I hear somebody say 2A attorney, I think of Alan Gottlieb and the Second Amendment Foundation, with its always ongoing fight for the 2A. I think of 2A attorneys as Constitutional attorneys focusing on the 2nd Amendment to claw back our 2A rights. Once upon a time, I would have put NRA attorneys in that category, but they do not pop into my head when I see the phrase "2A attorney".

OP - it has been almost a month since your denial. Hopefully, you are on the way to getting your permit by now.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    How the hell did you find time to have and raise four kids?:bowdown:
    I found the right woman. lol The kids are also pretty helpful now. We got lucky with our children, but we put a lot of effort into each and every one during their first 5 years. We got lucky with their intelligence and desire to achieve, which makes things a lot easier on us. They all have a desire to prove themselves to us. We also spend a lot of time doing chores and other things as a family. Kind of the way I was raised.

Think I also got lucky being born to the parents I was born to and having the four siblings I have.

Lots of hard work, with some luck along the way. I was also fortunate enough to realize my mistake, before getting to the alter, with the first woman I was engaged to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom